The seasons are changing and you know what that means: It's time to give that exquisite epidermis of yours a much-needed makeover!
If you aren't a fan of slathering all sorts of chemical-laden products over your skin to achieve a refreshed, renewed complexion, not to worry - you can use your favourite foods instead.
That's right - by using your favourite foods au naturel on your skin, you'll moisturise and nourish your skin to give yourself a healthy winter glow. Want to know how to do it? Read on! (Just beware: The face mask recipe we're sharing is literally good enough to eat.)
How to use your favourite foods to give your skin a winter makeover
We’re going to be focusing on five foods in this face mask recipe: Oats, almonds, coconut oil, chia seeds and cinnamon. Let’s take a quick look at the skin benefits of each one:
· Oats: The blood sugar
-balancing soluble fibre in oats makes it a top breakfast food – and it’s for this exact reason that it works so well to calm your skin, too. Oats unclog your pores, cleanse your skin of oils and soothe redness and irritation.
· Almonds: Brimming with several vitamins and minerals, almonds really pack a punch! One of the most noteworthy is vitamin E – the vitamin that works to fight off free radicals, which play a major role in the ageing
· Coconut oil: There’s no plant oil more moisturising and softening than coconut oil, which is chockfull of fatty acids that soothe skin irritations, including acne and eczema
. Just make sure you use virgin organic coconut oil only.
· Chia seeds: These tiny seeds help exfoliate to slough off dry, dead skin cells and leave behind a fresh complexion. They’re also infused with omega-3 fatty acid goodness.
· Cinnamon: Boasting antiviral and anti-fungal properties, cinnamon helps cleanse your skin of impurities that cause breakouts and infections.
SanVia Gold turns all kinds of "guilty pleasures" into stealth superfoods -Even mouth-watering brownies!
If you hate to cook, you'll love SanVia Gold. Just stir SanVia Gold into your favourite hot or cold cereal, and you're done. Or you can whip it up with your morning shake, add it to fruit-flavoured yoghurt, or sprinkle it onto salads or into your brownie mixture. No cooking skills of any kind are required...
Get your hands on this phenomenal super-grain that turns any food healthy…
Ready to learn how to use these five foods directly on your skin to boost your glow factor in an instant? Here’s how...
½ cup of oats
2 tbsp of almond butter
¾ cup of water
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tbsp of coconut oil
¼ tsp of vanilla powder
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
3 medjool dates
What to do:
1. Soak the dates in hot water for a few minutes until soft. Peel skin and remove pits. Blend almond butter, water, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
2. Add oats and chia seeds to a bowl and pour the mixture over the top. Mix together, then let sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes. You can use right away or, even better, cover and place in the refrigerator and allow to soak and firm up even more for a few hours or overnight.
3. When you're ready, apply half the mixture to your face. Meanwhile, add the rest to a bowl and eat it! (You can top with banana slices, cacao nibs, nuts, seeds or fresh fruit for an added boost of flavour and energy.) After 10 to 15 minutes, rinse the mask off with lukewarm water and follow with a cold
splash of water to lock in moisture.
It’s as simple as that!