- Eat these foods to fight off macular degeneration and cataracts
- Age-related macular degeneration and cataracts are common vision problems in older adults. Many people assume that they'll suffer from some vision loss as they age due to conditions like these, but this isn't always the case.
By eating certain foods, you can prevent eye disease and keep your vision healthy. Keep reading for four foods that help stave off vision loss, while promoting overall eye... ››› more
- [12 March 2018]
- These 10 supplements keep eyes healthy and slow down vision loss
- Dietary supplements are popularly consumed as a remedy for a host of health issues, from weight loss to boosting brain power. While not all have been adequately studied, there's a good deal of research to support that taking certain supplements protects your eyes.
In order to keep your eyes healthy and slow down vision loss as you get older, it's essential that you consume certain nutrients. Re... ››› more
- [07 March 2018]
- This new examination technique can help prevent vision loss…
- Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that can cause vision loss. While treatment can help, this condition can't be cured. Thankfully, there's a new examination technique that provides for the earliest glaucoma conditions…
Researchers from the University Collee London and Western Eye Hospital, who developed the test, are very encouraged by this new technique and believe it can help people pre... ››› more
- [20 June 2017]
- Could multiple sclerosis - an autoimmune disease that affects 2.3 million people worldwide - be behind your vision problems?
- If you know a thing or two about multiple sclerosis (MS), you may know that it's an autoimmune disease with very unpredictable symptoms. These symptoms can vary in intensity from person to person.
While some people will experience numbness and fatigue, severe cases of MS can also cause vision loss, paralysis and reduced brain function. Keep reading to learn more about how multiple sclerosis can... ››› more
- [11 July 2016]
- Can you reverse diabetic retinopathy?
- Retinopathy means “sick retina” and it's one of the most terrifying complications you need to prevent when you suffer from diabetes.
But what exactly is diabetic retinopathy and can you reverse it if you have it?
Read on to discover the answer.
What is diabetic retinopathy?
Diabetic retinopathy is retina damage that occurs from the continued exposure to high blood s... ››› more
- [16 April 2015]
- Is your son taking part in dangerous drinking games that could rob him of his sight?
- In 2010, “Vodka Eyeballing” swept through the UK. And while hundreds of articles cropped up in the wake of this game of dares, all has since gone quiet.
So, does that mean young people have stopped daring each other to “drink” vodka through their eyeballs?
Not at all!! News agencies have simply found more trending topics to cover!
Vodka eyeballing is still a very real problem. ... ››› more
- [27 November 2014]
- Scientists find a link between your eyes, brain and… Oranges?
- You'll probably never forget the image of your mom standing over you at the dinner table telling you to eat your carrots so you could see better in the dark.
But now that you're older, you know it's not just carrots that keep your eyes healthy.
What about oranges? Did you know they're an essential part of your eye health?
In fact, they might be as good for your eyes as c... ››› more
- [12 November 2014]
- 75% of diabetics will go blind!
- One of the most shocking outcomes of type 2 diabetes is vision loss. In fact, it's the leading causes of blindness today!
Research done by Vision 2020, a global initiative for elimination of avoidable blindness showed that 75% of the world's vision loss is caused by diabetic retinopathy.
Three out of four diabetics suffer from this devastating complication and if you're diabetic it should be... ››› more
- [15 October 2014]
- Warning: Being overweight increases your blindness risk
- Did you every think that carrying extra weight would have such a devastating effect on your eyesight?
Being overweight or obese can cause you to go blind!
And it's because of the link obesity shares with so many other ailments.
Think about the effects each organ has on the eyes. If your heart doesn't work properly, you suffer from high blood pressure. The increase in pres... ››› more
- [12 September 2014]
- Keep your eyes healthy well into old age by avoiding these three common mistakes
- An optometrist in New York City, Deena Chaudri, often sees her patients make common mistakes when it comes to their eyes. And it can lead to vision problems that only start to affect you as you age.
What's worse is that many common mistakes you make in terms of eye health are preventable and are easy to avoid.
So have a look below at three of the most common mistakes people make so you c... ››› more
- [29 August 2014]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn