- Seven tips to spring clean your skincare routine
- Oh, spring... A season where we toss out the old to make room for the new. And it doesn't stop at deep-cleaning your apartment or swapping out your winter wear for lighter clothing… Your skincare routine needs a boost, too! Here are my expert tips for transitioning from winter to spring with fresh, beautiful skin.
#1: Toss out all your old and expired products
Spring cleaning is the perfe... ››› more
- [23 November 2017]
- The secret to preventing urinary tract infections and keeping your blood sugar steady lies in drinking this tea
- Silly season is just around the corner, which means little sleep, junk food binges and lots of alcohol. But it also means blood sugar spikes, skin breakouts and putting a lot of extra pressure on your liver - yikes!
Luckily, there's a tea that's excellent for detoxifying your liver to keep your body functioning optimally all year round - say hello to dandelion root tea. The benefits of this f... ››› more
- [14 September 2016]
- Five foods that will help clear up your adult acne
- Adult acne is more popular than you think. If you suffer from it, you may be feeling hopeless after trying countless topical treatments, from harsh washes to holistic oil cleansing with little improvement. Am I right?
Well, here's some good news...
Healing hormonal acne is an inside-out job. Eating a nutrient-dense, balanced diet with an emphasis on healthy fats, protein, and antioxidants is... ››› more
- [31 March 2016]
- The truth about the green beauty industry
- The confusion in the natural beauty world is real...
There's especially a lot of confusion around preservatives in the modern beauty world. Considering their purpose in cosmetics — to quite literally inhibit life as we know it — it's reasonable that they're often singled out on ingredients labels.
Despite the natural concern we feel, however, they're absolutely essential in nearly all p... ››› more
- [15 March 2016]
- Five surprising body parts that need sun protection
- You've heard it all before: Apply sunscreen liberally every day before sun exposure and re-apply often.
This is a tried and true maneuver to minimize the risk of skin cancer, specifically the most deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma. However, even applying all the sunscreen in the world to your skin won't 100% prevent you from getting melanoma.
You see, there are certain places on the body... ››› more
- [02 March 2016]
- Ten essential rules for younger-looking skin
- When it comes to achieving your healthiest, most radiant complexion, it can be tricky to know which steps to take. I get it - there's so much information out there on skincare, and a lot of it's conflicting.
Over the last four, as I've studied the skin and the best ways to keep it gorgeous, I've discovered what I believe are ten essential skin care rules that everyone should know.
Live by t... ››› more
- [29 February 2016]
- This is what you must know about the chemicals in your sunscreen
- You probably don't need to be told (again) how important wearing sunscreen is for reducing your risk of skin cancer, not to mention sunburns and signs of premature ageing (think wrinkles).
But go ahead and Google “best sunscreens” or even “sunscreen,” and plenty of articles pop up suggesting that the ingredients in many of these products could be harmful or even toxic, leaving you to w... ››› more
- [09 October 2015]
- Eight pretty scary things that dirty make-up brushes can do to your skin
- You hopefully wash your face every day. But if you're religiously cleansing and moisturising only to follow up with a sticky, dusty powder brush, you're painting a week's worth of dirt and grime right back on your face. Don't sabotage yourself! Wash those germ sticks regularly to avoid problems like persistent irritation and sparse eyelashes.
How often is regularly, you ask? It depends on where... ››› more
- [15 September 2015]
- This is the right way to wash your face after a workout
- So, you made it out of your advanced spin class alive (this time). As you trudge your newly sore thighs to wash your face in the bathroom, all you can think about is a refreshing cold shower before slapping on some make-up and heading to work.
But while a quick rinse to your face feels super cleansing to your ski, your pores aren't getting really clean without a little more time and effort…
... ››› more
- [25 August 2015]
- Did you know that drinking almond milk promotes radiant, young-looking skin?
- Over the years, almond milk has been gaining major popularity not only due to its distinct nutty, refreshing flavour, but also due to its many touted benefits.
Derived from almonds, a nutrient-dense drink, almond milk is an excellent source of manganese, magnesium, vitamin B2 and E, tryptophan, phosphorus and copper. The abundance of these essential nutrients and trace minerals in the milk make... ››› more
- [21 August 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn