- Breakthrough: Eating regular meals is more effective than dieting!
- Eating regular balanced meals is more effective than dieting when it comes to managing a healthy weight, according to new European research published in the journal Eating Behaviors.
Whereas regular meals promote weight loss, dieting can actually cause weight gain, the researchers found. Read on for more.
European study finds that regular balanced meals is key for weight loss
The study was ... ››› more
- [29 March 2018]
- Losing weight isn't only about exercising more and eating less…
- Many people think that losing weight is only about exercising more and eating less. If this includes you, then think again!
Hunger hormones, associated with your metabolism, play a big role in weight gain and weight loss - and controlling them may be the best way to safely and healthily shed kilos. Read on to learn more.
Losing weight is easy – keeping it off is the hard part!
Dr Scott I... ››› more
- [28 March 2018]
- Forget BMI - these are more accurate ways to measure a healthy weight
- The body mass index (or BMI) is a popular measure of body fat based on your weight in relation to your height that can be tracked to the 1830s. Your doctor has probably shown you a colourful chart of your BMI after hopping off the scale during a visit.
However, despite its popularity, the BMI is understood to be a relatively inaccurate measure of fitness. Fortunately, there are alternatives tha... ››› more
- [26 March 2018]
- A healthy microbiome promotes weight loss
- It's no secret that losing weight isn't easy. If it was, 42% of women and 14% of men in South Africa wouldn't be obese. Not only does obesity take a toll on your self-esteem, but also boosts your risk for cognitive impairment and mood disorders.
But here's some good news: According to emerging research, losing weight may be as easy as balancing your microbiome - a vast ecosystem of organisms su... ››› more
- [23 March 2018]
- Fish and olive oil can help you lose weight the healthy way!
- The Mediterranean diet is touted the best diet for a healthy heart due to its abundance of heart-healthy fats. According to a recent study published in the journal Circulation, this diet promotes healthy weight loss, too.
That's right - enjoying foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, fish and seafood, breads, extra-virgin olive oil, herbs and spices, and nuts and seeds can help you lose weight... ››› more
- [01 March 2018]
- Cinnamon may help counteract an overload of calories!
- Can cinnamon help counteract an overload of calories? That's what a new study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Life Sciences Institute in the United States suggests.
The study found that cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil that gives the common holiday spice its flavour, ramps up metabolism to burn fat. Read on for the full findings.
Mice studies have linked cinnamaldehyd... ››› more
- [27 February 2018]
- Forget weight-loss teas! These common teas will help you shed kilos
- Weight-loss teas are on everyone's lips right now, which may have you wondering if these so-called miraculous drinks that are filled with unpronounceable ingredients are backed by any scientific evidence. We hate to break it to you, but all the talk about weight-loss teas is just that: Talk.
Truth is, no tea will lead to significant weight loss. However, some common, straight-off-the-shelf tea... ››› more
- [21 February 2018]
- Your morning cuppa can help you lose 5 kg a year!
- It's no secret that coffee helps a lot of people get going in the morning. If this includes you, you'll be pleased to know that coffee also gives your metabolism a temporary boost and that simply drinking it can help you lose weight.
In fact, sipping your favourite java daily can help you lose up to 5 kg a year. This is according to new research published in Women's Health Magazine. However, it... ››› more
- [16 February 2018]
- Eating more slowly can help trim your waistline
- If you've been looking for a quick and easy way to lose weight, it's your lucky day! And, no, we aren't about to suggest some crazy crash diet that'll leave you starving with no energy…
According to research involving nearly 60,000 Japanese people published in the journal BMJ open, people who wolf down their food could lose weight by simply chewing longer and pausing between bites.
Read on... ››› more
- [15 February 2018]
- Eating breakfast can help decrease your BMI and burn more calories
- Breakfast really is a very important meals, hence the phrase ‘breakfast of champions' exists. Not only does breakfast keep your energy levels stable throughout the day, but promotes and helps you maintain weight loss.
What's more, a seven-year-long study of 50,000 people found that eating breakfast was tied to a decrease in body mass index, while a body of other research has found that a mor... ››› more
- [12 February 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn