- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Breast cancer patients with optimal vitamin D levels have a 30% better chance of surviving
- It's well-known that vitamin D intake is important for maintaining healthy bones and teeth, regulating calcium and phosphorus absorption and preventing diseases like cancer, type 1 diabetes and multiple sclerosis. But what about other diseases like cancer and, more specifically, breast cancer?
A spanking new study by researchers at Kaiser Permanente and the Roswell Park Cancer Institute has fou... ››› more
- [29 May 2017]
- Psychiatric disorders may be a result of vitamin D deficiency
- The exact cause of psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar disorder is unknown. That said, it's fast becoming clear through research that many of these conditions are caused by a combination of biological, genetic, psychological and environmental factors. But that's not all...
According to a new Dutch study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychopharma... ››› more
- [26 May 2017]
- Boosting your calcium intake won't strengthen your bones and prevent fractures, experts say
- The health and strength of your bones relies on a balanced diet and steady stream of nutrients - and you'll be interested to know that calcium isn't the most important of them all to strengthen your bones and prevent fractures.
In fact, at the recent annual Pediatric Academic Societies meeting held in Washington, in the USA, a study was presented that surprised everyone. It uncovered that to en... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- New Harvard study shows that a combination of certain dairy foods and vitamin D supplements may protect against osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis, or age-related bone loss, occurs when your bone strength decreases and your risk of a broken bone increases. According to research, it's the most common reason for a broken bone in elderly people.
Thin, petite women as well as small-boned men are at greater chance of developing osteoporosis, compared to those with larger frames and more body weight. If you've got a small frame - o... ››› more
- [20 March 2017]
- The four essential vitamins and nutrients every woman needs after age 40
- You know how it goes - you set your new year's resolutions and after a couple of weeks, the stress of keeping up with who you're trying to be has you chomping your teeth (and perhaps a takeaway burger, too) out of tension.
And sticking to these resolutions - never mind actually achieving your healthy goals - only gets more difficult as you get older, doesn't it?
Instead of trying to eat cle... ››› more
- [27 January 2017]
- Arthritis and vitamin D - a doctor explains the connection
- Dr James Dowd, a rheumatologist at the Arthritis Institute of Michigan in the US, has been prescribing vitamin D to people who suffer from chronic illness like arthritis for years.
And, recently, two major studies confirmed just how important the sunshine vitamin is for good health. Read on to learn more about the connection between arthritis and vitamin D as explained by Dr Dowd plus renowned ... ››› more
- [16 November 2016]
- Boost your fight against breast cancer with the sunshine vitamin!
- Proof that the sunshine vitamin makes breast cancer cells less aggressive
Your chances of surviving breast cancer increases drastically when you have higher levels of vitamin D in your blood
Here's how to ensure you're getting enough vitamin D
The vitamin your body makes when sunshine hits your skin has always been a natural supplement to turn to for overall health. But now naturopa... ››› more
- [18 May 2016]
- Are you suffering from one of these four often undiagnosed causes of fatigue?
- Fatigue affects millions of people around the world. While are many reasons for developing this condition, there are a number of top reasons people present with fatigue.
If you suffer from fatigue and are having a tough time getting to the root cause, I highly recommend that you work with a functional medicine practitioner or integrative physician to get the to bottom of it. Don't allow yoursel... ››› more
- [13 May 2016]
- Are you overdosing on these vitamins?
- For if you don't already know, vitamins are 13 compounds. Each one is vital for optimal health (hence vit-amin), but can't be made in large quantities.
Typically, we consume vitamins through whole foods or fortified foods. Too add, for the past 80 years, vitamins have been synthesised and made available as supplements for our diets.
The idea of using foods to heal is nothing new. Over 2,000... ››› more
- [02 May 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn