Three American politicians all have something in common; heart problems. Could it be the stress of the job or was it because they had predisposed factors. Either way, pay attention to your stress levels now so that you don't end up like any of these guys!
George W. Bush had to have a stent put in recently, while Bill Clinton underwent bypass surgery. Dick Cheney has had a heart transplant before and suffered five heart attacks!
What is stress
really doing to our hearts, and how can we stop it from leaving us with a “politician’s heart”?
1. Heart rate increases.
3. The release of fatty acids into the bloodstream for energy increases cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Fats are deposited because chronic stress
increases the release of cortisol
Beat stress with these six tips.
1. Exercise – get rid of the stress on the treadmill
2. Relax – breathe and think
3. Socialise – get out with your friends
4. Take control – you can bring a stop to any situation you’re in. You just need to take control.
5. Have a laugh – laughter is a great stress reliever. Laugh loud and often.
6. Think positively – when you’re positive, you make positive choices!
When you’re in a stressful situation, recognise it and then take control of it. Take a deep breath and relax, forcing yourself to take a minute to think.
If you’re not thinking clearly, the situation will spiral out of control. Teach yourself the techniques that’ll help you fight stress and keep your heart healthy.
Note: 5 of 1 vote