- The hidden reason you wake up at 3am every morning and can't get back to sleep...
- If you wake up every morning at 2am or 3am and just can't get back to sleep, you'll know just how disruptive this new sleep cycle can really be.
You're tired during the day, you're grumpy and you snack more to get your energy levels back up.
The reason your sleep cycle is thrown out could be low blood sugar.
Keep reading to find out how to tell if you unknowingly suffer from low blood su... ››› more
- [07 September 2018]
- The reason you feel tired in the mornings...
- “Most people who snore don't have obstructive sleep apnea, but most people who have apnea snore,” says Dr Robert Owens, of the Sleep Disorders Research Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a condition where the upper passages of your airway closes off, interrupting your breathing and depriving you of oxygen until you wake up and start breathing agai... ››› more
- [08 August 2018]
- 4 Things you MUST do if you struggle to fall asleep...
- Do you have difficulty shutting off your mind at night in bed? And, do your racing thoughts prevent you from falling asleep?
Then I'm sure you're all too aware of what follows when that happens. You can't sleep and then you start stressing because you can't sleep, which keeps you from falling asleep... It's all a vicious circle.
But there is good news... Keep reading for four things you MUST... ››› more
- [09 July 2018]
- The positive impacts of sleep on brain function and weight
- According to sleep experts, it's critical that we get seven to nine hours of shut-eye each night, but as many as one-third of us get less than six hours regularly. Does this include you?
If you know that you should be getting a little - or maybe a lot - more sleep, read on to learn how catching more z's positively impacts your brain function and weight.
Good sleep enhances, cognitive, memory... ››› more
- [13 March 2018]
- Lack of shuteye is negatively affecting many aspects of your health!
- A flurry of studies have shown how a chronic lack of sleep can wreak havoc on many aspects of your health, yet most of us still aren't getting enough shuteye every night.
In fact, over the past year, one of the biggest health problems the world has faced is a lack of sleep. If one of your goals this year is to become a healthier, happier you, your sleep schedule is a great place to start!
We... ››› more
- [28 February 2018]
- Expert tips to bounce back after a night of tossing and turning
- Work stress. Financial worries. Relationship troubles. These are just a few things that can lead to a bad night's sleep - or, even worse, a sleepless night - at least once in a while.
Sleep deprivation doesn't only leave you feeling sleepy and low on energy, but also raises your risk for health problems including heart disease, diabetes and depression.
Fortunately, we have a few top tips up ... ››› more
- [27 February 2018]
- Skimping on sleep makes you susceptible to colds and infections
- Your mother always told you that getting enough sleep every night is key to staying healthy. You may not have taken it seriously, but as it turns out, she was right!
In a letter recently published in JAMA Internal Medicine, scientists confirm that a good night's sleep may keep colds and other infections at bay. They found that those who slept five or fewer hours a night on average were 28% more... ››› more
- [31 January 2018]
- Could cannabis be the answer to treating sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. According to a new study conducted at Northwestern Medicine and the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in the United States, cannabis may be the answer to treating this sleep disorder.
No, they're not recommending that you smoke cannabis. Instead, they're referring to taking a cannabis-like ... ››› more
- [04 December 2017]
- Interrupted sleep or short sleep - which is worse?
- Are you an unhealthy sleeper? Well, you're not alone. More of us than you think are insomniacs, wake up constantly throughout the night and are simply too captivated by our smartphones and tablets to put them down to go to bed.
The question is, what's the worst kind of sleep for your health - is it the kind where you stick to the same bedtime every night but wake up every few hours, or the kind... ››› more
- [01 December 2017]
- Sleep medicine specialist uncovers the simple secret to improving sleep
- Imagine there was one simple secret to getting the sleep that you so desperately need. According to neurologist and sleep medicine specialist W Chris Winter, MD, there is - it's getting your alarm clock for the same time every day.
In his new book, Dr Winter explains that sticking to the same wake-up time - no matter how late you've gone to bed the night before - will eventually train your brai... ››› more
- [22 November 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn