- These are the greatest superfoods (and why they're super)
- When it comes to eating, it's vital that you're getting nutritional benefits from the food you choose to put on your plate.
These four top superfoods will have you feeling healthy and energised, not to mention looking great, due to their powerhouse properties.
Add these foods to your diet right away and in no time, your body will be thanking you. Happy indulging!
Four superfoods you sh... ››› more
- [24 April 2018]
- Berries, chia seeds and leafy greens: Why they deserve their superfood status
- You see the term ‘superfood' in lots of health publications nowadays. It seems like every day, there's a new one that promises to be the secret to better health.
While there's no formal definition for the term ‘superfood', one things experts agree on is that they aren't all created equal. “Superfoods are those that are not only packed with a lot of minerals and vitamins, but with plant co... ››› more
- [23 February 2018]
- Study published in Food Technology reveals nine seeds and fruits that provide a number of nutrients and health benefits in one package
- While there's no standard definition of a super seed or fruit, it's agreed that they pack a punch of nutrients and health benefits in one package.
So which super seeds and fruits should you add to your diet?
A recent study published in Food Technology, which was conducted by the Institute of Food Technologies (IFT), revealed the top nine super seeds and fruits that fit the bill for natural, ... ››› more
- [22 May 2017]
- You'll be intrigued by this tasty and super-healthy linguine al limone with grilled chia chicken recipe
- These days, it's impossible to avoid hearing about the incredible nutritional benefits of chia seeds. However, most of the ways you generally come across using this top superfood are sweet - think smoothies, puddings and baked goods.
If you've been on the lookout for a savoury dish that chia appears in, look no further than this tantalising linguine al limone with grilled chia chicken recipe. W... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Eat this to for a detoxified body on the inside and smoother, clearer skin on the outside!
- There are many benefits to starting your day with a healthy dose of greens. Some include increased energy, less stress, deeper sleep, better digestion, clearer skin and improved circulation.
The reason behind this? When you put cleansing greens into your body that are easy on your digestive system, your body doesn't have to work hard digesting them and can use more energy on getting harmful tox... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- The super skin benefits that chia seeds offer - from fighting free radicals to boosting cell turnover
- It's believed that the ancient Aztecs and Mayans filled up on chia seeds before they headed into battle. So how are these tiny seeds still relevant today when we're not preparing to do battle?
You've probably heard that this superfood packs a serious punch of nutrition. Brimming with fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients, chia seeds are excellent for many aspects of you... ››› more
- [08 May 2017]
- Want to achieve radiant skin and improve your overall health while you're at it? Eat these four surprising foods
- If you want to feel good, look good and stay balanced, you've got to go back to basics, according to Lily Kunin, a New York City-based health coach.
Think about what makes you feel good: Is it eating a nutritious breakfast every morning? How about snacking on foods that ease stress and fuel your brain?
For Kunin, putting her most beautifully glowing self forward and staying balanced means ea... ››› more
- [03 May 2017]
- You can moisturise and nourish your skin to give yourself a gorgeous winter glow using your favourite foods au naturel!
- The seasons are changing and you know what that means: It's time to give that exquisite epidermis of yours a much-needed makeover!
If you aren't a fan of slathering all sorts of chemical-laden products over your skin to achieve a refreshed, renewed complexion, not to worry - you can use your favourite foods instead.
That's right - by using your favourite foods au naturel on your skin, you'll... ››› more
- [02 May 2017]
- Are you always riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? Drink this every morning to address the root cause - adrenal fatigue
- Have you ever finished work and arrived home to a clean house with no more tasks to do for the day and still felt riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? You know, the feeling that even though there's nothing to be stressed about, you feel like you're barely coping - or not coping at all...
It's a scary feeling. And if you ignore it, other problems may arise - your hair may fall out, your br... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- Chia seeds help combat inflammation and prevent thyroid and breast cancer
- If you've been looking for a breakfast that calms inflammation and prevents cancer, look no further than chia pudding! Both for great your thyroid and breasts, chia seeds are chockfull of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which also help balance your hormones and lower your risk of heart disease.
Some research has even found that chia seeds have a regulating effect on insulin resistance, which m... ››› more
- [25 April 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn