- Fish and olive oil can help you lose weight the healthy way!
- The Mediterranean diet is touted the best diet for a healthy heart due to its abundance of heart-healthy fats. According to a recent study published in the journal Circulation, this diet promotes healthy weight loss, too.
That's right - enjoying foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and seafood, breads, extra-virgin olive oil, herbs and spices, and nuts and seeds can help you lose weight... ››› more
- [01 March 2018]
- You need to stop believing these four lies about burning fat faster right now!
- Who doesn't want to be fitter and leaner? I know I do. But I'm frankly sick and tired of falling prey to false promises. You know, the ones that go, “Eat what you like and still lose weight!” or, “Lose a minimum of 5 kg in just one month!”
While both of these goals are completely attainable, it's not as easy as it sounds. It takes time - and a lot of hard work - to reach them! Luckily,... ››› more
- [15 March 2017]
- These simple food swaps will reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease plus help you lose weight the healthy way
- Did you know that by eating a diet rich in nutrient-dense foods, you can slash your risk of chronic disease like cancer and heart disease while enjoying additional benefits like healthy weight loss and increased energy levels?
Colleen Doyle, the director of nutrition and physical activity for the American Cancer Society, explains: “Though there's no one food that will reduce your risk of this... ››› more
- [25 October 2016]
- Five gluten-free baking tips you'll love
- Whether you have celiac disease, or are off gluten for other health reasons (like a sensitivity or an autoimmune disease), you've likely figured out that baking with gluten-free flours can be rather challenging.
From figuring out what flours to use, to wondering about gums, leavening and starches, gluten-free baking sure requires some know-how!
Today I'm sharing some helpful tips for glute... ››› more
- [22 October 2015]
- Three things to do today so you wake up slimmer tomorrow
- I'll admit it: I'm impatient. If I buy something online, I want it delivered immediately. If I order at the drive-thru, I don't want to idle while it's being whipped up. And if I take some steps to lose weight, I want to see results - fast!
Last night while I was researching weight loss for a new blog post, I stumbled upon a fascinating study showing that rapid weight loss is key to permanent w... ››› more
- [07 August 2015]
- How you can use wheat germ to lose weight naturally
- Many successful diets instruct you to cut back on saturated fat. When you do this, you almost certainly cut back on the amount of meat you eat. And when this happens, you may also be cutting back on important nutrients, too…
Filling the void, though, is fat-fighting wheat germ!
Wheat germ, a health food basic, is the embryo of the wheat kernel. And it certainly deserves its reputation for ... ››› more
- [02 June 2015]
- Quit focussing on the marathon! Focus on that first step out the door instead!
- When an architect starts planning a house, he has the finished product in mind, but he doesn't only draw up plans for the outside of the house and then start willy-nilly putting things in place to get to the finished product.
No, he puts hours of work into determining the right materials he's going to use and he draws thousands of plans to ensure the house, when finished, is what he envisione... ››› more
- [13 June 2014]
- Flick the “skinny devil” off your shoulder for the last time…
- “Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels,” says Kate Moss.
I'll never forget the day I walked into my friend's bedroom and saw that small green sticky note on her cupboard door.
I was 15 at the time and, just over 15 years later, I can still see the note as if it were in front of me.
Is it because of the time in my life that I saw it? A time where I was taking the first steps in... ››› more
- [04 June 2014]
- If you want to lose weight DON'T listen to this advice
- Even if you're not an avid dieter, you're bound to have read some sort of nutritional advice. You want to keep your health and weight in check right? But some of the diet advice is just ridiculous! Today, you'll discover the worse diet advice to follow if you ant to lose weight…
The truth: You can lose weight by eating normally
Eat fat and you’ll get fat? Not true! You need fat in your die... ››› more
- [07 April 2014]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn