- Short sleep boosts your risk of anxiety and depression, according to research
- Your doctor recommends that you get at least eight hours of sleep a night, but is it really that important to get that much shuteye every night? New research from Binghamton University, State University of New York in the United States says yes.
In their study, researchers found a link between sleeping less than the recommended eight hours a night and intrusive, repetitive thoughts like those s... ››› more
- [10 January 2018]
- Treating depression is easier with this new blood test
- Treating depression has been a challenge up until now. While doctors previously used to write prescriptions for depression patients based on what was essentially educated guesswork, they are now able to select the most helpful type of medication thanks to a newly developed blood test.
This new blood test, which was developed by researchers at UT Southwestern, provides more accurate information ... ››› more
- [21 June 2017]
- Lung cancer combined with depression and anxiety - a recipe for early death
- A body of past research has looked at the impact of mental health disorders like depression and anxiety on breast cancer. But the effect of such disorders on other types of cancer, like lung cancer, had yet to be studied up until now.
According to a study conducted by researchers at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada, lung cancer patients with depression and anxiety are likely t... ››› more
- [29 May 2017]
- Studies show that omega-3 fatty acids have positive effects on mood disorders such as major depression and generalised anxiety disorder
- You know all about the ways in which omega-3, the fatty acids found in foods like salmon, eggs, peanut butter and walnuts, promote heart health.
But did you know that omega-3 has positive effects on mood disorders like major depression, generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder and bipolar disorder, too?
Read on to learn more about how omega-3 can reduce symptoms of these mood disorders.... ››› more
- [22 May 2017]
- Are you always riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? Drink this every morning to address the root cause - adrenal fatigue
- Have you ever finished work and arrived home to a clean house with no more tasks to do for the day and still felt riddled with anxiety and full-blown panic? You know, the feeling that even though there's nothing to be stressed about, you feel like you're barely coping - or not coping at all...
It's a scary feeling. And if you ignore it, other problems may arise - your hair may fall out, your br... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- Finally! Five herbal remedies for depression and anxiety that won't leave you feeling drowsy
- Suffering from depression and anxiety can make you feel helpless. The truth is you're not. And, no - therapy along with medication that leaves you feeling drowsy isn't your only option to fight back.
In fact, there are many herbs that help ease depression and anxiety minus the side effects associated with antidepressants. Give them and a try and start feeling better right now!
Five herbs tha... ››› more
- [03 April 2017]
- Practise these three yoga poses regularly to keep stress and anxiety at bay
- There's nothing worse than having a go-go-go kind of day, is there? In the moment it feels impossible to focus and relax and all you feel is the stress rising inside of you!
But here's the good news - yoga can really help prevent you from getting keyed-up even on the most chaotic days. Yoga helps relieve stress and anxiety by keeping you focused on your breath instead of all the worries racing ... ››› more
- [15 March 2017]
- Dr Oz explains how hemp strengthens your brain against bad fats and improves how you think and feel
- If you're stressed out, suffer from anxiety attacks, have difficulty thinking or have a bad memory, there's one slightly controversial plant that can really help strengthen your brain and enhance how you think and feel - hemp!
According to Dr Mehmet Oz of the Dr Oz Show, “Hemp seed is the next biggest thing for your memory”. But what's in the seeds from the hemp plant that can feed an ailin... ››› more
- [07 March 2017]
- Wondering about the secret to getting a fresh, natural glow? Meet rosehip oil (Bonus: It balances your hormones and boosts your libido!)
- Imagine a single natural oil that's loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, that's perfect for every skin type - even the most sensitive skin, and can help you achieve a fresh, natural glow.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Well, it's not - meet rosehip oil AKA your perfect match.
Wonderfully light and incredibly gentle, rosehip oil is one ingredient that you sim... ››› more
- [02 February 2017]
- No, it's not inevitable! An orthopaedist shares the best strategies to keep back pain away
- Are you part of the 80% of our population who suffers from severe back pain? Do you think that the pain is inevitable just because it's so common - especially in older adults? Well, then, you've got it all wrong...
Orthopaedist Dr Mark Knaub, of Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Pennsylvania in the USA, has confirmed that will approximately eight in every 10 people will suffer back pain at l... ››› more
- [20 January 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn