- This heart-healthy diet can also slow down ageing!
- The Mediterranean diet, a diet inspired by the eating habits of Greece, Southern Italy and Spain in the 1940s and 1950s, is renowned for its heart health benefits. According to six new articles, this heart-healthy diet may also slow down ageing.
The articles, published in The Journal Of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, reported on the elements of a Mediterranean ... ››› more
- [11 April 2018]
- Study indicates that following a Mediterranean diet may lower your risk of age-related macular degeneration
- If you know a thing or two about the Mediterranean diet, you probably know that it's associated with lowered risk of health issues like cancer and heart disease.
Now, according to a new study presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) in Chicago, eating a Mediterranean diet may also lower your risk of age-related macular degeneration, a leading cause of blin... ››› more
- [25 November 2016]
- Here's why the Mediterranean diet is the best diet to reduce inflammation in your body
- I recently fell in love with the Mediterranean diet. With so many delicious food options and health benefits, what's not to love?
One of the top benefits of the Mediterranean diet is that it's an anti-inflammatory diet. This makes it great for people suffering from conditions such as depression, diabetes, autoimmune disease, heart disease and Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet consi... ››› more
- [03 October 2016]
- This fresh and healthy Mediterranean salad only takes 20 minutes to toss up!
- Brown paper bag office lunches are so last year…
Not only is this fresh and tasty Mediterranean salad more green (or environmentally-friendly), it's also way better for you! Plus, you can pack the ingredients perfectly into a mason jar - it's full of nutrient-dense vegetables, good-for-you fibre and energy-boosting protein.
Make, eat, wash, repeat!
Fresh and healthy Mediterranean salad ... ››› more
- [21 September 2016]
- How to eat more like a Mediterranean and reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease, cancer, heart failure and more
- If you know a thing or two about the Mediterranean diet, you know that it's one of the healthiest diets out there.
This diet has even been linked to a reduced risk of chronic disease including Alzheimer's disease, cancer, heart disease and obesity. And that isn't all…
This simple, fresh diet also improves your overall health and gives you a wonderful glow!
Consisting of fruits, vegetabl... ››› more
- [29 June 2016]
- Five science-backed reasons why pasta is actually good for you
- Though some fad diets may have threatened to cast a shadow on pasta of late, research suggests we probably shouldn't throw the pasta out with the bathwater. Meals starring spaghetti and its siblings are credited with providing a dose of fibre, lean plant-based protein, and vitamins and minerals.
(And, uh, doesn't hurt that they are irresistibly delicious!)
Of course, the devil is in the det... ››› more
- [05 May 2016]
- Four fantastic brain-protective diets
- Eating well is good for your mental as well as your physical health. The brain requires nutrients just like your heart, lungs or muscles do. But which foods are particularly important to keep our grey matter happy?
According to research, these diets provide the best brain-boosting benefits thanks to the foods they're made up of.
Four diets that protect your brain
#1: The Mediterranean Di... ››› more
- [09 October 2015]
- If you thought the Mediterranean Diet was only good for a healthy heart or trim waistline, think again!
- - New study shows the Mediterranean Diet lowers your risk of aggressive prostate cancer and death
- The high level of antioxidants in Mediterranean-style food prevent prostate cancer cells mutating
- Eat more olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, fish and fresh fruit and vegetables
The health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet are far greater than protecting your heart and helping you to lose we... ››› more
- [28 July 2015]
- “This diet can cut your heart disease risk in half” reveals findings at this year's American College of Cardiology annual seminar
- If you're worried about your heart or have a history of heart disease in your family, I'm willing to bet you never miss an opportunity to take the stairs.
After all, study after study has shown that exercising is an important step in keeping you heart disease free.
But what if I told you there was an easier way to prevent heart disease?
And it all had to do with what you put on your pla... ››› more
- [05 March 2015]
- Are you looking for a healthy eating plan to share with the whole family?
- Forget eating a different meal to the rest of the family, just because you want to follow a healthy eating plan to improve your health and lose weight.
Gone are the days your family pulls their nose up on “meatless Monday” because you want them to improve their health too.
And say good-bye to wandering around the shops for hours trying to figure out what you “can and can't” eat on ... ››› more
- [24 February 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn