- How to tell if the wear-and-tear on your hair is due to stress
- Has your hair been falling out faster than usual lately? How about looking a little lacklustre? If you answered, ‘yes!' and ‘yes!' we hate to break it to you, but these are probably signs that you're under too much stress.
When your stress levels get really high, it can cause all types of unexpected physical symptoms, including damage to your hair. Keep reading to learn about three common e... ››› more
- [15 January 2018]
- Hair loss can be due to nutrient deficiencies and supplement use
- Yes, it's true - men are more likely to lose hair than women, mostly due to male pattern baldness. But this doesn't mean that thinning and hair loss isn't common in women, too...
In fact, it's just as both common and demoralising. The only thing that's different about hair loss in women is that the causes aren't as obvious as in men. Reasons can range from a vitamin deficiency to overdoing supp... ››› more
- [07 December 2017]
- Three little-known causes of hair loss in women
- You're familiar with common causes of hair loss, such as excessive styling, scalp conditions and iron deficiency. But let's get real, ladies - if you start seeing globs of hair in your hairbrush (or, even worse, the shower drain), it's sure to freak you out no matter the cause!
After all, thick, luscious hair is a big part of a woman's identity. Plus, hair loss is meant to be a man's problem, i... ››› more
- [10 October 2017]
- Three unusual causes of hair loss (you won't believe number two!)
- It's the weekend and you've decided that you're going to pamper yourself with an at-home spa session. You start off by indulging in a long, hot bath.
While you're in there, you decide that pampering your hair and scalp isn't a bad idea, so you begin massaging your scalp. It's all so soothing until you notice something alarming...
There's something that looks like a small piece of net on you... ››› more
- [03 October 2017]
- Almond oil: The solution for hair loss you didn't know about
- If your goal is to achieve, healthy, luxurious hair, look no further than almond oil - a carrier oil with a rich, deep history that's been a time-honoured natural herbal remedy!
Almond oil is a secret solution for hair loss - not many people know that when mixed with an essential oil such as sandalwood or castor oil, it can prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. Keep reading to learn more a... ››› more
- [22 August 2017]
- Steps you can take to minimise hair loss during chemotherapy
- Once you've committed to treating your cancer with chemotherapy, there's a good chance you'll experience hair loss. Depending on the type and dosage of chemotherapy you receive, you may experience anything from hair thinning to total baldness.
While the hair loss is usually temporary, it's one of the side effects of chemotherapy that people fear most. Fortunately, there are steps you can take ... ››› more
- [07 August 2017]
- Prevent losing hair by filling your plate with these foods
- If you're seeing more strands in your brush than usual, it may be due to conditions like vitamin deficiencies, lack of sleep, stress, diabetes of autoimmune disorders.
On the bright side, research shows that it's possible to prevent losing hair and thicken your hair back up through dietary changes. Read on for a list of foods that will help you prevent losing hair...
Add these foods to your ... ››› more
- [21 June 2017]
- Losing hair? This vitamin D derivative could help...
- Are you losing hair? Do you want to know what you can do to manage your hair loss? According to a new study, a derivative of activated vitamin D may help hair loss caused by alopecia areata.
To learn more about alopecia areata and the vitamin D derivative that this new study suggests could treat this disorder, keep reading...
Alopecia areata may be the reason you’re losing hair!
Alopecia ... ››› more
- [15 June 2017]
- Top diet tips if you're losing hair and want luscious locks again
- Are you losing hair? Don't worry, it's pretty common - and the triggers range from stress and hormones to depression and diet.
Thankfully, you can get your locks looking luscious again by adjusting your diet. Here are our top tricks!
How to tweak your diet if you’re losing hair
Eat more protein
Boosting your protein intake can help if a bad diet is the reason you’re losing hair. A rea... ››› more
- [14 June 2017]
- New gene research may give hope to men who are challenged my male pattern baldness
- Man's obsession with baldness dates back to millennia. Related to your genes and male sex hormones, it's usually caused by genetic predisposition and hormones and follows a pattern of hair thinning on the crown and receding hairlines.
Researchers at Duke's University in North Carolina in the USA were the first to show an association between male pattern baldness and male hormone testosterone.
... ››› more
- [16 February 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn