- Know what stress does to your heart? Take a look...
- You've heard the saying, 'Stress kills,' right? But when you're in the thick of things, it's hard to separate stressing from living.
That's because stress is a normal part of life in today's 'rat race'...
Stress can be brought on from physical causes, like lack of sleep or an illness. Emotional stress - or worrying - is another source. And then there's the everyday pressures, like being caug... ››› more
- [10 July 2018]
- Beware: Stress can mess with your memory!
- Everyone has had an experience like this when they've been really stressed...
You're running late for a very important meeting, frantically turning your house upside down in a desperate search for your car keys that you just put down somewhere but now cannot find.
Or on the other hand, you spent weeks stressing yourself out over a presentation only to have it go super-smoothly on the day. Yo... ››› more
- [02 October 2017]
- Are you always riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? Drink this every morning to address the root cause - adrenal fatigue
- Have you ever finished work and arrived home to a clean house with no more tasks to do for the day and still felt riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? You know, the feeling that even though there's nothing to be stressed about, you feel like you're barely coping - or not coping at all...
It's a scary feeling. And if you ignore it, other problems may arise - your hair may fall out, your br... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- Five incredible medical uses for CBD - from diabetes to multiple sclerosis
- Cannabidol, or CBD, is a compound found in marijuana. It helps treat depression, fights feelings of panic and paranoia and much more...
But the benefits of CBD don't stop there - read on for five remarkable medical uses for this compound that you probably didn't know about.
Five medical conditions that CBD combats
In one study, researchers found that using CBD prevented ... ››› more
- [12 April 2017]
- Relieve some stress, get back in balance and restore your adrenals by practising this form of meditation
- You have trouble getting up in the mornings, you always feel tired for no reason, you're constantly run down, you're always falling sick and you crave salty foods often. If these symptoms are the story of your life, there's a good chance that you suffer from adrenal fatigue.
The biggest contributor to a fatigued adrenal system is stress. You guessed that, didn't you?
Thankfully, as soon as y... ››› more
- [31 March 2017]
- Small study reveals how long it takes for a Westernised diet to alter your metabolism
- As it turns out, the Westernised diet - topped with butter, featuring junk food like fatty microwavable meals, instant noodles, pizza, doughnuts and biscuits - doesn't take long to do some really bad things to your metabolism.
Just how long, you ask? According to a small study recently published in the journal Obesity, following a junk food diet for just five days can wreak havoc on your metabo... ››› more
- [23 March 2017]
- The toxic effects of permanent stress on your nervous system (plus how to stop it)
- Feeling stressed from time to time is completely normal. No one lives a completely stress-free life! Your body is designed to cope with these bursts of stress.
Stress is your body's natural response to demands placed upon it. It fuels your body with the necessary resources to get it out of danger and into safety.
On the other hand, feeling stressed all the time can be very detrimental to yo... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- The key to combatting adrenal fatigue is addressing stress - here's how to do it
- Stress is the biggest contributor to adrenal stress. So needless to say, most important step you can take to restore and heal your adrenal function is to heed your mind and stress needs.
It can be a difficult task to tune into your body and pay attention to its needs, so I'm providing you with some effective tips on how to relax your body and give your adrenals a chance to recover. In no time, ... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- Practise these three yoga poses regularly to keep stress and anxiety at bay
- There's nothing worse than having a go-go-go kind of day, is there? In the moment it feels impossible to focus and relax and all you feel is the stress rising inside of you!
But here's the good news - yoga can really help prevent you from getting keyed-up even on the most chaotic days. Yoga helps relieve stress and anxiety by keeping you focused on your breath instead of all the worries racing ... ››› more
- [15 March 2017]
- Three superfoods that will keep inflammation down and help you increase energy, shed excess fluid and feel slim and sexy
- Inflammation is your body's natural, healthy response to invasion by an infectious agent, antigen or even just chemical, traumatic or physical damage that occurs immediately following tissue damage. Think about the effects of chemicals and radiation on your body or how your ankle swells up after a sprain.
However, inflammation can sometimes be a chronic issue…
Factors such as stress, too... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn