- Aerobic exercise can delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease and improve symptoms
- Scientists still haven't found a cure for the memory-destroying condition that is Alzheimer's disease, however, a new study has found that aerobic exercise can help delay its onset and improve symptoms.
Numerous studies have suggested that exercise can boost brain health in older adults, but not all have concluded that exercise either delays the onset of Alzheimer's disease or improves symptoms... ››› more
- [10 April 2018]
- Too much coffee could spell Alzheimer's disease trouble
- When you think of Alzheimer's disease, memory loss is the first symptom that comes to mind. However, there are also a number of neuropsychiatric symptoms that may be present even in the early stages of the disease. Known as behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia, or BPSD or short, they include anxiety, depression, apathy, hallucinations and paranoia.
Recent research has suggested th... ››› more
- [06 April 2018]
- This simple test may help combat Alzheimer's disease before symptoms surface
- Many people around the world take a daily dose of baby aspirin to help ward off heart attacks. Well, as it turns out, a daily dose of the non-prescription painkiller ibuprofen (Advil) can similarly prevent Alzheimer's disease.
The new study, conducted by a team of Canadian neuroscientists, found that ibuprofen could help susceptible people stave off Alzheimer's disease by targeting inflammation... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
- Drinking this vegetable juice provides a natural way to combat Alzheimer's disease
- Drinking beetroot juice provides a natural way to stave off Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study released at a scientific conference last week, the annual meeting of the American Chemical Society.
The research suggests that betanin, a compound found in beetroots that give the vegetable their distinctive red colour, helps slow down the accumulation of misfolded proteins in the brain, a ... ››› more
- [27 March 2018]
- Daytime sleepiness could be an early sign of Alzheimer's disease
- Do you often feel sleepy during the day? Then you might have harmful plaque building in your brain that's a sign of impending Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study published in JAMA Neurology.
The accumulation of a protein called beta-amyloid is a hallmark of Alzheimer's disease. It's believed that better sleep clears beta-amyloid, while poor sleep allows it to build up, the authors of ... ››› more
- [21 March 2018]
- You won't believe that these ordinary foods offer Alzheimer's disease protection!
- Alzheimer's disease, the most common form of dementia, is a devastating disease that robs victims of their memories and makes them shells of their former selves.
Even though scientists have been looking for a cure for Alzheimer's disease for many decades, they still haven't had much success. However, research shows that ordinary foods can offer protection.
Here are five common foods that can... ››› more
- [22 February 2018]
- A glass of wine every night may help keep Alzheimer's disease at bay!
- If you're a big wine drinker, we have the best news ever for you! Enjoying a glass of wine every night doesn't only help you relax after a busy day, but also reduces inflammation and helps your brain clear away toxins, including those tied to Alzheimer's disease. These findings were unrelieved in a new study published in the journal Scientific Reports.
“Prolonged intake of excessive amounts ... ››› more
- [08 February 2018]
- Eating too much salt can lead to Alzheimer's disease, study shows
- Do season just about everything you eat with salt? Well, you might want to do away with that habit - according to a new animal study published in the journal Nature Neuroscience, a high-salt diet could directly lead to Alzheimer's disease.
The study also showed an association between a diet rich in salt and cognitive impairment, dementia risk and reduced blood flow in regions of the brain that ... ››› more
- [17 January 2018]
- Another reason to eat your veggies: It reduces your Alzheimer's disease risk
- You already know that eating your vegetables is important for packing enough essential nutrients including fibre, protein and iron into your diet. But we bet you didn't knowing that eating your greens can also reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Don't believe it? A recent study published in the journal Neurology found that eating one to two cups of leafy green veggies per day boosts your m... ››› more
- [12 January 2018]
- Exercising to prevent Alzheimer's disease: How much is enough?
- Approximately 44 million people around the world have Alzheimer's disease, a progressive disease that destroys memory and other important mental functions. By 2050, this number is expected to rise to more than 100 million.
A body of research suggests that you can lower your risk of Alzheimer's disease by exercising more often. The question is: How much do you need to exercise? Read on to find o... ››› more
- [15 December 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn