- Cinnamon may help counteract an overload of calories!
- Can cinnamon help counteract an overload of calories? That's what a new study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute in the United States suggests.
The study found that cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil that gives the common holiday spice its flavour, ramps up metabolism to burn fat. Read on for the full findings.
Mice studies have linked cinnamaldehyd... ››› more
- [27 February 2018]
- Forget weight-loss teas! These common teas will help you shed kilos
- Weight-loss teas are on everyone's lips right now, which may have you wondering if these so-called miraculous drinks that are filled with unpronounceable ingredients are backed by any scientific evidence. We hate to break it to you, but all the talk about weight-loss teas is just that: Talk.
Truth is, no tea will lead to significant weight loss. However, some common, straight-off-the-shelf tea... ››› more
- [21 February 2018]
- Your morning cuppa can help you lose 5 kg a year!
- It's no secret that coffee helps a lot of people get going in the morning. If this includes you, you'll be pleased to know that coffee also gives your metabolism a temporary boost and that simply drinking it can help you lose weight.
In fact, sipping your favourite java daily can help you lose up to 5 kg a year. This is according to new research published in Women's Health Magazine. However, it... ››› more
- [16 February 2018]
- Eating more slowly can help trim your waistline
- If you've been looking for a quick and easy way to lose weight, it's your lucky day! And, no, we aren't about to suggest some crazy crash diet that'll leave you starving with no energy…
According to research involving nearly 60,000 Japanese people published in the journal BMJ open, people who wolf down their food could lose weight by simply chewing longer and pausing between bites.
Read on... ››› more
- [15 February 2018]
- Eating breakfast can help decrease your BMI and burn more calories
- Breakfast really is a very important meals, hence the phrase ‘breakfast of champions' exists. Not only does breakfast keep your energy levels stable throughout the day, but promotes and helps you maintain weight loss.
What's more, a seven-year-long study of 50,000 people found that eating breakfast was tied to a decrease in body mass index, while a body of other research has found that a mor... ››› more
- [12 February 2018]
- Forget fad diets - try these fat-burning food strategies instead!
- If you've ever tried a fad diet like the South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers, Zone Diet or Atkins Diet, you're familiar with how crazy - not to mention unsustainable - their eating tips are.
If you're looking to lose weight the healthy way and keep it off, your best bet is to keep your eating plan simple. By controlling your portions and eating in a balanced way, you can easily succeed at weight ... ››› more
- [01 February 2018]
- These are the top four fruits for quick weight loss
- Ever wondered which are the best fruits for quick weight loss? We've combed through the listings to give you the fruits will aid in the weight-loss process and do wonders on your body's weight!
The power fruits, as we like to call them, listed below will do the trick to your health and weight if you consume them in moderation. We bet you never even knew that they promoted quick weight loss!
... ››› more
- [31 January 2018]
- Study shows the best way to lose weight (it isn't eating less!)
- You already know that consuming fewer calories is the most important rule of thumb for losing weight. And you probably think that cutting calories means tiny portions that barely fill you up...
However, taking in fewer calories each day doesn't have to mean eating less food. In fact, simply focusing on healthier food choices may be a more effective - not to mention sustainable - weight-loss str... ››› more
- [29 January 2018]
- Three ways to lose belly fat that just won't budge
- Are you trying to lose belly fat because it's tampering with your outfits? But no matter what you try - exercise, calorie counting, you name it - it just won't budge?
Don't worry, we've got you covered! We have some new tips on how to lose belly fat for good. Here are three of them.
Three effective, science-backed ways to lose belly fat
#1: Make protein a big part of your diet
If you want... ››› more
- [26 January 2018]
- Five tips to accelerate your fat loss for your upcoming goal
- Do your favourite pair of jeans seem to fit a bit more snugly after the holiday season? Before they're even feeling super-tight in the butt, or you're seeing a little bit of muffin top peeking out?
If you answered, ‘yes, yes, yes!', you may be tempted to resort to an extremely low-calorie diet or other dangerous tactics to lose that excess fat fast. But that's totally unnecessary! Here are fi... ››› more
- [24 January 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn