- Seven tips to spring clean your skincare routine
- Oh, spring... A season where we toss out the old to make room for the new. And it doesn't stop at deep-cleaning your apartment or swapping out your winter wear for lighter clothing… Your skincare routine needs a boost, too! Here are my expert tips for transitioning from winter to spring with fresh, beautiful skin.
#1: Toss out all your old and expired products
Spring cleaning is the perfe... ››› more
- [23 November 2017]
- This first-of-its-kind electronic measures your sun exposure to protect your skin from the sun's penetrating rays
- By now you know about all the skin health problems that are associated with sun exposure - skin ageing, wrinkling, sunburns and skin cancer to name a few. leading pharmacies.
To help protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays, French cosmetics giant L'Oreal is launching a first-of-its-kind electronic to help you measure how much sun exposure you're actually getting. Keep reading for the fu... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- Five tricks to naturally reduce sun damage to your skin this summer
- With temperatures are on the rise, it can be easy to get excited about the sun, only to end up coming home with stinging, red skin. And that's not even the worst part - sunburn is also very damaging to your skin and can prematurely age it as well as increase your risk of skin cancer!
Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to minimise sun damage to your skin this summer, while still ... ››› more
- [16 September 2016]
- Five sun-fighting superfoods
- From a young age, you were taught that it's important to lather up on layers of sunblock before spending time out in the sun. But here's the thing: Sunscreen may not be the right approach.
Sure, sunblock may block out the sun's harmful rays, but it also keeps out vitamin D, an absolutely essential nutrient protects you against injury and promotes immunity. And that's not all - most chemical sun... ››› more
- [27 July 2016]
- Five surprising body parts that need sun protection
- You've heard it all before: Apply sunscreen liberally every day before sun exposure and re-apply often.
This is a tried and true maneuver to minimize the risk of skin cancer, specifically the most deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma. However, even applying all the sunscreen in the world to your skin won't 100% prevent you from getting melanoma.
You see, there are certain places on the body... ››› more
- [02 March 2016]
- Ten essential rules for younger-looking skin
- When it comes to achieving your healthiest, most radiant complexion, it can be tricky to know which steps to take. I get it - there's so much information out there on skincare, and a lot of it's conflicting.
Over the last four, as I've studied the skin and the best ways to keep it gorgeous, I've discovered what I believe are ten essential skin care rules that everyone should know.
Live by t... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- How to get holiday-ready skin in four simple steps
- During the summer, hot temperatures, high humidity and lots of sun exposure all contribute to water evaporating from your skin, leaving it dry and sometimes even burnt. Here are four fabulous tips to getting holiday-ready, radiant skin during the summer months!
Four key steps to beautiful skin this summer
#1: Use a gentle cleanser
Bin the harsh cleansers for the season and switch to a g... ››› more
- [03 December 2015]
- Make your own non-toxic sunscreen at home with shea butter and coconut oil
- I'm completely crazy about sun protection. I'd like to attribute this to being admirably health conscious, but, no… My preoccupation has much more to do with the fear of sunspots and wrinkles! However, I struggle to find sunscreen that I like wearing.
I'm yet to find a conventional sun cream that doesn't either break me out, smell gross or cost a fortune. And that's why I make my own sunscree... ››› more
- [12 October 2015]
- Red raspberry seed oil is pretty much nature's sunscreen!
- Move it on over, chia and hemp... There's a new seed on the block: Red raspberry seed! I'll admit that I used to think of these little seeds as a real nuisance (they're so hard to get out of your teeth!), but I've now discovered a new-found appreciation. And it's all in the oil, baby.
Red raspberry seed oil is loaded with skin-loving goodies, including natural sun protection factor (SPF). I don... ››› more
- [16 September 2015]
- You can get skin cancer in winter, too - here's how to prevent it
- You can get skin cancer in summer, too
Just because it's raining doesn't mean you should stop worrying about sun exposure. Sunburn - and even skin cancer - can happen even in winter months!
The Skin Cancer Foundation reported that one in five people will develop skin cancer during their lifetime. Even during cold weather, you're subject to ultraviolet radiation in the form of UVA rays.
Th... ››› more
- [24 June 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn