- Antacids for heartburn can lead to serious illness...
- Heartburn is everything but pleasant. The stabbing pain in the chest and fiery sensation in the throat is enough to put a downer on any day.
Unfortunately, antacids and heartburn medication have proven less helpful than initially anticipated. The list of side-effects of taking these meds is scary:
* Stomach infections - of the serious kind - Clostridium difficile (C. Diff) and Campylobacter... ››› more
- [26 June 2018]
- Constipated? Weak muscles? Your antacids may be to blame!
- If you suffer from regular heartburn, you probably rely on antacids to relieve the pangs in your stomach and bitter taste in your mouth that come after eating a big meal or spicy plate of food. Popping antacids as you need them may seem harmless, but it's actually not…
While there's nothing wrong with taking antacids when you have really bad heartburn every now and again, this medication isn'... ››› more
- [12 February 2018]
- Three things you had no idea were triggering - or worsening - your heartburn
- Almost everyone will experience heartburn, characterised by a burning sensation in your chest and a slightly bitter taste in your mouth, at some point in life, according to the National Institutes of Health.
So why is it that most people are completely clueless about the condition? Sure, you may know that fatty foods can trigger heartburn, or that spicy foods worsen that burning feeling - but d... ››› more
- [14 December 2017]
- Heartburn impacts millions of people! Here's what to do when you have heartburn to prevent oesophagus damage and chronic inflammation
- Heartburn is a burning sensation that occurs in your throat, chest or upper abdomen, usually after eating a large meal as an over full stomach changes the pressure on your lower oesophageal sphincter.
Other common causes of heartburn include smoking, stress, pregnancy, fried food and certain medications.
Heartburn impacts the lives of millions of people around the world. But just because i... ››› more
- [05 April 2017]
- Warning: Leaving your heartburn untreated can increase your risk of oesophageal cancer!
- Over the past couple of years, there's been a huge rise in rates of oesophageal cancer, which is cancer that rises from the oesophagus - the muscular food pipe that runs between the throat and stomach.
According to researchers, this surge may be largely due to a lack of awareness about the causes of oesophageal cancer and how to prevent it. However, they've have identified treating heartburn a... ››› more
- [07 February 2017]
- Two remedies that help ease digestive distress - no matter how much inflammatory food you overindulge in
- There's no getting away from it - over the holiday season, food is aplenty. This can quickly let your healthy eating habits run wild and take a toll on your immune system and digestive health.
Of course everyone wants to indulge in some of their favourite, not-so-healthy foods over the festive season, so it would be unreasonable to recommend avoiding them completely. Instead, you should find a ... ››› more
- [26 December 2016]
- Is low stomach acid causing you heartburn, indigestion or reflux? This single supplement will help you find out
- Can you believe that in the year 2008, $25.6 billion was spent worldwide to treat the uncomfortable symptoms of heartburn, indigestion and reflux? It makes sense when you think about how many people pop over-the-counter proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec and Nexium like they're candy...
The trouble is that these medications may be adding fuel to the fire. Plus, they often have very ... ››› more
- [09 December 2016]
- The five most common symptoms of a heart attack
- Heartburn and sharp chest pains can be worrisome and make you think that there's something wrong with your ticker. But guess what? These aren't the only signs of heart attack…
In fact, a fairly recent study published in the journal Circulation found that only 30% of women who'd suffered heart attacks experienced chest pain. And the symptoms in women are far subtler than in men.
On that not... ››› more
- [21 October 2016]
- The secret to preventing urinary tract infections and keeping your blood sugar steady lies in drinking this tea
- Silly season is just around the corner, which means little sleep, junk food binges and lots of alcohol. But it also means blood sugar spikes, skin breakouts and putting a lot of extra pressure on your liver - yikes!
Luckily, there's a tea that's excellent for detoxifying your liver to keep your body functioning optimally all year round - say hello to dandelion root tea. The benefits of this f... ››› more
- [14 September 2016]
- Stop that sharp, burning pain that shoots up through your chest - here's how lemon juice can help with heartburn
- Heartburn and acid reflux are a very common problem. In fact, around 60% of adults in the United States alone suffer from it!
If you too suffer from that constant burning in your throat and nasty taste in your mouth, you're probably wondering if there's anything you can do about it other than pop pills all the time. The good news is that there is!
Lemon juice offers quick, natural, non-toxic... ››› more
- [16 August 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn