- Fish and olive oil can help you lose weight the healthy way!
- The Mediterranean diet is touted the best diet for a healthy heart due to its abundance of heart-healthy fats. According to a recent study published in the journal Circulation, this diet promotes healthy weight loss, too.
That's right - enjoying foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and seafood, breads, extra-virgin olive oil, herbs and spices, and nuts and seeds can help you lose weight... ››› more
- [01 March 2018]
- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- You need to stop believing these four lies about burning fat faster right now!
- Who doesn't want to be fitter and leaner? I know I do. But I'm frankly sick and tired of falling prey to false promises. You know, the ones that go, “Eat what you like and still lose weight!” or, “Lose a minimum of 5 kg in just one month!”
While both of these goals are completely attainable, it's not as easy as it sounds. It takes time - and a lot of hard work - to reach them! Luckily,... ››› more
- [15 March 2017]
- These simple food swaps will reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease plus help you lose weight the healthy way
- Did you know that by eating a diet rich in nutrient-dense foods, you can slash your risk of chronic disease like cancer and heart disease while enjoying additional benefits like healthy weight loss and increased energy levels?
Colleen Doyle, the director of nutrition and physical activity for the American Cancer Society, explains: “Though there's no one food that will reduce your risk of this... ››› more
- [25 October 2016]
- Are you making one of these three metabolism mistakes?
- Loads of people out there struggle to lose weight. They try all kinds of diets and fitness trends, but none of it seems to work. Can you relate?
Well, the truth is that there's a lot of misinformation out there, and it's hard to discern the nonsense from fact...
On that note, I'm going to show you three reasons your metabolism could actually be working against you and what to do instead so y... ››› more
- [24 March 2016]
- Five gluten-free baking tips you'll love
- Whether you have celiac disease, or are off gluten for other health reasons (like a sensitivity or an autoimmune disease), you've likely figured out that baking with gluten-free flours can be rather challenging.
From figuring out what flours to use, to wondering about gums, leavening and starches, gluten-free baking sure requires some know-how!
Today I'm sharing some helpful tips for glute... ››› more
- [22 October 2015]
- There are many reasons to love these avocado baked eggs… But here are four
- If you love both avocado and baked eggs, you're in for a treat! Before I tell you how you can make your own avocado baked eggs, I first want to tell you why you should choose to start your day with this scrumptious egg breakfast (or brunch) idea.
The remarkable health benefits of eggs
I’m sure you know a thing or two about the health benefits of eggs. In case you don’t, though, some of ... ››› more
- [30 September 2015]
- Three things to do today so you wake up slimmer tomorrow
- I'll admit it: I'm impatient. If I buy something online, I want it delivered immediately. If I order at the drive-thru, I don't want to idle while it's being whipped up. And if I take some steps to lose weight, I want to see results - fast!
Last night while I was researching weight loss for a new blog post, I stumbled upon a fascinating study showing that rapid weight loss is key to permanent w... ››› more
- [07 August 2015]
- How you can use wheat germ to lose weight naturally
- Many successful diets instruct you to cut back on saturated fat. When you do this, you almost certainly cut back on the amount of meat you eat. And when this happens, you may also be cutting back on important nutrients, too…
Filling the void, though, is fat-fighting wheat germ!
Wheat germ, a health food basic, is the embryo of the wheat kernel. And it certainly deserves its reputation for ... ››› more
- [02 June 2015]
- Quit focussing on the marathon! Focus on that first step out the door instead!
- When an architect starts planning a house, he has the finished product in mind, but he doesn't only draw up plans for the outside of the house and then start willy-nilly putting things in place to get to the finished product.
No, he puts hours of work into determining the right materials he's going to use and he draws thousands of plans to ensure the house, when finished, is what he envisione... ››› more
- [13 June 2014]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn