- How to stop migraines in their tracks!
- If you're one of the millions of people who suffer from migraines, you'll know how debilitating they are. Your whole world gets turned inside out... All you can sense is that throbbing in your head that flares up with the sight of bright light and smells, the dizziness and the sickening nausea.
Read on below to find out how to stop these life-disrupting headaches in their tracks... How to stop ... ››› more
- [02 July 2018]
- The secrets to preventing migraine attacks without drugs
- From time to time, most of us suffer from a splitting headache that interferes with doing our work or enjoying our day. In most cases, over-the-counter medications are a quick-fix for these headaches. But, sometimes, they can go beyond being merely a painful nuisance…
If you sometimes - or often - get chronic migraines that traditional drug treatments fail to treat, read on to learn about a f... ››› more
- [12 April 2018]
- Three everyday things that can trigger a migraine headache
- Do you often get migraine headaches? Then you'll be interested to know that factors that can set off an attack vary from person to person...
While certain foods and strong perfumes may trigger a migraine in one person, flickering lights and weather changes may trigger one in another. This can make migraine triggers very frustrating to hunt down.
However, there's general agreement about the m... ››› more
- [11 December 2017]
- Hormone therapy can treat migraines in elderly women
- While migraines are common, especially among women, treating them in the elderly is often a challenged due to various health risks such as cardiovascular disease events.
Finally, researchers have found a safe and effective solution for relieving migraines in elderly women: Hormone therapy, a medical treatment used to reduce symptoms of menopause.
Study finds that hormone therapy is a safe an... ››› more
- [30 November 2017]
- Three serious health issues tied to migraine headaches
- Do you get migraine headaches often? Then you may be more likely to also have one of several other health issues…
Or, you might be at higher risk for developing another condition in the future. Read on for three health issues associated with migraines.
Three health issues associated with migraine headaches
If you have migraines that occur once in a while, you have double t... ››› more
- [13 November 2017]
- New German study finds that women who have regular migraines may be 50% more likely to have a stroke or heart attack
- You may think that your migraines are a result of stress, hormonal changes or eating certain foods and are nothing serious. But a new study has confirmed that if you're a woman, regular migraines may be linked to increased risk of stroke or heart attack.
“Migraine should be considered a marker for increased risk of cardiovascular disease, at least in women,” reported Dr Tobias Kurth, direc... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- These four foods help keep up the fight against inflammation to prevent everything from allergies to heart disease
- By now, you know that inflammation is the root of everything - allergies, chronic pain, obesity, migraines, thyroid problems, diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, heart disease, stroke, cancer, dental problems... the list goes on.
One of the best ways to fight inflammation and prevent these health problems is to eat foods that calm your body. Read on for four top inflammation-fighting foods that ke... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- Botox is more than just a skin-smoother -it's also an effective treatment for migraine and three other neurological disorders
- Botox is a drug made from a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum that's used to block the nerves to contract muscles to ultimately soften the appearance of wrinkles.
However, according to an updated guideline from the American Academy of Neurology, the benefits of Botox go beyond skin-smoothing - it's also an effective treatment for chronic migraine and three other neurological... ››› more
- [01 March 2017]
- Why your digestive system may be to blame for your severe headaches
- Who would've guessed that your digestive system may be behind your severe headaches?
According to a new study published in the journal systems - a journal of the American Society for Microbiology - people who suffer from migraines have more nitrate-reducing microbes, or germs, in their mouths and digestive systems.
Read on to find out more about the link between your microbiome and migraines... ››› more
- [24 February 2017]
- How to get rid of a headache quickly - without popping a single painkiller
- Eek! Headaches are something we've all complained about at one point or another. If you're someone who suffers from headaches on a regular basis, you're probably wondering if there's anything else you can do instead of reaching into your medicine cabinet to ease the pain. The good news is that there is!
In fact, there are lots of natural ways to soothe the pain of a headache. And the best part ... ››› more
- [30 December 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn