- Unusual culprits of high blood pressure: Caffeine, sugar and OTC medications
- High blood pressure, otherwise known as hypertension, isn't uncommon. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention predicts that the condition affects one in three Americans. But here's the thing: Many people who have high blood pressure don't even know it.
While the exact causes of high blood pressure are even puzzling to some doctors, one thing we do know is that several factors pl... ››› more
- [12 April 2018]
- Are you at risk for developing hypertension? Yoga can help, new Indian study finds
- According to a new study presented at the annual meeting of the Cardiological Society of India in Kochi, India, yoga can help lower blood pressure in people who are at risk for developing hypertension.
“Patients with pre-hypertension slightly elevated blood pressure are likely to develop hypertension high blood pressure unless they improve their lifestyle,” said Dr Ashutosh Angrish, a cardi... ››› more
- [08 March 2017]
- Study finds that middle-aged people who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life
- Unhealthy heart, unhealthy brain?
It's something you'd never guess, but a new study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore in the USA have found that heart disease is a risk factor for dementia.
According to the study, middle-aged men and women who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life.
The researchers reported that risk fa... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
- Life isn't meant to be stressful - here's how to lower your cortisol levels instantly and live a happy, stress-free life
- If you're anything like me, stress is something you encounter every day of your life. Oh, you too? Well, don't worry - we aren't the only ones. In fact, stress plays a huge role in the lives of majority of people on this planet.
Somehow, we seem to get through each day even with crazy levels of chronic stress bearing down on our shoulders. But, at times, going from day to day with such high str... ››› more
- [17 January 2017]
- New study finds that the DASH eating plan may help relieve gout, a type of inflammatory arthritis
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, you've likely heard of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (or DASH) eating plan before. This diet was developed to help people with high blood pressure get their readings back to normal and slash their risk of heart problems.
But according to a new study published in the journal Arthritis and Rheumatology, the DASH eating plan may offer benefits ... ››› more
- [22 November 2016]
- If you're addicted to drinking fizzy drinks, you're damaging your kidney and heart, and shortening your lifespan!
- If you thought you have to guzzle down five cans of fizzy drinks a day to do damage to your health, think again! According to a surprising study that was presented at Kidney Week 2013, it only takes two cans a day to do a number on your kidney function…
The researchers behind the study also found that fizzy drinks can boost your risk of cardiovascular disease and even mortality. Needless to s... ››› more
- [23 September 2016]
- Watch out! “Natural” supplements pose potentially serious health risks!
- Sure, caffeine powder, red yeast rice and green tea powder extract may seem harmless. But just because these supplements are natural doesn't mean they can't be potentially dangerous…
In fact, a new report has uncovered that these as 12 other all-natural ingredients that are found in common supplements can potentially wreak havoc on your health!
Elevated blood pressure, liver damage and de... ››› more
- [01 September 2016]
- Is it just a headache? Or something a lot more serious like infection, high blood pressure or stroke?
- So you've been suffering from constant headaches for weeks now and have decided that something may be wrong. And to tell you the truth, probably something is wrong…
Constant headaches can sometimes be much more serious than just, well, headaches. In fact, they're often early warning signs of complicated and serious health issues like infection, high blood pressure or stroke.
And it isn't j... ››› more
- [26 July 2016]
- Lower your blood pressure without side effects with green coffee extract
- In general, we've never considered coffee products to be healthy. However, this view isn't really fair for a number of reasons…
Firstly, while coffee itself packs a high dose of caffeine, it's actually also a great source of antioxidants. Secondly, and somewhat more significantly, there's actually a coffee product on the market that's gaining loads of attention right now for its remarkable he... ››› more
- [03 June 2016]
- Are you a victim of diabetes, menopause, or high blood pressure?
- *Slash your high blood sugar as much as 54%
*Is this slowly beating your body from the inside out?
*This proven menopause alternative puts Hormone Replacement Therapy to shame Dear Health Bytes Reader,
Fight diabetes and regulate your blood sugar by eating eggs, pizza and brownies.
Discover how you could slash your high blood sugar as much as 54%
Mrs S.R. was a retired widow who... ››› more
- [01 April 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn