- Want to keep your memory sharp? Keep an eye on your waistline!
- Having a higher body mass index (BMI) can negatively impact your memory, especially if you're an older adult, a new study from the University of Arizona in the United States suggests.
The researchers think that inflammation may be to blame, as being overweight contributes to inflammation throughout your body. Keep reading for more....
A number of previous studies have associated weight with ... ››› more
- [06 December 2017]
- Take these three steps every morning to protect your memory
- It happens to all of us: You go to the grocery store and forget the one item you went for. You blank on your new co-worker's name - is it Sue? Sam? And where have you left your car keys?!
Don't worry - it's totally normal for your memory to slip up once in a while, especially when you've got a lot of your plate. In fact, studies show have shown that memory loss can begin as early as in your 20... ››› more
- [28 November 2017]
- Chunking is a super technique to stretch your short-term memory
- Most people can only store between four and different seven items in their short-term memory, but it doesn't have to be this way.
There's a brilliant technique called chunking that involves grouping a number of items into one larger whole to help you remember much more. Keep reading to learn more about it…
Chunking is one way to get past the limit in your short-term memory
So how does chu... ››› more
- [23 November 2017]
- Age-related memory loss versus dementia: What's the difference?
- Forgetfulness is common. Each of one us has misplaced our cell phone, forgotten where we parked
our car and drawn a blank at the grocery store after leaving the shopping list at home. But there's a
point when forgetfulness becomes concerning - especially in older adults.
Your brain changes as you age - that's inevitable. So how do you tell the difference between age-
related memory loss and ... ››› more
- [21 September 2017]
- The essential antioxidants for beating brain fog plus three delicious foods that contain them
- When you're feeling tired and unfocused, you may think your body is craving stimulants like coffee or an energy drink when it's in fact asking for certain antioxidants with neuroprotective properties.
Three of these certain antioxidants are luteolin, apigenin and quercetin. Not only do they energise your body, but also beat brain fog, optimise your blood flow and prevent oxidative stress.
... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- Northumbria University researchers reveal the best essential oil for boosting your memory (Bonus: It banishes cellulite and helps you live longer)
- Rosemary tastes delicious and smells delightful - what's not to love?
Now, new research is showing that rosemary essential oil can boost memory in humans, which supports its most traditional uses with modern science. Some research has found that this essential oil banishes cellulite and helps you live a longer life, too!
Keep reading to learn more about how rosemary essential oil can help im... ››› more
- [22 May 2017]
- Two-decade study finds that insulin resistance may lead to accelerated cognitive decline
- Breakthrough! A new study by researchers at Tel Aviv University in Israel has found a link between insulin resistance - caused in part by physical inactivity and obesity - and accelerated cognitive decline.
According to the study, published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, both diabetic and non-diabetic subjects with insulin resistance experienced a more rapid decline in memory and execut... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- King's College London study finds that unsaturated fatty acids play a crucial role in the onset of Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's disease, a neurodegenerative disease that causes impaired memory, language and executive function, accounts for up to 80% of dementia cases around the world. That means that over 46 million people suffer from this disease!
What's more, experts expect the number of Alzheimer's disease patients to rise to 131.5 million by 2050...
Currently, experts believe that the main cause of m... ››› more
- [12 May 2017]
- Distracted? Forgetful? Mentally fatigued? Check out these four essential oils that beat brain fog!
- It's normal for you to feel “off” - as if your brain just isn't functioning properly - from time to time. But if brain fog is something you experience regularly, it's time you seek out treatment!
Truth is, while brain fog seems to be increasingly common, it's not normal. The root cause is unknown, but experts agree that lifestyle choices like poor diet, lack of exercise, high stress levels ... ››› more
- [10 April 2017]
- Dr Oz explains how hemp strengthens your brain against bad fats and improves how you think and feel
- If you're stressed out, suffer from anxiety attacks, have difficulty thinking or have a bad memory, there's one slightly controversial plant that can really help strengthen your brain and enhance how you think and feel - hemp!
According to Dr Mehmet Oz of the Dr Oz Show, “Hemp seed is the next biggest thing for your memory”. But what's in the seeds from the hemp plant that can feed an ailin... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn