- 8 Nutrients that could help improve your eyesight...
- Along with vitamins A, C and E, you should take in adequate amounts of the minerals zinc and selenium. Both these minerals help protect the retina - which is the light sensitive part of the back of the eye. You also need some fatty acids to ensure adequate moisture in your eyes.
This combination will help protect your eyesight, and restore vision if you are lacking these nutrients at the momen... ››› more
- [25 July 2018]
- How to improve your eyesight through diet and eye exercises
- Want to improve your eyesight and see your way to a future of longevity? Then you've come to the right place!
Most of us use our eyes to stare at small type and images on smart phones, computer screens and televisions. Over time this leads to eye fatigue and can boost your risk of age-related eye problems. This is why it's so important to sharpen your vision if you want to live longer.
Read ... ››› more
- [31 May 2017]
- University of Birmingham scientists have developed eye drops that may treat age-related macular degeneration
- Age-related macular degeneration, or AMD, is one of the leading causes of blindness in the world and scientists at the University of Birmingham in the UK may have just developed a treatment for it!
According to the results of the collaborative research, published in Investigative Opthamology and Visual Science, scientists have developed a type of eye drop for AMD that could potentially revoluti... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- University College London study finds significant differences in people's peripheral vision
- Your peripheral vision is your ability to see things that aren't in the centre field of your vision. If, for example, you struggle catching a ball that comes in from your left or find that you're better spotting things on your right, a bad spot in your peripheral vision may be the reason why!
If you think you may have a bad spot in your peripheral vision, you may be wondering if everyone's peri... ››› more
- [09 May 2017]
- Cannabinoids can improve your eyesight, researchers from Montreal Neurological Institute find
- It's not just carrots that improve your eyesight. According to a new study by researchers at Montreal Neurological Institute at McGill University in Canada, cannabinoids have a similar effect.
To arrive at this conclusion, the multidisciplinary team of researchers looked at how cannabinoids affected vision in vertebrates. Here's exactly what they found.
Canadian animal study links cannabinoi... ››› more
- [08 May 2017]
- Good news, coffee drinkers! Indulging in your morning ritual may protect you from retinal degeneration
- Past research has linked drinking coffee to a decreased risk of chronic diseases including diabetes, age-related cognitive declines, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and prostate cancer.
Now, a new study by researchers at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, in the USA have discovered yet another good reason to start every day with your beloved cup of java…
According to their s... ››› more
- [14 March 2017]
- Warning! Your blood pressure medication is ruining your eyesight
- If you have high blood pressure, I'm sure you've been warned about the chances of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) in your later years.
But here's another warning. If you're taking vasodilators and oral beta blockers to treat your high blood pressure, that risk just increased.
Recent research confirmed that the use of vasodilator drugs to treat blood pressure was linked to 72% higher ... ››› more
- [13 January 2016]
- The real reason why your body is falling apart
- It's easy to see and feel the signs of aging.
Memory loss, no energy, fading eyesight, joint pain and so much more…
But you might never have thought that the root of all these issues is an overlooked part of your body?
And doctors rarely check for it…
Read on to find out how to rebuild your body and get rid of your health problems! ************************************************
... ››› more
- [14 May 2015]
- Can you really EAT away your macular degeneration risk?
- When I think of a real nightmare, I picture darkness. Pure an utter darkness.
Because the very worst thing I can imagine is going blind.
That's where today's article comes in. You see, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the leading cause of blindness in the world. And, up until recently, people believed there wasn't very much you could do to prevent it. After all, this is one eyesigh... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
- Vision myth busted: You didn't get your poor eyesight from your mom! (Here's what's really causing it)
- There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to your eyesight.
One of the most common is that you inherited your vision problems from your family.
In other words, if your mom suffers from poor vision, one day you will to.
But, says that Cambridge Institute for Better Vision, this simply isn't true.
In fact, ask your optometrist and he'll confirm that your sight isn't something t... ››› more
- [08 April 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn