- 4 Things you MUST do if you struggle to fall asleep...
- Do you have difficulty shutting off your mind at night in bed? And, do your racing thoughts prevent you from falling asleep?
Then I'm sure you're all too aware of what follows when that happens. You can't sleep and then you start stressing because you can't sleep, which keeps you from falling asleep... It's all a vicious circle.
But there is good news... Keep reading for four things you MUST... ››› more
- [09 July 2018]
- The positive impacts of sleep on brain function and weight
- According to sleep experts, it's critical that we get seven to nine hours of shut-eye each night, but as many as one-third of us get less than six hours regularly. Does this include you?
If you know that you should be getting a little - or maybe a lot - more sleep, read on to learn how catching more z's positively impacts your brain function and weight.
Good sleep enhances, cognitive, memory... ››› more
- [13 March 2018]
- Lack of shuteye is negatively affecting many aspects of your health!
- A flurry of studies have shown how a chronic lack of sleep can wreak havoc on many aspects of your health, yet most of us still aren't getting enough shuteye every night.
In fact, over the past year, one of the biggest health problems the world has faced is a lack of sleep. If one of your goals this year is to become a healthier, happier you, your sleep schedule is a great place to start!
We... ››› more
- [28 February 2018]
- Expert tips to bounce back after a night of tossing and turning
- Work stress. Financial worries. Relationship troubles. These are just a few things that can lead to a bad night's sleep - or, even worse, a sleepless night - at least once in a while.
Sleep deprivation doesn't only leave you feeling sleepy and low on energy, but also raises your risk for health problems including heart disease, diabetes and depression.
Fortunately, we have a few top tips up ... ››› more
- [27 February 2018]
- Skimping on sleep makes you susceptible to colds and infections
- Your mother always told you that getting enough sleep every night is key to staying healthy. You may not have taken it seriously, but as it turns out, she was right!
In a letter recently published in JAMA Internal Medicine, scientists confirm that a good night's sleep may keep colds and other infections at bay. They found that those who slept five or fewer hours a night on average were 28% more... ››› more
- [31 January 2018]
- Could cannabis be the answer to treating sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. According to a new study conducted at Northwestern Medicine and the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in the United States, cannabis may be the answer to treating this sleep disorder.
No, they're not recommending that you smoke cannabis. Instead, they're referring to taking a cannabis-like ... ››› more
- [04 December 2017]
- Interrupted sleep or short sleep - which is worse?
- Are you an unhealthy sleeper? Well, you're not alone. More of us than you think are insomniacs, wake up constantly throughout the night and are simply too captivated by our smartphones and tablets to put them down to go to bed.
The question is, what's the worst kind of sleep for your health - is it the kind where you stick to the same bedtime every night but wake up every few hours, or the kind... ››› more
- [01 December 2017]
- Sleep medicine specialist uncovers the simple secret to improving sleep
- Imagine there was one simple secret to getting the sleep that you so desperately need. According to neurologist and sleep medicine specialist W Chris Winter, MD, there is - it's getting your alarm clock for the same time every day.
In his new book, Dr Winter explains that sticking to the same wake-up time - no matter how late you've gone to bed the night before - will eventually train your brai... ››› more
- [22 November 2017]
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Here's what you need to know
- Sleep problems can affect anyone - men and women, from children and teenagers to the elderly. According to statistics, more than half of Americans have trouble sleeping a few nights a week, and nearly one in five feels fatigued almost every day!
What we're trying to say is that if you struggle with regular or occasional bouts of tossing and turning every night, you're not alone. The question is... ››› more
- [21 November 2017]
- Breakthrough: Study links sleep disturbance during menopause to lower levels of sexual satisfaction
- If you're a woman with menopause, you're all too familiar with sleep disturbance and how it can create an array of adverse health outcomes including depression, hypertension and heart disease.
A new study published in Menopause, the journal of The North American Menopause Society (NAMS), shows that sleep problems are also tied to lower levels of sexual satisfaction.
Could this be the reason... ››› more
- [12 May 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn