- This berry may improve the success of cervical cancer treatment by 70%!
- If you're a woman diagnosed with cervical cancer, you may be surprised to learn that there's a certain berry that can help improve the success of your radiation treatment - blueberries!
This is according to a new study by researchers at the University of Missouri (MU) School of Medicine in the United States. The team found that combining blueberry extract with radiation can boost the treatment... ››› more
- [11 January 2018]
- Five silent signs of cervical cancer that you shouldn't ignore
- Cervical cancer, which occurs in the cells of your cervix, is the one of the most common cancers in women. Almost all cases of cervical cancer are caused by a human papilloma virus (HPV) and women of all ages are at risk of developing this cancer.
If you're experiencing potential signs and symptoms of cervical cancer, it's likely that your cancer is fairly advanced. At this stage, a cure is s... ››› more
- [19 September 2017]
- What women should know about cervical cancer and HPV testing
- A new study conducted by researchers from the Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) and University of New Mexico (UNM) Comprehensive Cancer Center has found that women receiving human papillomavirus (HPV) testing may get a more complete diagnosis of possible cervical pre-cancer.
Their findings, which were published in JAMA Oncology, used data from the New Mexico HPV Pap Registry in the United ... ››› more
- [29 June 2017]
- Preventing cervical cancer could be as simple as getting a HPV shot
- A body of previous research suggests that the latest human papillomavirus (HPV) - a vaccine that prevents infection by certain types of the human papillomavirus - could prevent most infection and millions of cancers worldwide.
The latest on this topic is an article published by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), which describes that the HPV vaccine could drastically reduce cervic... ››› more
- [15 June 2017]
- You may only need one dose of this vaccine to prevent cervical cancer
- Cervical cancer is the fourth most common cancer in women worldwide.
Needless to say, it's therefore important that all ladies do as much as they can to prevent becoming a victim.
In the past, doctors have confirmed that you need two or three doses of Cervarix, a human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV), to prevent cervical cancer.
But now, according to a new US study, just one dose is enough. ... ››› more
- [11 June 2015]
- Three must-read tips to help you protect yourself from HPV and cervical cancer
- The human papillomavirus (HPV) is nicknamed the “common cold of STDs”.
Why? Because if you're a sexually active adult, you've probably contracted several of the 100 different types out there. More than 30 of which are sexually transmitted.
And you probably had no idea!
While a new vaccine promises to make viruses more scarce in the future, HPV is still the number one cause of cervic... ››› more
- [27 April 2015]
- What you need to know to reduce your risk of cervical cancer
- R&B singer Puff Johnson has died after a long battle with cervical cancer. She was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2008. The death of the songbird has raised the issue of cervical cancer among many women. Here's what you must know about cervical cancer so you can take steps to reduce your risk. According to the Mayo Clinic, cervical cancer, otherwise known as cervix cancer is a type of cancer th... ››› more
- [26 June 2013]
- Join the global fight against cervical cancer!
- May is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month, which is usually cause for concern and doing everything possible to raise awareness. Now we have reason to celebrate that May is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month, as Minister of Health Aaron Motsoaledi has just agreed that giving young girls the vaccine against cervical cancer will save lives, with pupils aged nine and 10 to be given the vaccine from February... ››› more
- [16 May 2013]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn