- Four vital reasons to address adrenal fatigue
- In my high school biology class, we gave the adrenal glands about as much attention as the spleen. That's to say, we gave them close to no attention.
We mesmerised the liver, the kidneys, and the complete lifecycle of the human egg - but the adrenal glands? Those “things” didn't even appear in the extra credit questions of our final year exam.
Thinking of this now, I'll admit that it's a bit scary. Why? Well, because your adrenals are vital organs! If you don't look after them and pay attention to them, it's easy to end up suffering from adrenal fatigue - a highly unpleasant condition associated with drained energy levels, trouble getting out of bed in the morning, severe cravings for salty foods, and so on.
On that note, here are four absolutely essential reasons to tune into these organs and address adrenal fatigue if it's a condition you suffer from.... ››› Read more
- [08 February 2016]
- Four things you need to know about insomnia right now
- I get it - waking up on the right side of the bed can be tough. Especially if you only fell asleep 45 minutes ago! Many of us know what it's like to toss and turn all night, but for nearly 10% of South Africans, insomnia is a serious problem.
Characterised by difficulty falling or staying asleep, insomnia can be a dangerous issue. If you're a sufferer of this condition, you need to load up on as much knowledge as you can about it. Having said that, here are some interesting facts about insomnia you probably didn't know.... ››› Read more
- [08 February 2016]
- Four foods that trigger adrenal fatigue
- If you know about adrenal fatigue, you know that diet is a huge factor. There are a number of foods that support adrenal function, but on the other hand, there also a number that do quite the opposite.
If you want to replenish your adrenal energy so that your system can come back to full health, you must start by removing any foods that are difficult to digest or trigger adrenal inflammation.
On that note, here are foods that you must avoid for optimum adrenal health.... ››› Read more
- [06 February 2016]
- Could this vitamin be the secret to treating the numb feeling in your hands?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night and your hands are numb and tingling?
Have you tried to swing a tennis racket or a hammer and you're in pain in a matter of minutes?
These kinds of symptoms describe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS).
Don't take it lightly.... ››› Read more
- [04 February 2016]
- Just add this one mineral to your diet and watch sleep come easily - every night!
- Having trouble sleeping? I bet you're deficient in one very important mineral.
You see, half of people in the Western world don't get enough of it! And natural medicine specialists say it's why you suffer from insomnia, anxiety and restlessness.
Director of the Cleveland Clinic for Functional Medicine's Dr Mark Hyman calls it the relaxation mineral.
Here's why…... ››› Read more
- [03 February 2016]
- This beautiful flower is the key to sleeping like a baby every night… Naturally!
- All too often, my patients ask me for a solution to their sleep disorders. Some want a natural solution so they can get off their strong prescription sleeping pills. Others are just desperate to get a few hours of undisturbed shut-eye. But whatever the reason, they all need a little help.
My answer is almost always the same: “I have just the thing”.
And when I tell them about this beautiful flower that grows in South America and Asia, I know they can hardly wait to get their hands on it…... ››› Read more
- [01 February 2016]
- Something funny has happened in the changeable world of healthy fats… Have you noticed?
- A few short years ago, coconut oil was deemed the devil itself in fat form, in that it was clogging the arteries and upping the heart attack risk of everyone who went to the movies and bought movie theatre popcorn.
Hold the butter - in the year of 1994, the Center for Science in the Public Interest published a study that claimed that a typical large movie theatre popcorn contained as much saturated fat as six Big Macs! Yes, six Big Macs. I'll allow you some time to let that sink in…
Since then, everyone's view on coconut oil seems to have changed - and rather drastically at that.... ››› Read more
- [29 January 2016]
- Five habits of people who never skip a workout
- When you first start a new fitness routine, you're stoked. For weeks! You practically pop out of bed to hit the gym - come rain or shine.
And then life happens…
A colleague calls an early-morning meeting. You get the flu. You start feeling deflated. And willpower fades… Fast.
Sound familiar? It's a “vicious cycle of failure”, according to Michelle Segar from the University of Michigan in the US. She's been studying motivation for 20 years to figure out why so many of us struggle to keep at it. Especially when it comes to healthy habits. Read on to find out what she has to say…... ››› Read more
- [28 January 2016]
- The one ingredient missing from your Rheumatoid Arthritis treatment plan
- There are three permanent items in your life as a Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) sufferer:
1. The heat or cold pack;
2. Your pain killers; and
3. The cortisone cream.
But, as long as you've been suffering with this autoimmune disease, there's been something missing.
Today, I want to tell you about it. It's a natural compound that, the longer you use, the less you'll have to rely on the other three treatments above!
Read on to discover the missing ingredient in your RA treatment plan.... ››› Read more
- [27 January 2016]
- Six do's and don'ts when it comes to being a heart-smart shopper
- Your ticker is an organ you should always look out for. Making small changes in your diet to keep your heart healthy sounds daunting, but it's actually really easy!
It all comes down to knowing which foods are heart-healthy, which foods are bad for your heart, and how to read food labels.
Today I'm sharing some insight with you on how to become a heart-smart shopper. Make sure you keep these pointers in mind next time you're doing a grocery shop.... ››› Read more
- [26 January 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn
© 2016 FSPHealthAndFitness.co.za. All rights reserved.
| Our Products
| About us
| Useful links
| Whitelist Your Health Bytes
| Our Shop
| NDW - ingredient list
Copyright 2015, Fleet Street Publications (Pty) Ltd. The information contained herein is obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. No action or inaction should be taken based solely on the contents of this publication. We do research all our recommendations and articles thoroughly, but we disclaim all liability for any inaccuracies or omissions found in this publication. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by means of electronic or mechanical, including recording , photocopying, or via a computerised or electric storage or retrieval system without permission granted in writing from the publishers.