- Focus on these four foods for healthier blood pressure readings
- One in every three adults suffer from high blood pressure. While there are a number of common drugs and medications that treat the condition, there's a simpler, safer way to do it - by adjusting your diet.
Many people with high blood pressure follow the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet to control their condition. The DASH diet emphasises low glycaemic carbs and nutrients like... ››› more
- [15 January 2018]
- Just one sugary drink per day can boost your blood pressure
- It's well-established that drinking soft drinks and other sugary beverages raises your risk of obesity and diabetes. As if you needed another reason to cut back on the sweet stuff, a new study suggests that sugary drinks can boost your blood pressure, too.
According to the study, even one sweetened drink per day can contribute to higher blood pressure. And the more sugary beverages you drink, t... ››› more
- [01 December 2017]
- Swiss study finds that omega-3 fatty acids may help young adults keep their blood pressure at a healthy level
- Forget blood pressure medications like beta-blockers, renin inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers...
A new study led by Dr Mark Filipovic, a researcher at the University of Zurich and Cantonal Hospital of Baden in Switzerland, has found that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids may also help young adults keep their bloo... ››› more
- [24 April 2017]
- To lower blood pressure, oxygenate every cell and sedate the nervous system, take a warm salt bath
- Research shows that a warm - but not too hot - bath with sea salt helps lower blood pressure, oxygenate every cell, calm the nervous system, reduces pain and improves circulation. It's no wonder that Hippocrates, the founder of medicine as a rational science and Cleopatra cherished mineral-rich salt baths so much!
One study even found that the high levels of magnesium in sea salt helps lower l... ››› more
- [21 March 2017]
- Are you at risk for developing hypertension? Yoga can help, new Indian study finds
- According to a new study presented at the annual meeting of the Cardiological Society of India in Kochi, India, yoga can help lower blood pressure in people who are at risk for developing hypertension.
“Patients with pre-hypertension slightly elevated blood pressure are likely to develop hypertension high blood pressure unless they improve their lifestyle,” said Dr Ashutosh Angrish, a cardi... ››› more
- [08 March 2017]
- Study finds that middle-aged people who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life
- Unhealthy heart, unhealthy brain?
It's something you'd never guess, but a new study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore in the USA have found that heart disease is a risk factor for dementia.
According to the study, middle-aged men and women who are at risk for heart disease also face a higher chance of dementia later in life.
The researchers reported that risk fa... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
- Are your eyes always irritated and dry? These four medications may be to blame!
- Your eyes are always irritated and dry and you can't understand why. You've probably never considered that the little pill you pop every day - whether it's an antihistamine or an antidepressant - may be behind your dry eye, but there's a good chance it could be the culprit!
Certain categories of medicines, both over-the-counter and prescription, can starve your eyes of hydration, resulting in a... ››› more
- [01 March 2017]
- To purify your skin, lower your blood pressure, relieve arthritis pain and more, try an infrared sauna
- You've tried conventional saunas and they're just not your thing. They're unbearably hot and the steam makes the air difficult to breathe. Plus, conventional saunas only make you sweat at the surface of your tissue.
Infrared saunas, on the other hand, are a different story. Much more relaxing and comfortable, these saunas use dry, soothing heat that's well-ventilated. Plus, they offer your heal... ››› more
- [20 February 2017]
- Life isn't meant to be stressful - here's how to lower your cortisol levels instantly and live a happy, stress-free life
- If you're anything like me, stress is something you encounter every day of your life. Oh, you too? Well, don't worry - we aren't the only ones. In fact, stress plays a huge role in the lives of majority of people on this planet.
Somehow, we seem to get through each day even with crazy levels of chronic stress bearing down on our shoulders. But, at times, going from day to day with such high str... ››› more
- [17 January 2017]
- New study finds that the DASH eating plan may help relieve gout, a type of inflammatory arthritis
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, you've likely heard of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (or DASH) eating plan before. This diet was developed to help people with high blood pressure get their readings back to normal and slash their risk of heart problems.
But according to a new study published in the journal Arthritis and Rheumatology, the DASH eating plan may offer benefits ... ››› more
- [22 November 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn