- Seven tips to spring clean your skincare routine
- Oh, spring... A season where we toss out the old to make room for the new. And it doesn't stop at deep-cleaning your apartment or swapping out your winter wear for lighter clothing… Your skincare routine needs a boost, too! Here are my expert tips for transitioning from winter to spring with fresh, beautiful skin.
#1: Toss out all your old and expired products
Spring cleaning is the perfe... ››› more
- [23 November 2017]
- Four natural ingredients that will quickly pacify inflamed, angry skin
- I'll confess - I regularly struggle with blotchy, red, uneven skin. And it seems as though no matter how many high-end skincare products I try to calm my angry skin, most are largely ineffective! Yes, even the products that are marketed as the very best you can buy for inflamed skin...
What I've also found is that common treatments for inflamed skin, such as exfoliants and retinol, only worsen ... ››› more
- [04 January 2017]
- Five tricks to naturally reduce sun damage to your skin this summer
- With temperatures are on the rise, it can be easy to get excited about the sun, only to end up coming home with stinging, red skin. And that's not even the worst part - sunburn is also very damaging to your skin and can prematurely age it as well as increase your risk of skin cancer!
Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to minimise sun damage to your skin this summer, while still ... ››› more
- [16 September 2016]
- Five sun-fighting superfoods
- From a young age, you were taught that it's important to lather up on layers of sunblock before spending time out in the sun. But here's the thing: Sunscreen may not be the right approach.
Sure, sunblock may block out the sun's harmful rays, but it also keeps out vitamin D, an absolutely essential nutrient protects you against injury and promotes immunity. And that's not all - most chemical sun... ››› more
- [27 July 2016]
- Ten essential rules for younger-looking skin
- When it comes to achieving your healthiest, most radiant complexion, it can be tricky to know which steps to take. I get it - there's so much information out there on skincare, and a lot of it's conflicting.
Over the last four, as I've studied the skin and the best ways to keep it gorgeous, I've discovered what I believe are ten essential skin care rules that everyone should know.
Live by t... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- Eight foods that feed your skin, hair and nails
- It doesn't matter how many serums you slather on your skin, hair and nails - what goes in your mouth has the strongest influence on what shows up on your face! Here's a list of my favourite skin, hair and nail superfoods.
Eight foods to eat for beauty benefits
The omega-3 fatty acids help strengthen skin and keep it well-hydrated.
Carotenoids prote... ››› more
- [18 November 2015]
- What causes an uneven skin tone plus how to improve and prevent it
- No matter your skin type or colour, you're likely to suffer from an uneven or blotchy skin tone at some point in your life. When this happens, you'll probably stress over what's caused this change in your skin, and what you can do to improve it immediately and prevent it from happening again. Today, I'm answering all those questions for you.
What causes an uneven skin tone?
An uneven skin t... ››› more
- [23 September 2015]
- How to choose a sunscreen that's right for you
- I recently wrote about how sunscreens contain chemicals that can be harmful and even toxic. So now, I'm going to help you pick out a sunscreen that's right for you!
It's important you read this to avoid skin irritations, infections and other problems PS: If you missed my first article, go here.
How to pick out a sunscreen for yourself
First, a little scepticism can be helpful. “A lo... ››› more
- [27 July 2015]
- You can get skin cancer in winter, too - here's how to prevent it
- You can get skin cancer in summer, too
Just because it's raining doesn't mean you should stop worrying about sun exposure. Sunburn - and even skin cancer - can happen even in winter months!
The Skin Cancer Foundation reported that one in five people will develop skin cancer during their lifetime. Even during cold weather, you're subject to ultraviolet radiation in the form of UVA rays.
Th... ››› more
- [24 June 2015]
- Use these natural pineapple remedies to reverse the ageing effects of sun damage
- Many fruits are great for your skin, but pineapple is especially great for anti-ageing skincare. It's the high content of vitamin C and antioxidants in pineapple that gives this fruit its powerful anti-ageing properties.
It improves hydration, promotes skin renewal, dissolves blackheads, removes excess oil, unclogs pores and reverses sun damage.
That's right - when it comes to reversing the ... ››› more
- [02 June 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn