- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Boosting your calcium intake won't strengthen your bones and prevent fractures, experts say
- The health and strength of your bones relies on a balanced diet and steady stream of nutrients - and you'll be interested to know that calcium isn't the most important of them all to strengthen your bones and prevent fractures.
In fact, at the recent annual Pediatric Academic Societies meeting held in Washington, in the USA, a study was presented that surprised everyone. It uncovered that to en... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Want to reverse your osteoporosis? Drink THIS every day…
- By now you know that calcium plays a major role in your bone health by promoting strong, healthy bones. But did you know that this essential mineral also helps prevent and heal bone problems such as osteoporosis?
One quick and easy way to get a healthy dose of calcium every day is by drinking down a green smoothie. Brimming with calcium and an array of other vitamins and minerals, green smooth... ››› more
- [13 April 2017]
- Five calcium-rich breakfast ideas that help build strong, healthy bones
- The single most important way to keep your bones healthy and strong? By eating calcium-rich foods, of course. Fortunately, grocery shelves are chockfull of calcium-rich goodies, so you have no excuse to be eating less calcium than you should!
Personally, I find that incorporating a healthy dose of this bone-healthy mineral is made easiest in the morning. Here are five delicious, calcium-rich br... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- New Harvard study shows that a combination of certain dairy foods and vitamin D supplements may protect against osteoporosis
- Osteoporosis, or age-related bone loss, occurs when your bone strength decreases and your risk of a broken bone increases. According to research, it's the most common reason for a broken bone in elderly people.
Thin, petite women as well as small-boned men are at greater chance of developing osteoporosis, compared to those with larger frames and more body weight. If you've got a small frame - o... ››› more
- [20 March 2017]
- “We're facing a muscle-wasting epidemic”
- It's time to pay attention to a disease no-one
is talking about…
Are your children getting taller - or are you just getting shorter?
Your muscles whither and waste as you age, and it puts you at risk of arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and many more horrific disease...
There's an easy and natural way to protect your muscles as you grow older
... ››› more
- [12 May 2016]
- If you thought osteoporosis was only a women's disease, you're wrong…
- Here's one reason you'll get osteoporosis as a man
Infertility or poor sperm health increases your osteoporosis risk ten fold
Have your bone health tested along with your sperm health Dear Health Bytes reader,
It’s true, osteoporosis affects far more women than men.
But there’s a condition becoming all too common in men that could leave you at a huge risk of brittle and broken bo... ››› more
- [08 April 2016]
- The truth about the alkaline diet
- As you may already know, according to the theory behind an alkaline-based diet, consuming too much acidic food will cause an increase in the acidity (and decrease in pH) of your body.
In turn, this increases your chances of developing diseases like osteoporosis and cancer. Yikes!
But before you start stressing out about your next meal, allow me to shed some light on why this theory may not... ››› more
- [01 March 2016]
- The essential nutrient for strong bones (Hint: It isn't calcium)
- Let's face it, when you think about bone health, your mind might travel back to the “Got Milk?” campaigns that successfully cemented the concept that drinking milk daily would help you grow big and strong. Am I right? I thought so.
Today, calcium is still equated with strong bones, but you would be hard-pressed to find an article that doesn't instruct us to also pair our calcium with vitami... ››› more
- [22 February 2016]
- Five ways to build strong bones without drinking milk
- Contrary to popular belief, you can get all of the calcium your body needs without ever touching a glass of cow's milk. I'm not a huge fan of milk because, among its many problems, studies show that dairy can stall fat loss and exacerbate skin conditions like acne (yikes!).
When it comes to strong bones, studies show that countries with the highest milk consumption have the highest levels of os... ››› more
- [18 February 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn