- Lower blood sugar spikes with this vitamin...
- If you're feeling like you're losing the battle against your blood sugar spikes, you'll be pleased to know that you can add a simple vitamin to your daily regimen instead, to get them back on the narrow path.
This is a sigh of relief for those people who have been holding out, trying to avoid having to start taking diabetes drugs, or having to increase their dosages if they're already on them. ... ››› more
- [18 May 2018]
- Want to bust that sugar craving? Here's what you should snack on...
- If you've ever attempted eliminating sugar from your diet, you know how tough it can be - especially when the cravings for something sweet strike!
But did you know that there are a number of foods you can eat when you're craving sugar that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Here are nine of them.
Nine foods that will curb your sweet tooth
#1: Chia seeds
Chia seeds are full of fibre and a... ››› more
- [06 April 2017]
- Is it risky for diabetics to have the odd cheat meal? A dietician explains...
- You're diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. You're at a birthday party and the cake is served. What do you do - reach for a slice or politely say, “no thank you”? Can you have your cake and eat it too?
We turn to Leanne Katzenellenbogen, a dietician and nutritionist based in Sandton, Johannesburg, for the answer...
Diabetics can have a cheat meal every now and again – as long as they follo... ››› more
- [27 March 2017]
- Put down your coffee mug, step away from the vending machine and give these functional eating strategies a try to skyrocket your energy levels
- I get it - many of us rely on coffee or high-sugar eats to get through the day. If this includes you, it's time to change up your routine!
Of course, drinking down a few cups of coffee while also munching on a doughnut will give you an instant surge of energy, but by the time your hands stop shaking, you'll find that you're more exhausted than before!
It's time to ditch the coffee and sugar ... ››› more
- [31 October 2016]
- Up, down, up, down: Here's why your blood sugar's on a rollercoaster
- “Food is the most potent weapon in your fight against diabetes,” says Dr Mark Hyman, author of The Blood Sugar Solution. That's because the right foods can help you manage your blood sugar, while the wrong ones can lead to dangerous spikes. Here are some foods you should avoid and others you should include in your diet to get off the blood sugar rollercoaster…
If you suffer from low blood... ››› more
- [04 December 2013]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn