- The hidden reason you wake up at 3am every morning and can't get back to sleep...
- If you wake up every morning at 2am or 3am and just can't get back to sleep, you'll know just how disruptive this new sleep cycle can really be.
You're tired during the day, you're grumpy and you snack more to get your energy levels back up.
The reason your sleep cycle is thrown out could be low blood sugar.
Keep reading to find out how to tell if you unknowingly suffer from low blood su... ››› more
- [07 September 2018]
- Drinking more than one drink a day can take years off your life!
- If you regularly drink more than the recommended one drink per day, you're taking years off your life, according to a major report.
The international study, which looked at 600,000 drinkers, estimated that having 10 to 15 alcoholic drinks a week could shorten a person's life by between one and two years.
What's more, the researchers warned that people who drink more than 18 drinks a week co... ››› more
- [16 April 2018]
- Calcium overdose may be putting you at risk of serious health issues!
- A recent study suggests that some adults who use calcium supplements to meet their daily quota are taking higher doses than necessary, ultimately putting themselves at risk of serious health issues, including cardiovascular disease.
The study found that one in 20 adults got a substantial portion of their daily calcium from supplements. If you think this may include you, you'll want to keep read... ››› more
- [06 April 2018]
- Too much red or processed meat boosts risk of a fatty liver!
- High intake of red meat is tied to high LDL cholesterol levels and an increased risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, while The World Organization classifies processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen, which means there's strong evidence that processed meats cause cancer.
As if we needed another reason to cut back on red and processed meat, a new Israeli study has just unveiled that these mea... ››› more
- [27 March 2018]
- Probiotics can help stave off the flu all year round!
- Millions of people around the world take probiotics to improve their digestive health. If this includes you, good news - probiotics can also help protect against variations of influenza A virus, according to a Georgia State University study.
Influenza A virus infects humans, birds and pigs and has many subtypes based on hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) proteins on the surface of the vi... ››› more
- [07 March 2018]
- Drinking green tea every day may help prevent periodontal disease
- You already know that drinking green tea daily boosts your brain health and helps speed up fat burn. New research shows that it also may help prevent periodontal disease.
For the study, lead author Dr Babitha Nugala, an internationally renowned expert on periodontal disease, reviewed more than 20 studies of the beneficial role of green tea in reducing the risk the disease.
Dr Nugaka conclude... ››› more
- [01 March 2018]
- Exposure to trees and greenery can help stave off depression
- You've heard the saying that goes, ‘nature is good for the mind, body and soul'. Now, there's some scientific evidence to back up this claim.
A study published in the Journal of Adolescent Health shows that exposure to trees and other greenery staves off depression in adults and that the same may be true for teenagers.
Read on for the full findings…
Nature really is good for the mind,... ››› more
- [23 February 2018]
- Could the bacteria in your gut be tanking your emotional health?
- When you think of factors that can affect your emotional heath, things like thought patterns, chemical imbalances and sleep quality come to mind. But what about your gut?
While you may not think of your gut as a key contributor to your emotional health, research is increasingly suggesting that you should. Keep reading to learn more about this interesting connection.
Your gut is home to at le... ››› more
- [02 February 2018]
- IV light therapy proving effective in the fight against cancer...
- Intravenous (IV) light therapy or photobiomodulation was first performed about 25 years ago in the former Soviet Union, the treatment involves the soft laser irradiation of white blood cells to trigger a variety of positive effects, such as boosted energy levels and improved overall health.
But that's not all - recent studies have found that IV light therapy also offers remarkable benefits agai... ››› more
- [09 January 2018]
- The ‘caffeine' test - a new way to test for Parkinson's disease?
- Testing for how much caffeine you have in your blood may be a way to determine if you have Parkinson's disease, a disorder of the central nervous system that affects your movement often including tremors.
This is according to a new study published online in Neurology, which found that people with Parkinson's disease had significantly lower levels of caffeine in their blood than those without th... ››› more
- [08 January 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn