- The sunshine vitamin plays a major role in keeping your brain young
- Have you read any health news lately? If you have, you've probably come across a story about the importance of vitamin D and its incredible health benefits. So why is it that populations all around the globe are suffering from vitamin D deficiency?
In the past, you might not have thought of getting enough of the sunshine vitamin as anything serious. If this is the case, you couldn't have been m... ››› more
- [27 April 2018]
- Beware! Too much sitting can lead to mental decline and dementia
- You already know that too many hours lounging on chairs and couches can be bad for your heart. As it turns out, all that sitting might be bad for your brain too.
In fact, too much sitting could even lead to mental decline and dementia, according to a new study published in the journal PLOS One.
The new study found that too much sitting was tied to an unhealthy ‘thinning' of tissue in a key... ››› more
- [24 April 2018]
- Chronic heavy drinking triples your risk of all types of dementia!
- It's well-known that chronic heavy drinking boosts your risk of health issues including high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease and digestive problems. Now, a new study has found that it also increases your odds of all types of dementia, including Alzheimer's disease.
The study, published in The Lancet Public Health, identified chronic heavy drinking as a major risk factor for... ››› more
- [28 February 2018]
- Are your dementia symptoms due to your high blood pressure?
- If you're experiencing dementia symptoms, such as memory loss, declining motor function, disorientation and behavioural changes, you might just put it down to the fact that you're getting old.
However, if you're a woman in your 40s with high blood pressure, this may very well be the reason behind your dementia symptoms. This is according to new research, which has found a link between women in... ››› more
- [11 October 2017]
- These four herbs can reverse dementia and memory loss
- Are you petrified of the deleterious disease known as dementia? Well, you're not the only one...
Two of the most common causes of dementia are Alzheimer's disease and stroke. Fortunately, the natural world offers a multitude of resources to combat dementia, Alzheimer's disease and stroke altogether!
You can significantly reduce your risk of dementia as well as signs and symptoms of the disea... ››› more
- [03 October 2017]
- Four early dementia signs to watch out for
- While dementia mainly affects old people, it isn't a normal part of ageing. Statistics show that worldwide, 47.5 million people have dementia and each year, there are 7.7 new cases. However, many people aren't familiar with early dementia signs.
Dementia is a collection of symptoms, such as impairments in thought, memory and communication. So does this mean that if you're experiencing memory pr... ››› more
- [21 August 2017]
- Keep dementia symptoms at bay by exercising your brain like this…
- You're familiar with how athletes cross-train to enhance their physical skills. But did you know that you can exercise your brain to benefit your brain in the same way by enhancing learning and keeping dementia symptoms at bay?
This is according to a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports conducted by researchers from the University of Illinois in the United States. Keep reading ... ››› more
- [27 July 2017]
- Cut your dementia risk by drinking more coffee!
- Do you want to prevent dementia? Do you love coffee?
Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports has found that caffeine is one of 24 compounds that have potential to boost an enzyme that can help protect you against dementia.
Yes, it's true - indulging in your beloved cuppa may have neuro-protective effects! Keep reading to learn more. ... ››› more
- [29 May 2017]
- Regular use of a sauna can cut the risk of dementia up to 66%!
- According to a recent study by University of Eastern Finland researchers, regular use of a sauna may reduce the risk of dementia - a group of thinking and social symptoms that interfere with daily functioning - in men.
So how exactly does using a sauna help boost the brain and prevent dementia? Keep reading to find out!
Study discovers that regular use of a sauna can reduce risk of dementia ... ››› more
- [26 May 2017]
- The active ingredient in cannabis can slow down or even reverse the brain's ageing process
- A new study by the University of Bonn in Germany and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Israel have found that the active ingredient in cannabis, delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), can slow down or even reverse the brain's ageing process.
In their study, they achieve successful restoration of memory performance in mice using cannabis. Here's the full story.
Study finds that the active ing... ››› more
- [25 May 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn