Bone, Joint & Nerve Health
- Swap steroid injections for this nutrient cocktail pain-buster...
- Steroid injections have been shown to damage the bones in the proximity of the injection site.
But what do you do if you have chronic pain that's affecting your quality of life?
Dr Jonathan Wright, a Naturopath Medical Doctor in the US wrote about a nutrient cocktail that he uses in his practice for his patients suffering from chronic pain. Read about it below... The nutrient cocktail that ... ››› more
- [07 December 2018]
- Fight joint pain and swelling with niacinamide and willow bark
- Arthritis and joint pain is caused when your cartilage cells break apart, clog up the synovial fluid and bring on an inflammatory reaction. There are a number of factors that can cause or contribute to the pain, including age, genetics and a poor diet.
The good news is, no matter what you've been told, arthritis is far from inevitable - no matter your age. There is a lot you can do to reduce th... ››› more
- [27 November 2018]
- Do magnets really work for pain relief?
- Dr Carlos Valbona, a rehabilitation specialist at the Baylor College of Medicine (Texas), scoffed at the idea of magnets being applied to the skin to relieve pain.
But more and more patients were coming in and telling him the magnets worked on their particular pain. His curiosity was finally aroused and he began dabbling with the treatment, even though he was aware that the words “magnet” a... ››› more
- [19 November 2018]
- Steroid injections linked to bone death...
- If you experience joint pain in your hips due to osteoarthritis, you'll know how it affects every aspect of your life. And, because of this, you may be tempted to get your doctor to inject your hip bone with a steroid and anaesthetic solution to ease the pain for a while.
But a recent study shows you may need to think twice about this treatment in future - before it's too late. Find out more be... ››› more
- [07 November 2018]
- Eat this to stop osteoporosis in its tracks...
- About one in four women, and one in five men, over the age of 50, has osteoporosis - the disease that causes your bones to thin out and become fragile and brittle.
It's one of the most common age-related chronic diseases so many people take precautions like taking calcium. This seems like a good idea, given that 99% of the calcium in your body is stored in your bones and teeth. And, if you don'... ››› more
- [29 October 2018]
- Foods that may be causing your joint pain...
- While there are foods that help soothe joint pain, there are also some that may be causing your pain. They're inflammatory foods and as long as you keep eating them, your joints will keep hurting.
Keep reading to find out which foods to strike from your diet... Stay away from these foods to reduce inflammation
Processed and fried foods
Researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine foun... ››› more
- [03 October 2018]
- 3 Foods that soothe inflammation in the joints...
- If you have achy, swollen joints, watching what you eat is super important. There are certain foods you should avoid and others that actually help soothe the pain and swelling.
Keep reading to find out more (I think you'll be surprised!)... Foods to stock up on for your achy joints
You already know that omega-3, olive oil, grapeseed oil, fatty fish like tuna and salmon, nuts and avocados are... ››› more
- [07 September 2018]
- Treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Naturally...
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) describes a feeling of numbness, pain, tingling, burning or weakness in the hands and arms.
It's caused by pressure on the median nerve which runs from your arms into your hands. Swelling in your wrist may pinch the nerve, resulting in the discomfort described above. The only digit CTS doesn't affect is the pinky.
But, if you go to the doctor, he'll want you to ... ››› more
- [04 September 2018]
- Travelling tips for arthritis sufferers...
- When you have to live with painful joints, planning a holiday isn't the easiest thing to do, especially if you're planning to travel with more mobile, younger people.
But don't let that stop you. Follow the tips below to reduce the strain on your joints while on holiday so that you and your family can have an enjoyable break. Travel tips to keep your joints pain-free...
1. Select a joint-fr... ››› more
- [22 June 2018]
- Common knee surgery might not help ease pain or improve mobility…
- Knee surgery is common among older adults who want to remove damaged cartilage in their knees. However, a new American study suggests that these operations may not help ease pain or improve mobility in people over 65.
For their study, the researchers focused on a procedure called arthroscopic partial meniscectomy, which involves cutting out or shaving torn or damaged tissue. Past studies have s... ››› more
- [14 March 2018]