- Study links skin cancer to one of the most common medications
- New research from The University of Southern Denmark and the Danish Cancer Society has fond a clear connection between skin cancer and antihypertensive medicine containing hydrochlorothiazide.
In a previous study, the researchers demonstrated that the medicine, which is one of the most commonly used drugs for hypertension worldwide, can increase the risk of lip cancer. For the full findings of... ››› more
- [06 December 2017]
- Cut your skin cancer risk by 50% by eating tomatoes daily!
- Men may be able to cut theirskin cancer risk in half by eating tomatoes every day. This is according to a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports conducted by researchers from The Ohio State University in the United States.
So what's the theory behind the relationship between tomato consumption and a lower risk of skin cancer in men? Read on for the full findings...
New study l... ››› more
- [24 July 2017]
- How women can facilitate early skin cancer detection in men over 50
- According to statistics, men over 50 have a higher risk than the general population of developing melanoma - the deadliest form of skin cancer. It therefore goes without saying that men who fall into this age group should keep a sharp eye out for signs of skin cancer.
On the other hand, many women in this age group say that they're more likely than their male partners to notice suspicious spots... ››› more
- [11 July 2017]
- Viagra may be clear for melanoma but it has a long list of unpleasant side effects
- Last year, the US Food and Drug Administration placed Viagra, otherwise known as the little blue pill, and other erectile dysfunction drugs collectively known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors on its watch list of medications with safety issues.
This action followed a 2014 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) that found a relationship between Via... ››› more
- [24 May 2017]
- Cancer is the most baffling illness of the 21st century! These three essential oils are particularly effective in preventing skin cancer
- For centuries, various cultures around the world have been using essential oils for religious ceremonies, traditional healing and personal aromatic therapies.
Records from ancient civilisations in India, China, Egypt and Greece all may homage to these plant-derived oils and their remarkable health and wellness benefits.
When it comes to chronic diseases like cancer, most of us frown upon the... ››› more
- [06 April 2017]
- Breakthrough! Research confirms that carotenoids are better than melanin for glowing skin
- Are you longing for gorgeous, glowing skin? Then listen up!
While going for tanning bed sessions is a quick, easy way to get your glow on, it's no secret that they're bad news. Not only does the ultraviolet radiation from the lamps in tanning beds trigger signs of premature ageing like wrinkles, sagginess and spots, it can even cause skin cancer!
Still not convinced? Read on to find out what... ››› more
- [29 March 2017]
- This first-of-its-kind electronic measures your sun exposure to protect your skin from the sun's penetrating rays
- By now you know about all the skin health problems that are associated with sun exposure - skin ageing, wrinkling, sunburns and skin cancer to name a few. leading pharmacies.
To help protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays, French cosmetics giant L'Oreal is launching a first-of-its-kind electronic to help you measure how much sun exposure you're actually getting. Keep reading for the fu... ››› more
- [16 March 2017]
- Four things every man should know about melanoma - the deadliest form of skin cancer that's most common in men
- It's normal for a man to worry more about prostate cancer than skin cancer. But men should be worried about skin cancer too, for it's incredibly common. Plus, the rates of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, are rising rapidly for reasons that scientists can't seem to figure out!
According to science, men are more likely than women to develop melanoma. They're also way more likely to d... ››› more
- [22 December 2016]
- What you must know about the chemicals in your sunscreen
- You probably don't need to be told (again) how important wearing sunscreen is for reducing your risk of skin cancer, not to mention sunburns and signs of premature ageing (think wrinkles).
But go ahead and Google “best sunscreens” or even “sunscreen,” and plenty of articles pop up suggesting that the ingredients in many of these products could be harmful or even toxic, leaving you to w... ››› more
- [27 July 2015]
- Has skin cancer finally started scaring sunbed users?
- According to a new report, it looks like sunbeds are finally becoming less popular. Considering the number of skin cancer cases caused by tanning beds, I'd say this is long overdue!
The report, published in the journal JAMA Dermatology, states that the number of sunbed users in the US declined to 4.2% from 5.5%.
Is skin cancer the reason behind this?
Read on to find out…
Researchers ... ››› more
- [10 July 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn