- Did you know fish oil is a natural blood thinner?
- The growing use of fish oil supplements is a reflection of the ongoing battle to fight heart disease. As you probably already know, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil reduce inflammation and cut your risk of numerous degenerative diseases.
But did you know that omega-3 fatty acids also have a natural blood-thinning effect? That's right - these healthy fats influence your ability to forms clots... ››› more
- [13 September 2017]
- Fish oil supplements can help lower your risk of breast cancer
- Millions of people around the world already take a fish oil supplement to keep their hearts healthy and treat ailments such as depression and arthritis. Now, a new study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention suggests that fish oil supplements may also help women lower their risk of breast cancer.
In the past, a number of studies similar to this one have found an ... ››› more
- [28 August 2017]
- Rubbing fish oil on your skin can banish wrinkles and more
- You've read that fish oil is good for your skin thanks to its mega dose of omega-3 fatty acids. So is this true? Absolutely!
Fish oil packs two main types of omega-3 fatty acids, namely docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). DHA keeps your brain functioning properly, while EPA benefits your skin in a number of different ways, from boosting hydration to staving off wrinkles... ››› more
- [08 August 2017]
- Explained: How fish oil can help reduce symptoms of anxiety
- Anxiety is one of the most common mental conditions around the globe. While doctors often group depression and anxiety together, the symptoms of these two conditions are actually very different. However, doctors often treat them with the same drug - serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
While SSRIs have proved to help anxiety patients, natural treatments such as fish oil are becomingly increas... ››› more
- [03 August 2017]
- These are the best times to take omega-3 fish oil supplements...
- Omega-3 fish oil is abundant in omega-3 fatty acids, which are necessary for normal growth and development, brain function, heart health and more...
Most adults take omega-3 fish oil supplements for the many heart health benefits they provide, such as reduced cholesterol, blood pressure, triglyceride levels and risk of stroke and heart attack. Some adults also take omega-3 fish oil to treat rhe... ››› more
- [25 July 2017]
- Four ways that fish oil improves joint mobility
- Fish oil has been studied extensively for its ability to reduce certain cardiovascular risk factors, notably triglycerides and blood pressure, due to its content of fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
While it's well-known that fish oil provides heart health benefits, not many people know that fish oil also contributes to healthy joints. Read on to learn how ... ››› more
- [06 June 2017]
- Five amazing ways omega-3 fish oil can boost your well-being
- A whopping 90% of us are deficient in the crucial fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Since most of us don't eat enough fatty fish and other omega-3-rich foods, supplementing with a quality omega-3 fish oil supplement is mandatory.
Omega-3 fish oil improves many aspects of your health. Studies have proven that omega-3 fish oil helps heal depression, can ameli... ››› more
- [02 June 2017]
- Omega-3 fish oil boosts healing after heart attack
- Omega-3 fish oil aids in healing after heart attack by improving function of the heart and reducing scarring in the undamaged muscle. This goes according to a new study published in the American Heart Association's journal, Circulation.
These findings are highly significant as your heart's shape and function can change after heart attack and potentially lead to heart failure. So just how much o... ››› more
- [31 May 2017]
- Harvard researchers find that fish oil is good for more than your heart health - it can help prevent and treat periodontitis, too
- You already know that increasing your dietary intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as fish oil, has positive effects on your heart. It turns out that these fish oil, which contains potent anti-inflammatory properties, may help prevent and treat periodontitis, too.
Periodontitis - a common gum disease in which your gum tissue separates from your teeth - is a serious oral health concern, a... ››› more
- [13 February 2017]
- The four essential vitamins and nutrients every woman needs after age 40
- You know how it goes - you set your new year's resolutions and after a couple of weeks, the stress of keeping up with who you're trying to be has you chomping your teeth (and perhaps a takeaway burger, too) out of tension.
And sticking to these resolutions - never mind actually achieving your healthy goals - only gets more difficult as you get older, doesn't it?
Instead of trying to eat cle... ››› more
- [27 January 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn