- Tomatoes protect against fatty-liver damage...
- There's another kind of fat you should be concerned about if you love your food. The kind that builds up in the liver.
You can't see it, but non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), can lead to liver scarring and possibly even cancer.
Sugar is the number one, closely followed by refined carbs, like pasta, bread, cakes and the like.
While it's a good idea to ditch the... ››› more
- [22 May 2018]
- Study unlocks the heart health benefits of taking a lycopene supplement
- Lycopene is the compound found in foods like tomatoes that gives them their red colour. Dr Mercola refers to lycopene supplements as “tomato pills”. So what's so special about this antioxidant that health practitioners are all raving about?
A new study published in the journal PLOS ONE tested the heart health benefits of lycopene by measuring forearm blood flow in subjects with heart diseas... ››› more
- [03 August 2016]
- Italy has the answer to chronic illness… But you don't have to move there
- Let's get real for a moment: Everyone wants to forestall the signs of ageing and prevent chronic health problems such as diabetes, dementia, heart disease and cancer - am I right?
The issue, however, is that most people believe that prevention and healing power for such conditions is only delivered in the form of needles and drugs. This is a misconception you're simply better off without. I’... ››› more
- [20 January 2016]
- The incredible health-giving mechanisms of lycopene
- Lycopene is the incredible natural substance (part of the carotenoid group) responsible for the deep red colour in many foods, especially tomatoes.
However, this fact is not what lycopene is most famous for. Most people are familiar with lycopene because of the health benefits it provides, from powerful antioxidants to cancer-fighting agents. Keep reading to learn more.
A few quick facts on ... ››› more
- [19 November 2015]
- Eight foods that feed your skin, hair and nails
- It doesn't matter how many serums you slather on your skin, hair and nails - what goes in your mouth has the strongest influence on what shows up on your face! Here's a list of my favourite skin, hair and nail superfoods.
Eight foods to eat for beauty benefits
The omega-3 fatty acids help strengthen skin and keep it well-hydrated.
Carotenoids prote... ››› more
- [18 November 2015]
- Lycopene may ward off kidney cancer in older women
- If you're 45 year or older or simply postmenopausal, this article is just for you!
Because you have the biggest risk of kidney cancer.
Thankfully, a new study led by Cathryn Bock of Wayne State University School of Medicine has found that lycopene-rich foods can prevent kidney cancer in older women.
Read on to find out how foods like tomatoes, watermelon and papaya can prevent you... ››› more
- [29 April 2015]
- This simple supplement combo reduced hair loss for 90% of the women who tried it!
- A new study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology has let out a little secret for those who suffer from mild female pattern hair loss…
There's a six supplement combo you can take to reduce hair loss and increase hair density at the same time!
It worked for 90% of the women who participated in the study, so if you have this problem why not try it for yourself?
First things fir... ››› more
- [24 April 2015]
- Seven natural health wonders you get from lycopene
- Lycopene is part of the carotenoid group. And it's the natural substance responsible for the deep red colour in many foods, especially tomatoes.
But that's not what lycopene is most famous for.
From a powerful antioxidants to cancer-fighting agent, Mmost people are unfamiliar with the multitude of health benefits lycopene contains.
Want to find out more? Then carry on reading!
An ove... ››› more
- [23 April 2015]
- Five foods that contain all the health boosting properties of lycopene you need
- Lycopene isn't just good for prostate cancer sufferers. It also reduces cholesterol, improves your body's immune function and can prevent your blood from clotting. That's great news if you're worried about your health you're your heart. And it's why you should be adding more of these delicious, lycopene-rich foods to your diet…
Lycopene is easy to spot in foods. It’s the natural compound th... ››› more
- [25 September 2013]
- Tomatoes, basil and watermelon: Three great foods that lower your heart risk
- They're heavenly in salads, on their own or as part of a meal: We're talking about tomatoes, basil and watermelon. And they're essential for your heart health too…
If you thought you’d never ask:
“Can I have a slice of tomato on my chicken sandwich?”
“Do you stock watermelon juice?”
And “Honey, we’re out of basil, please run to the shop and get some…”
... ››› more
- [23 September 2013]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn