- Beyond flu shots: Simple steps to avoid influenza this winter
- Flu shots can reduce your risk of contracting influenza, but they're by no means fool-proof. In fact, they're quite the hit-and-miss proposition - according to the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention, last season's version of the flu shot had an effectiveness rate of just 42%.
Fortunately, there are many other things you can do to reduce your risk of catching, or spreading, the flu this ... ››› more
- [13 April 2018]
- Have you heard about the flu shot that lasts your whole life?
- Scientists have been hard at work trying to develop a flu shot that lasts a lifetime. They've made very good progress in their efforts to develop the vaccine that one day might eliminate the need for anyone to get flu shots every year ever, a new study reports.
The researchers developed a way to trigger immune system antibodies to fight a wide range of flu subtypes. They said the approach prove... ››› more
- [27 August 2015]
- Pregnant? Then you should consider getting these two vaccines
- When you're pregnant, you pay extra-close attention to nearly everything you put into your body, from a peanut butter sandwich to everyday pain medication.
Therefore, you might also feel extra nervous about getting a flu shot or other vaccines. But some vaccines are actually crucial during pregnancy: “Being immunised not only protects the health of a pregnant woman, it protects her baby from... ››› more
- [05 August 2015]
- Here's how you can beat the flu this winter!
- Since 2009, UK researchers have been gathering data and trends about the flu on an online system run by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine called Flusurvey.
During this time, they've discovered a surprising way to reduce your risk of getting the flu by 10%.
Read on to discover what it is…
*********** Reader’s choice ***************
Modern-medicine loses the flu-fig... ››› more
- [22 July 2014]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn