- Study links persistent pain to mental decline and dementia
- Do you suffer from persistent pain? As in pain that continues day in and day out? Well, then, we've got some bad news for you…
According to a study published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, persistent pain may increase your risk or mental decline and dementia. Keep reading for the full findings.
Study finds that people with chronic pain also have an increased risk of mental decline ... ››› more
- [05 December 2017]
- Five chronic pain patient no-nos and how to avoid them
- According to statistics, around 43 million Americans report living with chronic pain, defined as pain lasting for at least three months. Despite this, chronic pain is woefully untreated not only in the United States, but globally.
One of the biggest challenges that chronic pain patients face is trying to ‘get through' to a doctor. “One of the things that patients cry out the most for is hav... ››› more
- [24 November 2017]
- These four foods help keep up the fight against inflammation to prevent everything from allergies to heart disease
- By now, you know that inflammation is the root of everything - allergies, chronic pain, obesity, migraines, thyroid problems, diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, heart disease, stroke, cancer, dental problems... the list goes on.
One of the best ways to fight inflammation and prevent these health problems is to eat foods that calm your body. Read on for four top inflammation-fighting foods that ke... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- Top five all-natural solutions for pain and inflammation
- When you're in pain, it's almost impossible to be your happiest, shiniest, best-ever self, whether it's from a splitting headache, a stubbed toe or a chronic disease like fibromyalgia or osteoarthritis.
People with chronic pain are three times more likely to develop psychiatric symptoms like depression and anxiety, and it's no wonder. When you're in pain, it's harder to enjoy doing the things t... ››› more
- [26 May 2016]
- Understanding your pain might be the key to finding permanent relief
- Living with chronic pain affects your whole life.
You're unable to do the things you love, and it even makes doing normal daily tasks difficult.
But Neil Pearson, a physical therapist, might have the answer to finding pain relief.
Read on to discover his “treatment” methods for dealing with everyday pain… ********** Advertisement ************
"Eliminated my pain so fast I co... ››› more
- [24 March 2015]
- Sore knees? Stiff hip? Hot hands? Living with arthritis can be like living in a jail of chronic pain…
- For 13 years, I lived with chronic septic arthritis, so there's very little I don't know about pain. Something as easy as taking an evening walk with my friends became a debate with myself every time.
I had to weigh up whether it was a good idea or not? How much pain was I in already? What else did I still have to do?
Pain is a very personal thing. Our stories might sound different, but the... ››› more
- [23 February 2015]
- Your risk of chronic neck pain is higher if you take part in this one daily activity
- If you find your neck is constantly stiff and sore, it's probably not just another sign you're getting older.
And it's probably not because you tweaked it while exercising, or because you slept funny, or even because of the way you sit at your desk.
Your chronic neck pain is because of something far simpler. Something you do every day. And you do it without even thinking twice about it.
... ››› more
- [16 January 2015]
- If the pain in your back is killing you, it's time to change your diet
- Along with the start of the new work year comes back pain.
Your body's not used to sitting in a chair for eight hours straight after you were mobile and free every day of the holidays…
And as if being back at work wasn't bad enough, your back pain is killing you and making it even more difficult to concentrate on what you need to get done.
But there IS a solution.
It involves you... ››› more
- [13 January 2015]
- Here's how music can help you cope and provide relief when you're living with chronic pain …
- When you're living with chronic pain, it consumes your whole life.
You can't eat, sleep or even do the things you enjoy!
When your pain is so intense, not even the strongest medications seem to help.
There's something that may just do the trick.
A recent study shows how listening to your favourite music can help ease your chronic pain. Her... ››› more
- [12 January 2015]
- Stop 2015 from being the year of living with chronic pain
- After an amazing and relaxing December break, you're back at work and you're in pain again.
The freedom of being able to move around throughout the day while you were on holiday seemed to make your chronic pain disappear. But now it's back. With a vengeance.
While you're supposed to be enjoying the start of the New Year, you're writhing around in pain instead.
But don't worry, your des... ››› more
- [12 January 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn