- The ultimate guide to essential oils for relieving cold and flu
- When it comes to cold and flu, it's safe to say that the best-ever cure is prevention. That being said, it's never a bad idea to be prepared with a handful of effective all-natural remedies at all times. After all, you never know when sickness is going to strike you!
Below are my four favourite essential oils to use to fight off infection during the cold winter months. They're simply amazing at... ››› more
- [24 April 2018]
- Before you knock yourself out with over-the-counter medication this winter, try these five allergy-busting tricks
- For some people, winter is nothing but a long, troubling allergy season. If you're one of those people, don't stress - you don't have to knock yourself out with over-the-counter medication to keep your seasonal allergies at bay!
In fact, there are many ways to beat your seasonal allergies this season and enjoy the new season ahead. Try these top five natural allergy-busting tips!
Five natura... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- Here's why asthmatics are likely to have worse symptoms when they get the flu, according to a University of Southampton study
- If you're an asthmatic, you've probably wondered why it is that when you get the flu, your symptoms are so bad. Well, a University of Southampton has the answer...
According to the study, which was published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, people with asthma are likely to suffer worse symptoms when they get the flu because they have weaker immune systems. For more on this stu... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- This soothing chicken soup with lemongrass and ginger is perfect for cold and flu season
- Traditional soup may be considered the epitome of comfort food, but we've made a few changes that take chicken soup to the next level!
If you're on the sick list, this soothing chicken soup made with immune-boosting ingredients like lemongrass and ginger is perfect for you. It's nourishing, healing, fights congestion and keeps you hydrated.
And the best part? It only takes 30 minutes to whi... ››› more
- [10 May 2017]
- Did you get a flu shot and still end up with the flu? Follow these five tips to boost your flu-fighting strategy
- You went for your annual flu shot this year but have ended up with the flu. Now, you're drinking orange juice like it's going out of fashion, sucking on zinc lozenges like they're candy and wondering if vitamin D and echinacea really work.
Can you relate to this? If so, you're probably very frustrated! But here's a little secret: When it comes to kicking the flu, it's all in the details. If you... ››› more
- [09 May 2017]
- Caught the flu? Do these four things immediately!
- Prevention is better than cure, but sometimes the inevitable happens. When you're tired and run down and the flu epidemic is doing its round, it can take you down with it!
If you've caught the flu, don't worry - there are a few steps you can take to deal with it straight away. First, you must surrender - call in sick, climb into bed and get ready to rest up. Then, you must do the following...
... ››› more
- [08 May 2017]
- Five potential culprits of painful, annoying, draining sinus infections that you should know about
- There's nothing worse than a sinus infection - a runny nose, sore throat, throbbing head, body pain and fever altogether can be painful, annoying and downright draining!
Believe it or not, sinus infections infect a whopping 29.4 million people per year. But here's the good news: You can avoid these infections and being put out of commission by familiarising yourself with the most common culpri... ››› more
- [04 May 2017]
- Four science-backed tips to stop a cold when you feel it coming on
- You've been sneezing one too many times, your throat is sore and scratchy and you feel a headache coming on. Yup, you're coming up against a potentially debilitating cold!
Luckily, you don't have to give in to your illness - there are steps you can take to prevent the common cold as best you can. Read on for four science-backed ways to fight off that cold - or at least reduce the pesky symptom... ››› more
- [03 May 2017]
- It may not be all theatrics! Women appear to fight off the flu more easily than men, two studies show
- If you've ever nursed a man with a respiratory infection, you've noticed how quickly even the manliest of man can be totally taken out by an itty bitty case of the flu.
And you're probably all too familiar with the drama that comes with it - the non-stop complaints of agony and multiple requests for tea, orange juice and osup. (If it isn't too much trouble, of course!)
But as it turns out, ... ››› more
- [02 May 2017]
- Four incredible herbs and spices to fight the flu
- We're almost in the middle of one very aggressive flu season. You've felt the drastic drop in temperature as of late, right?
Along with staying hydrated, practising good hygiene, getting at least eight hours of sleep each night and taking your vitamin C supplements on a daily basis, filling up your plate or cup with the following four spices will help boost your immunity and stave off the flu. ... ››› more
- [28 April 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn