- IV light therapy proving effective in the fight against cancer...
- Intravenous (IV) light therapy or photobiomodulation was first performed about 25 years ago in the former Soviet Union, the treatment involves the soft laser irradiation of white blood cells to trigger a variety of positive effects, such as boosted energy levels and improved overall health.
But that's not all - recent studies have found that IV light therapy also offers remarkable benefits agai... ››› more
- [09 January 2018]
- The ‘caffeine' test - a new way to test for Parkinson's disease?
- Testing for how much caffeine you have in your blood may be a way to determine if you have Parkinson's disease, a disorder of the central nervous system that affects your movement often including tremors.
This is according to a new study published online in Neurology, which found that people with Parkinson's disease had significantly lower levels of caffeine in their blood than those without th... ››› more
- [08 January 2018]
- Study explains the link between Crohn's disease and gut health
- Nearly 570,000 people in America alone are diagnosed with the inflammatory condition called Crohn's disease - and our local statistics aren't far behind.
It's widely suggested that Crohn's disease is due to an abnormal response of the immune system, but as your doctor will tell you, the exact cause of it is unknown. Or it was up until now...
Researchers at the Case Western Reserve and Unive... ››› more
- [30 December 2017]
- Fibre - not just probiotics - is key to optimal gut health
- The holidays are here, and one of the best ways to look and feel good in spite of the constant influx of sugar-packed, inflammatory foods is to be kind to your gut.
In a new study conducted by researchers at the Luxembourg Institute of Health, it was found that diets low in natural fibre (not to soluble kind that's found in processed foods like cereal to increase its fibre content) can lead to ... ››› more
- [21 December 2017]
- Could cannabis be the answer to treating sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts. According to a new study conducted at Northwestern Medicine and the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) in the United States, cannabis may be the answer to treating this sleep disorder.
No, they're not recommending that you smoke cannabis. Instead, they're referring to taking a cannabis-like ... ››› more
- [04 December 2017]
- This common spice may protect you from obesity and hyperglycaemia
- Cinnamon is one of the most common and comforting spices around. As it turns out, this ever-popular spice is good for far more than baking gooey cinnamon rolls and whipping up a spicy chai latte…
According to new research from the University of Michigan (UM) Life Sciences Institute in the United States, cinnamon may also protect you from obesity and hyperglycaemia, the medical term for high b... ››› more
- [27 November 2017]
- The 'shocking' secret to a deep night's sleep…
- You know those asparagus stalks you've been throwing in the bin while preparing dinner? Turns out, those tough stems have been hiding the secret to sleep management all this time…
The scientific community has finally caught on that the lower portion of asparagus stalks contain a propriety ingredient called ETAS, which has the unique ability to increase the production of a powerful, protective... ››› more
- [10 November 2017]
- Smoking accelerates the pace of mental conditions in men, study finds
- As if you needed another reason to quit smoking, a study published on the website of the Archives of General Psychiatry has revealed that smoking appears to accelerate the pace of mental conditions - specifically age-related cognitive decline - in middle-aged men.
According to the study, the mental function of the average 50-year-old male smoker can decline as quickly as that of a 60-year-old ... ››› more
- [25 October 2017]
- CBD oil can help stabilise your mood if you have depression
- As CBD oil gets into the hands of more and more people, the reported benefits of this natural remedy are blowing the minds of doctors and the general population alike.
According to some of the latest studies, CBD oil seems to have an impact on people who battle with depression. So is CBD oil really a good treatment for those dealing with mood disorders? Let's take a look at what research says. ... ››› more
- [19 October 2017]
- Can a “depression nap” really help with emotional health problems?
- The “depression nap” is a trend that's taking social media by storm and has even made it to Urban Dictionary and Reddit.
Maybe you rely on a depression nap to help with emotional health problems, such as depressive symptoms, every day. Perhaps you've taken one and didn't know there was a name for it...
Either way, the depression nap is officially a thing. The question is: Is it a good t... ››› more
- [09 October 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn