- The 'shocking' secret to a deep night's sleep…
- You know those asparagus stalks you've been throwing in the bin while preparing dinner? Turns out, those tough stems have been hiding the secret to sleep management all this time…
The scientific community has finally caught on that the lower portion of asparagus stalks contain a propriety ingredient called ETAS, which has the unique ability to increase the production of a powerful, protective... ››› more
- [10 November 2017]
- Smoking accelerates the pace of mental conditions in men, study finds
- As if you needed another reason to quit smoking, a study published on the website of the Archives of General Psychiatry has revealed that smoking appears to accelerate the pace of mental conditions - specifically age-related cognitive decline - in middle-aged men.
According to the study, the mental function of the average 50-year-old male smoker can decline as quickly as that of a 60-year-old ... ››› more
- [25 October 2017]
- CBD oil can help stabilise your mood if you have depression
- As CBD oil gets into the hands of more and more people, the reported benefits of this natural remedy are blowing the minds of doctors and the general population alike.
According to some of the latest studies, CBD oil seems to have an impact on people who battle with depression. So is CBD oil really a good treatment for those dealing with mood disorders? Let's take a look at what research says. ... ››› more
- [19 October 2017]
- Can a “depression nap” really help with emotional health problems?
- The “depression nap” is a trend that's taking social media by storm and has even made it to Urban Dictionary and Reddit.
Maybe you rely on a depression nap to help with emotional health problems, such as depressive symptoms, every day. Perhaps you've taken one and didn't know there was a name for it...
Either way, the depression nap is officially a thing. The question is: Is it a good t... ››› more
- [09 October 2017]
- Three new treatments for depression from around the world
- Despite a wide variety of treatments for depression, between 10% and 20% of people with depression have treatment-resistant depression.
The statistics on depression are sobering to state the least. More than 350 million people worldwide suffer from depression. Plus, it's the most common cause of disability worldwide.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, in 2015 an estimated ... ››› more
- [14 September 2017]
- This treatment for depression could slow down Parkinson's disease
- Nortriptyline, a treatment for depression that's been around for more than 50 years could slow down the progression of Parkinson's disease, according to a Michigan State University (MSU) study published in the journal Neurobiology of Disease.
In the proof-of-concept study, the antidepressant stopped the growth of abnormal proteins that can build up in the brain and lead to the development of Pa... ››› more
- [11 September 2017]
- These popular drugs for enlarged prostate may be harmful!
- Popular hormone-based drugs for treating enlarged prostate may be harmful. More specifically, these go-to drugs can boost a man's risk of stroke, heart disease and even type 2 diabetes.
This goes according to a study recently published online in the journal Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation. For the full findings, read on...
Study reveals that hormone-based drugs for enlar... ››› more
- [04 August 2017]
- New tool determines the risk of mental problems in Parkinson's disease patients
- Parkinson's disease may still be widely considered a movement disorder, but it can also heighten your risk for mental problems such as cognitive decline. Fortunately, researchers have a developed a new tool that may help determine the risk of mental problems in Parkinson's disease patients...
The researchers behind the tool published their study, which was funded by the National Institute of Ne... ››› more
- [26 June 2017]
- Treating depression is easier with this new blood test
- Treating depression has been a challenge up until now. While doctors previously used to write prescriptions for depression patients based on what was essentially educated guesswork, they are now able to select the most helpful type of medication thanks to a newly developed blood test.
This new blood test, which was developed by researchers at UT Southwestern, provides more accurate information ... ››› more
- [21 June 2017]
- Michigan State University study discovers that omega-3 fatty acids can stop a known trigger of lupus - a chronic autoimmune disease
- Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease characterised by unpleasant symptoms like fatigue, joint pain, fever and butterfly rash. If you're diagnosed with this inflammatory disease, you're familiar with how these symptoms constantly flare-up and improve.
The question is: What can you do to keep known triggers of lupus at bay to stop flare-ups?
According to a new Michigan State University study... ››› more
- [17 May 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn