- Six sugar alternatives that pack a seriously sweet punch!
- They say, “Know your enemy,” right? Then getting to know oft demonised sugar - as well as its myriad alternatives - probably isn't such a bad idea.
So first, sugar: Yes, it's as bad as you've heard. Studies have linked it to obesity, cognitive decline, cancer and heart disease.
The problem with many foods on the market today is that “hidden” sugars lurk in them. Yup, I'm talking pas... ››› more
- [13 October 2015]
- Here's what happens if you don't do such a good job of controlling diabetes…
- When you're first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, you go through a range of emotions. You feel angry, sad, depressed and eventually you come to realise that living with type 2 diabetes isn't necessarily a death sentence.
And, as time goes by, you may even start slacking on your management of diabetes. But there's a real risk of damaging your organs beyond repair if you do this!
Here are the... ››› more
- [21 February 2015]
- You might be healthy, but if you do this one thing every day, you'll still develop type 2 diabetes…
- Experts at the Harvard Health School of Public Health say an astonishing nine out of ten diabetes type 2 cases are preventable!
And it's not just eating healthy and getting enough exercise that lowers your risk.
It's what you do with your time that has a greater impact on whether you'll develop the debilitating disease or not.
In fact, even if you eat healthy and exercise but you still... ››› more
- [04 December 2014]
- Enjoying a lie in? It might be the reason you get diabetes
- If your life is hectic and you always feel like you're trying to catch up on sleep, don't be too quick to actually do it.
Sleeping in makes your body processes malfunction and this can cause your blood sugar levels to spike.
Which isn't supposed to happen when you sleep!
In fact, your blood sugar levels should be at their lowest because your body uses all the excess as you sleep.
B... ››› more
- [21 November 2014]
- Here's the best news about eating a “forbidden” food you'll hear all day
- It seems like all the foods on the “banned list” are making a comeback!
First it was butter and full cream milk, now it's the starchy pasta you love so much!
That's right - you don't have to refuse a bowl of spaghetti bolognaise in favour of a bowl of vegetables any more! Researchers have discovered a novel way to ensure it doesn't cause your blood sugar to spike and your insulin level... ››› more
- [23 October 2014]
- Diabetic with elevated blood pressure? Try cinnamon, says the Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- A study in 2006, posted in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, found that cinnamon is particularly helpful in treating diabetics suffering from elevated blood pressure.
And while the link wasn't clear in this early study, further studies showed that cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar levels. This is particularly important if you have diabetes!
When you eat food-containing s... ››› more
- [10 June 2014]
- Latest research confirms: Women with diabetes have double the risk of heart attacks than men!
- If you suffer from type 2 diabetes, you need to pay close attention to your heart health. But being a woman means you have to pay even more attention to this aspect of your health!
Researchers at the Queensland University in Australia recently confirmed women are more susceptible to heart problems related to their type 2 diabetes than men of the same age. Shockingly, as a woman, you're around ... ››› more
- [30 May 2014]
- The secret to lowering your blood sugar is in the leaves of this Indian vine
- The National Institutes of Health say there's a need to rethink traditional chemical medications. They could be too costly in the future to treat the ever-growing number of people with type 2 diabetes. So it's important to consider more cost effective means of supporting this disease epidemic.
This means it's up to Mother Nature now! She needs to provide us with alternatives. Researchers are ... ››› more
- [21 May 2014]
- Three ways to stay healthy this winter despite having type 2 diabetes
- As a diabetic, your immune system needs a little added help to stay on top of things. And you're probably dreading winter and the season of colds and flu that come along with it!
But there are ways to give your immune system a boost and prevent the effects of a common cold from leaving you feeling completely down and out this winter.
Use these three steps to keep your health in top shape.... ››› more
- [20 May 2014]
- Living with type 2 diabetes? These four tests will change your life
- Uncontrolled type 2 diabetes is like a ticking time bomb inside your body. It's a disease that affects every organ in your system and it's just a matter of time before the clock reaches 00:00. And this could be fatal.
Do you see how important it is to properly manage your health when you're a diabetic? And it's easier than you thought possible to do so!
All you need to do is keep a log o... ››› more
- [20 May 2014]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn