- Three tips for lower cholesterol numbers and a cleaner bill of health
- Statistics show that 28% of adults over age 40 take lipid-lowering statin drugs to keep their cholesterol levels from reaching the danger zone.
If this includes you, you may think that your prescription gives you the license to eat anything and everything you want. But it doesn't - statin drugs don't undo any cholesterol overload regardless of what you eat!
On that note, we're sharing three ... ››› more
- [12 January 2018]
- These four foods ‘cholesterol helpers' - include them in your diet!
- Experts used to think that dietary cholesterol, found in animal-based foods like egg yolks and prawns, raised total blood cholesterol levels. However, new studies have shown that this isn't true.
One thing that we do know for sure is that certain foods - think avocados and almonds - can help manage or improve your overall cholesterol profile and reduce your risk of heart disease. Here are four ... ››› more
- [29 November 2017]
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease with these cholesterol-lowering foods
- High cholesterol is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease. What's even scarier is that most people whose cholesterol is through the roof have no idea how much danger they're in until their doctor explains their dire state...
If you have high cholesterol but aren't sold on the idea of spending the rest of your life dependent on prescription cholesterol medication to prevent cardiovascul... ››› more
- [12 June 2017]
- Want to whittle your waist and improve nutrient absorption? This is the fruit you should be eating!
- Avocados are one seriously versatile fruit - yup, it's a fruit! Packed with healthy fats, disease-fighting antioxidants and a host of vitamins and minerals (about 20, to be exact), the luscious gems are one of the most rich, satisfying and downright delicious foods on the planet.
By now you already know that avocados help lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels and are therefore excellen... ››› more
- [02 March 2017]
- Take note of these seven biggest causes of high cholesterol levels!
- High cholesterol is a common condition. In fact, it's a condition that around 100 million Americans suffer from!
If you're at risk of high cholesterol, you may be wondering about the sources that it comes from. And, well, it goes beyond how often you eat eggs for breakfast and how many people in your family suffer from it...
Read on for the seven biggest causes of high cholesterol that you s... ››› more
- [02 March 2017]
- Scientists find that tart cherries calm inflammation and help prevent premature ageing and chronic disease
- By now, you know the major role that inflammation plays in premature ageing and chronic disease such as diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
Thankfully, there are a number of inflammation-fighting foods you can eat to help keep angry inflammation at bay. According to the latest research, tart cherries are one of these foods - they can add years to your life! Read on for more.
American rese... ››› more
- [28 February 2017]
- Even if you think you know everything about cholesterol, there may be a few surprises in store... Here are three of the most common cholesterol myths - busted!
- Did you know that your body relies on cholesterol for a number of processes? Or that dairy products and animal foods are worse for your bad cholesterol than butter and shellfish? How about that eating eggs isn't half as bad for your cholesterol as you think?
There are many common myths about high cholesterol and it's about time we debunked them! Here's who's most likely to have high cholesterol... ››› more
- [22 February 2017]
- American study reveals that cholesterol-lowering medication can improve erectile dysfunction by 25% - so should you ask your doctor to put you on statins?
- When you think of erectile dysfunction, Viagra is likely the only treatment that comes to mind. However, thanks to modern day science, this common disorder that can make even the bravest man weak at the knees, is more treatable than ever!
If you think that erectile dysfunction means the end of your sex life, think again. And, no, the “little blue pill” isn't your only option if you want to... ››› more
- [20 February 2017]
- You can reduce your cholesterol by drinking green tea, according to Chinese study
- You limit your intake of saturated fats, trans fats and dietary cholesterol, you eat lots of fibre-rich fruits and vegetables, you choose high-protein plant foods over meat and you take plant sterol supplements.
Is there anything else you could possibly be doing nutritionally to lower your cholesterol the natural way? Actually, yes, according to a fresh Chinese meta-analysis...
According to ... ››› more
- [01 February 2017]
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs like statins aren't effective and safe... they're robbing you of your memory!
- Approximately 15 million people in the United States alone are now taking statin drugs to help regulate their cholesterol levels. So it goes without saying that statins are commonly used. But does this mean they're safe? Of course not - especially not for your brain health...
According to a study recently published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, taking statins to reduce your cholesterol... ››› more
- [06 December 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn