- It's time you start paying more attention to your bone health - follow these five tips...
- Here are two alarming statistics: Fragility fractures affect approximately one-half of women and one-third of men over the age of 50. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to break-proof your bones and prevent them.
Don't be one of those people who don't give their bones a second thought until there's a problem - check out these five effortless ways to keep them healthy and strong as you age... ››› more
- [06 February 2018]
- Three diet tips to break-proof your bones for life
- When you think of the most important nutrients to stave off osteoporosis and promote strong, healthy bones, calcium and vitamin D immediately come to mind. However, these aren't the only bone-boosting nutrients out there.
While reaching for foods rich in calcium and vitamin D, such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and egg yolks, will help protect the bones you have and regain bone mass you've lost, you... ››› more
- [05 February 2018]
- Boosting your calcium intake won't strengthen your bones and prevent fractures, experts say
- The health and strength of your bones relies on a balanced diet and steady stream of nutrients - and you'll be interested to know that calcium isn't the most important of them all to strengthen your bones and prevent fractures.
In fact, at the recent annual Pediatric Academic Societies meeting held in Washington, in the USA, a study was presented that surprised everyone. It uncovered that to en... ››› more
- [15 May 2017]
- Want to reverse your osteoporosis? Drink THIS every day…
- By now you know that calcium plays a major role in your bone health by promoting strong, healthy bones. But did you know that this essential mineral also helps prevent and heal bone problems such as osteoporosis?
One quick and easy way to get a healthy dose of calcium every day is by drinking down a green smoothie. Brimming with calcium and an array of other vitamins and minerals, green smooth... ››› more
- [13 April 2017]
- Five calcium-rich breakfast ideas that help build strong, healthy bones
- The single most important way to keep your bones healthy and strong? By eating calcium-rich foods, of course. Fortunately, grocery shelves are chockfull of calcium-rich goodies, so you have no excuse to be eating less calcium than you should!
Personally, I find that incorporating a healthy dose of this bone-healthy mineral is made easiest in the morning. Here are five delicious, calcium-rich br... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- The essential nutrient for strong bones (Hint: It isn't calcium)
- Let's face it, when you think about bone health, your mind might travel back to the “Got Milk?” campaigns that successfully cemented the concept that drinking milk daily would help you grow big and strong. Am I right? I thought so.
Today, calcium is still equated with strong bones, but you would be hard-pressed to find an article that doesn't instruct us to also pair our calcium with vitami... ››› more
- [22 February 2016]
- Five ways to build strong bones without drinking milk
- Contrary to popular belief, you can get all of the calcium your body needs without ever touching a glass of cow's milk. I'm not a huge fan of milk because, among its many problems, studies show that dairy can stall fat loss and exacerbate skin conditions like acne (yikes!).
When it comes to strong bones, studies show that countries with the highest milk consumption have the highest levels of os... ››› more
- [18 February 2016]
- Top ten dairy-free sources of calcium
- You already know that calcium is vital for strong bones and teeth, and much more. Along with potassium, calcium plays a crucial role in proper metabolic function, cellular permeability, electrical conductance in the nerves, muscle contractions, and properly functioning glands and blood vessels, along with blood clotting.
Needless to say, calcium is an important element in the body. Leafy green... ››› more
- [18 February 2016]
- Try this calcium-rich kale salad with a tahini lemon dressing
- Many of us are confused about how to get enough calcium, believing that we need three servings a day of dairy in order to meet our recommended daily allowance of this mineral.
First of all, that's not true. And secondly, who wants to drink that much milk? I certainly don't! I get my calcium by loading my plate with calcium-rich foods that don't include cow's milk and everything that goes with ... ››› more
- [18 February 2016]
- Five little-known signs of a vitamin D deficiency
- Vitamin D deficiencies are more common than you may think. However, many people mistakenly believe they aren't at risk because they consumed vitamin D-fortified foods (such as milk) on a regular basis…
Truth is, there are very few foods that actually have therapeutic levels of vitamin D naturally. Not even fortified foods contain enough vitamin D to support your health needs!
Despite its n... ››› more
- [16 February 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn