- Been anxious, restless and forgetful? This could be why...
- If you feel like you're losing your mind lately because you can't remember where you parked your car or you've suddenly developed nervous or anxious tendencies, and you've lost some weight...
It could have nothing to do with your mind at all!
Find out below what could be causing your 'false dementia' and how you can help treat it naturally... This gland could be the cause of your worrying sy... ››› more
- [20 June 2018]
- These herbs provide natural support for your thyroid
- According to statistics, up to 60% of people with thyroid problems aren't even aware of them. Hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid, is characterised by fatigue, depression and forgetfulness, while hyperthyroidism, or an overactive thyroid, presents symptoms of excess sweating, excessive hunger and heat intolerance.
If you think you may have a thyroid problem, here's some good news: There a... ››› more
- [22 March 2018]
- Sluggish thyroid? Here's how to take charge of it…
- Hypothyroidism can make you feel exhausted and sluggish among other symptoms. You might even feel cold and find it difficult to concentrate, even when you're taking levothyroxine, a type of thyroid hormone replacement therapy and the most common treatment for an underactive thyroid.
But what else can you do to take charge of your hypothyroidism? Aviva Romm, author of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolut... ››› more
- [16 February 2018]
- Thyroid cancer rates are skyrocketing! Watch out for these four symptoms
- You get regular colonoscopies to check for colon cancer and see a dermatologist to make sure you don't have skin cancer. But what about thyroid cancer - is it even something you're concerned about?
Perhaps not, but maybe you should be. The number of people diagnosed with thyroid cancer has doubled since the 1970s. Woman, in particular, seem to be at risk. Here are four symptoms to watch out for... ››› more
- [07 December 2017]
- Can't heal hypothyroidism? Menopause symptoms getting worse? These tiny glands may be to blame…
- We so often talk about organs like the kidneys, liver and complete lifecycle of the human egg and overlook the two tiny glands located above each kidney that produce a number of important hormones: The adrenals.
Your doctor probably talks to you about your adrenals as much as he does about your spleen. That's to say, he probably gives them close to no attention. So why is this scary? For starte... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- These four foods help keep up the fight against inflammation to prevent everything from allergies to heart disease
- By now, you know that inflammation is the root of everything - allergies, chronic pain, obesity, migraines, thyroid problems, diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, heart disease, stroke, cancer, dental problems... the list goes on.
One of the best ways to fight inflammation and prevent these health problems is to eat foods that calm your body. Read on for four top inflammation-fighting foods that ke... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- Cruciferous vegetables don't cause thyroid disease! Here's how they actually help boost your glutathione levels and heal your thyroid
- If you have a thyroid condition, you may be wondering if leafy green vegetables are your enemy. Because, as you've heard, you should never eat raw cruciferous vegetables if you have hypothyroidism, and they can cause goiters.
Newsflash! Some leafy greens, such as kale, spinach and broccoli, are actually excellent for your thyroid health. In fact, they can help to boost your glutathione (a stron... ››› more
- [07 February 2017]
- The top three causes of the autoimmune disease Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Many people suffer from hypothyroidism, or a low functioning thyroid. All people diagnosed with this thyroid condition also have the autoimmune disease Hashimoto's thyroiditis - a condition in which your immune system attacks your thyroid.
Because your thyroid is part of your endocrine system, which produces hormones that your body needs for a number of functions, Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a ... ››› more
- [29 December 2016]
- Thyroid problems? Slow metabolism? You may want to start avoiding goitrogen-containing foods!
- Have you ever heard the term “goitrogen”? It's not a word that's thrown around very often, but it's something that people with thyroid disorders should take interest in learning about very quickly.
If you think you have an issue with your thyroid or metabolism, read on to find out what goitrogens are, how they affect your body and why you should avoid goitrogen-containing foods for the sake... ››› more
- [21 December 2016]
- Heavy metals, sex hormones and other things you didn't know trigger chronic fatigue
- If you're one of the 2.5 million people in South Africa who suffer from chronic fatigue, you're very familiar with the everyday struggle that is low vitality and waning energy levels...
While your doctor may tell you that you simply have to learn to live with your fatigue, Dr Evan Hirsch, an American doctor who specialises in fatigue and who suffered from chronic fatigue for five years himself,... ››› more
- [07 December 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn