- These are the dramatic changes you can expect when you cut out refined carbs!
- If you decide to cut out bread - and all refined carbs for that matter - it could be the best thing you've done for your health - and your figure - so far...
But few people realise what cutting out refined carbs really entails - and what to expect when you do. It's so much more than just the weight loss.
Keep reading below to find out exactly what you're in for and how to do it properly... ... ››› more
- [04 July 2018]
- 5 Delicious foods that BURN FAT!
- Did you know that your body produces a fat-burning hormone called adiponectin?
And that if you know how to switch this hormone 'on', you can lose weight naturally and effortlessly?
Plus, when you have enough adiponectin circulating in your body, you are also able to help prevent diabetes as well as heart disease.
Find out below how it works and which foods you can eat to get this hormone ... ››› more
- [20 June 2018]
- You can burn calories and drop fat in your sleep!
- Believe it or not, but a shocking 40% of Americans get only six hours of sleep or less per night, according to a recent Gallup poll…
A cranky attitude and groggy mornings aren't the only side effects of insufficient sleep, either - skimping on shut-eye can also lead to weight gain (yikes!). A Columbia University study in fact found that people who get less than seven hours of sleep per night ... ››› more
- [27 April 2018]
- Lack of sleep boosts your risk of becoming obese!
- Do you often skimp on sleep? That might spell trouble for your waistline!
According to a Swedish study, losing sleep boosts your risk of becoming obese. To arrive at this conclusion, researchers from Uppsala University say a lack of shuteye affects energy metabolism by disrupting sleep patterns and affecting the body's response to food and exercise.
A number of previous studies have found a ... ››› more
- [23 April 2018]
- People with a 'genetic sweet tooth' have less body fat
- You'd think that people who have regular sweet cravings are more likely to pack on the kilos than those who don't right? Well, according to European researchers, this isn't the case.
In a new study published in the scientific journal Cell Reports, researchers found that people with a gene variation that causes them to crave sweets have a predisposition to less body fat, not more.
These findi... ››› more
- [16 April 2018]
- Research reveals the top bad habits that lead to weight gain
- You already know that weight gain results from consuming too many calories (yes, we're talking about foods like chocolate and pizza!). However, at its core, weight gain is actually due to an imbalance of healthy and unhealthy habits.
There are two main types of foods - healthy foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein and plant-based fats, as well as not-so-healthy option... ››› more
- [16 April 2018]
- Cardio, strength training or both? Here's what's best for weight loss...
- The question of which is the best way to lose weight - cardio or strength training - has long been one of heated debated, with exercise experts coming down in squarely one camp or the other.
Finally, researchers from Duke University in the United States set out to solve the question by conducting the largest study of its kind comparing the two forms of exercise.
If you fall into the overwei... ››› more
- [01 April 2018]
- Breakthrough: Eating regular meals is more effective than dieting!
- Eating regular balanced meals is more effective than dieting when it comes to managing a healthy weight, according to new European research published in the journal Eating Behaviors.
Whereas regular meals promote weight loss, dieting can actually cause weight gain, the researchers found. Read on for more.
European study finds that regular balanced meals is key for weight loss
The study was ... ››› more
- [29 March 2018]
- Losing weight isn't only about exercising more and eating less…
- Many people think that losing weight is only about exercising more and eating less. If this includes you, then think again!
Hunger hormones, associated with your metabolism, play a big role in weight gain and weight loss - and controlling them may be the best way to safely and healthily shed kilos. Read on to learn more.
Losing weight is easy – keeping it off is the hard part!
Dr Scott I... ››› more
- [28 March 2018]
- Forget BMI - these are more accurate ways to measure a healthy weight
- The body mass index (or BMI) is a popular measure of body fat based on your weight in relation to your height that can be tracked to the 1830s. Your doctor has probably shown you a colourful chart of your BMI after hopping off the scale during a visit.
However, despite its popularity, the BMI is understood to be a relatively inaccurate measure of fitness. Fortunately, there are alternatives tha... ››› more
- [26 March 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn