About 10% of the entire population get kidney stones in their lifetime. But what is it that causes these painful stones to block your urinary tract? Well, today you'll discover the reasons why kidney stones develop. And more importantly, how you can lower your risk!
Whether you develop kidney stones depends on how high your risk is
You’re in control of the first three risk factors and you can change them naturally:
1. Your weight:
Your risk is higher when you’re overweight
or obese. When your BMI (height vs. weight) is above the normal range, your risk increases. Lose weight and lower your risk.
2. Diet: If you eat lots salt, protein and sugar, your risk is higher. Eat a balanced diet, incorporating lots of natural produce and lower your risk.
3. Dehydration: If you don’t drink enough water, your kidneys will suffer and stones may form in them. Make sure you drink at least 2l of water every day to keep your kidneys flushed and stone free.
While the remaining four risk factors aren’t completely preventable, you can change aspects of your lifestyle to ensure your risk is lower:
4. Family history – or previous history of stones: Half of people
who have had a stone before will get another one.
5. Digestive disease or surgery: Because these interfere with the digestion of foods and absorption of water, there’s a higher risk of kidney stones. You can increase your water intake and stay away from foods that cause kidney stones.
6. Age: Your risk increases as you age, and it’s around the age of 40 that they’ll develop. Stay healthy and stick to foods that lower your risk of stones developing.
7. Other medical conditions: Some urinary tract infections, problems with the acid in your kidneys and an overactive thyroid gland could increase your risk of developing kidney stones. Make changes in your diet to counteract the increase in risk.
For years, doctors have told kidney stone sufferers not to take vitamin D. They believe high doses of vitamin D increases the concentration of calcium or oxalate in your urine and can lead to painful calcium stones. But if your fear of kidney stones is preventing you from using vitamin D supplements, a new study could ease your mind…
INTERESTED? Then keep reading and discover the natural secrets to preventing and treating your kidney stones. Starting today!
PS) Revealed: New study says kidney sufferers should STOP avoiding vitamin D
Note: 5 of 1 vote