- Could cannabis be the answer to treating sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. According to a new study conducted at Northwestern Medicine and the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in the United States, cannabis may be the answer to treating this sleep disorder.
No, they're not recommending that you smoke cannabis. Instead, they're referring to taking a cannabis-like ... ››› more
- [04 December 2017]
- Obstructive sleep apnea: Here's what you need to know
- Sleep problems can affect anyone - men and women, from children and teenagers to the elderly. According to statistics, more than half of Americans have trouble sleeping a few nights a week, and nearly one in five feels fatigued almost every day!
What we're trying to say is that if you struggle with regular or occasional bouts of tossing and turning every night, you're not alone. The question is... ››› more
- [21 November 2017]
- American study reports that slimming down can help overweight people sleep better
- The scale shows you've gained weight, barely any of the clothes in your closet fit you anymore and you can never seem to get a good night's rest. You're overweight... and you know it.
While the extra belly fat is seriously bothering you, not being able to get enough shut-eye every night is concerning you more. Is there anything that you can do to improve your quality of sleep?
A study by res... ››› more
- [18 January 2017]
- Five foods that may help you fight depression
- I spent a good part of my teenage years battling mild depression. It led me into a downward spiral where I felt hopeless, sad, and uninterested most of the time. I felt completely horrible about myself and the world around me. Eventually, I found myself unable to deal with this any longer ... and this is when I set out on a determined journey to clean up my mind, body and soul.
I decided that... ››› more
- [17 March 2016]
- Eight surprising causes of depression
- If you're one of the many South Africans seeking relief from depression or anxiety, you're no doubt aware just how elusive successful treatment can be. In fact, studies find that as many as 40% of people with depression fail to respond to treatment, while just over half report even a partial response to therapy.
These dismal figures raise an important question: Could it be that we're thinking a... ››› more
- [07 March 2016]
- Attention snorers: You're at high risk of developing Alzheimer's and other memory problems!
- Do you suffer from breathing problems during your sleep? Does your wife regularly complain about how much you snore at night?
If so, you might be at an increased risk of cognitive decline - including Alzheimer's.
Because breathing problems during your sleep - such as heavy snoring and sleep apnea - are associated with earlier decline in memory and thinking skills according to the fi... ››› more
- [15 May 2015]
- Tired all the time? Here's how to tell if you suffer from sleep apnea
- Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder in which you stop breathing for at least 10 seconds during each hour you sleep.
It occurs when your throat muscles relax and the soft tissue at the back of the throat collapses and closes, blocking in the airway.
As with snoring, you won't know if you're experiencing sleep apnea. You'll wake up but won't know the difficulty you experienced while trying to bre... ››› more
- [04 March 2015]
- Study finds sleep apnea could make you blind
- As if having sleep apnea wasn't bad enough on its own, now researchers in Taiwan have found people with sleep apnea are at a high risk of developing glaucoma. Read on to discover why…
A study published in the journal American Academy of Ophthalmology reveals a strong link between sleep apnea and an increased risk of blindness.
Sleep apnea is sleep disorder in which your breathing repeate... ››› more
- [20 August 2013]
- Discover how sleepless nights can cause cardiovascular disease
- Many people underestimate the risks associated with not getting enough sleep when in fact our bodies need sleep to function at their best. There is no other activity that delivers so many benefits with so little effort. If you suffer from depression and hypertension, you may have sleep apnea. Pay attention to your body and sleeping patterns and learn to recognise the warning signs. Here’s how…... ››› more
- [15 January 2013]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn