- Beat brain fog by snacking on these four foods!
- “We live in a world where we breathe in chemicals, smoke and toxins (just to name a few), which we have no control over,” says Stacey Roberts-Davis, a registered dietitian based in Florida in the United States.
“We also eat foods with pesticides and chemicals, and have allergies to foods we don't even realise. All of these things can affect the way we think and how our bodies work,” ad... ››› more
- [06 December 2017]
- Five common causes of brain fog
- Brain fog, also known as brain fatigue, can be a mild to serious episode of mental confusion characterised by symptoms such as forgetfulness, poor memory recall, lack of focus and mental clarity, and reduced mental acuity.
Brain fog can strike at any time without warning. In the long term, it can take a serious toll on both your personal and professional life. In order to put brain fog to an en... ››› more
- [27 September 2017]
- The essential antioxidants for beating brain fog plus three delicious foods that contain them
- When you're feeling tired and unfocused, you may think your body is craving stimulants like coffee or an energy drink when it's in fact asking for certain antioxidants with neuroprotective properties.
Three of these certain antioxidants are luteolin, apigenin and quercetin. Not only do they energise your body, but also beat brain fog, optimise your blood flow and prevent oxidative stress.
... ››› more
- [23 May 2017]
- Distracted? Forgetful? Mentally fatigued? Check out these four essential oils that beat brain fog!
- It's normal for you to feel “off” - as if your brain just isn't functioning properly - from time to time. But if brain fog is something you experience regularly, it's time you seek out treatment!
Truth is, while brain fog seems to be increasingly common, it's not normal. The root cause is unknown, but experts agree that lifestyle choices like poor diet, lack of exercise, high stress levels ... ››› more
- [10 April 2017]
- Ten golden rules to make sure your diet is maximising your brain health
- Want to tune up your brain to prevent memory loss and dementia? Your diet plan is the perfect place to start!
Read on for ten essential guidelines to follow to ensure that the food you're eating and supplements you're taking are supporting your mental health.
Ten diet tips for optimal brain health
#1: Avoid sugars
Sugars come hidden in many different foods, include cakes, confectionary and... ››› more
- [10 November 2016]
- Put down your coffee mug, step away from the vending machine and give these functional eating strategies a try to skyrocket your energy levels
- I get it - many of us rely on coffee or high-sugar eats to get through the day. If this includes you, it's time to change up your routine!
Of course, drinking down a few cups of coffee while also munching on a doughnut will give you an instant surge of energy, but by the time your hands stop shaking, you'll find that you're more exhausted than before!
It's time to ditch the coffee and sugar ... ››› more
- [31 October 2016]
- Calm your nerves and transform your mood with these four amazing essential oils
- Smell is an amazing sense. It has the power to ease your tension, boost your mental clarity and lift your mood. This is because smells travel through your nose, up into your brain and trigger the release serotonin and endorphins, your “happy hormones”.
The next time you're feeling tired, foggy or stressed out, a whiff of essential oil will do the trick! Read on for four top essentials oils ... ››› more
- [19 August 2016]
- Is your body crying out for more protein?
- As you probably already know, protein is essential for living organisms. It gives us energy, helps our bodies recover, and keeps our tummies satisfied. Protein is composed of long-chain amino acids, which are the building blocks of muscle.
Your body produces 11 amino acids and the others—the 9 so-called essential amino acids—you must consume from food. Interesting, right?
So how would yo... ››› more
- [04 April 2016]
- Today is bipolar awareness day! Here's what you need to know about this growing mental health dilemma
- Over four million South Africans suffer from bipolar disorder.
A disease that society stigmatises as “crazy”, “unstable” and “dangerous”.
With labels like these, it isn't surprising that 40% of people with bipolar take up to two years to receive treatment, 68% discontinue their treatment, and 75% feel they can handle the problem on their own, according to local research.
But ... ››› more
- [26 May 2015]
- Warning: “Fuzzy thinking” could be a sign of depression and bipolar
- Can't remember where you put your keys or what you were about to say?
Ever walk into a room and wonder why you're there?
Chances are it's not the early stages of Alzheimer's. But “fuzzy thinking” and confusion like this could mean something else…
A new study conducted by researchers from the University of Michigan has uncovered that this type of thinking is very common among people ... ››› more
- [19 May 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn