- Five surprising culprits behind autoimmune conditions
- Autoimmune disease isn't something you should take lightly. The condition, which entails your body's very own immune system attacking and destroying all of your healthy tissue “by mistake”, is a leading cause of death and disability.
With over a whopping 23.5 million people in the United States alone suffering from autoimmune disorder, it's safe to say that the condition is far more common ... ››› more
- [27 April 2018]
- This may just be the best diet for autoimmune disease sufferers...
- Whether you have rheumatoid arthritis or multiple sclerosis, as an autoimmune disease sufferer you know exactly how frustrating it is following an autoimmune protocol only to find after a week or two, that none of your symptoms have diminished.
This can be especially confusing if you've read many real life stories about fellow sufferers who have successfully used an elimination diet to get to ... ››› more
- [28 December 2017]
- Prevent type 1 diabetes by consuming more of these fatty acids
- A new international study by researchers at Monash University's Biomedicine Discovery Institute have found that you can prevent type 1 diabetes by consuming more short-chain acids acetate and butyrate.
For more on how these short-chain fatty acids can help prevent the autoimmune disease type 1 diabetes in which your pancreas produce little to no insulin (the hormone that regulates your blood su... ››› more
- [01 June 2017]
- Michigan State University study discovers that omega-3 fatty acids can stop a known trigger of lupus - a chronic autoimmune disease
- Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease characterised by unpleasant symptoms like fatigue, joint pain, fever and butterfly rash. If you're diagnosed with this inflammatory disease, you're familiar with how these symptoms constantly flare-up and improve.
The question is: What can you do to keep known triggers of lupus at bay to stop flare-ups?
According to a new Michigan State University study... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
- Treating rheumatoid arthritis within six months yields better results in the long run, British study finds
- After many years of wear and tear on your body, you may become increasingly worried about developing arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a certain type of the joint inflammation disease that's characterised by inflammation of your peripheral joints of your shoulders, hands, wrists, elbows, hips, knees, feet and usually on both sides of your body.
According to a brand new British study published ... ››› more
- [02 May 2017]
- Large-scale study suggests that heavy coffee drinkers may have a lower risk of multiple sclerosis
- Turns out drinking down several cups of coffee every morning offers more benefits than just waking up your system!
According to a new study published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry, people who drink lots of coffee may have a lower risk of multiple sclerosis.
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease that arises when arises your immune system mistakenly attacks the p... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- Five incredible medical uses for CBD - from diabetes to multiple sclerosis
- Cannabidol, or CBD, is a compound found in marijuana. It helps treat depression, fights feelings of panic and paranoia and much more...
But the benefits of CBD don't stop there - read on for five remarkable medical uses for this compound that you probably didn't know about.
Five medical conditions that CBD combats
In one study, researchers found that using CBD prevented ... ››› more
- [12 April 2017]
- Autoimmune disease patients: Eat these five vitamins and minerals and put your suffering at ease!
- There are billions of people around the world suffer from an autoimmune disease. Thankfully, there's some good news: There's a lot that sufferers can do to take action for their health.
Research suggests that genetics only account for about one-third of autoimmune disease factors. Therefore, environmental triggers and diet might be what's largely responsible. This means you can help balance you... ››› more
- [22 March 2017]
- This may be why 80% of autoimmune disease sufferers are women
- Autoimmune diseases, such as Graves disease, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus, occur when your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake, resulting in the flooding of inflammatory proteins.
While localised, short-term inflammation is healthy, natural and necessary for healing, too ... ››› more
- [08 March 2017]
- The top three causes of the autoimmune disease Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Many people suffer from hypothyroidism, or a low functioning thyroid. All people diagnosed with this thyroid condition also have the autoimmune disease Hashimoto's thyroiditis - a condition in which your immune system attacks your thyroid.
Because your thyroid is part of your endocrine system, which produces hormones that your body needs for a number of functions, Hashimoto's thyroiditis is a ... ››› more
- [29 December 2016]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn