- Preliminary study discovers that cinnamon may reduce the risk of cardiovascular damage of a high-fat diet
- Sure, high-fat foods are filling and delicious - but studies have proven that high-fat diets feed heart disease!
If you can't seem to give up fatty foods despite the potential damage they're doing on your heart, today's your lucky day...
According to a preliminary study presented at American Heart Association's Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Peripheral Vascular Disease 20... ››› more
- [11 May 2017]
- Keele University study uncovers that people with heart failure have a higher risk of death than those with most common cancers
- It's true that cancer is a leading cause of death globally. But is it number one?
According to a recent study led by Keele University in England in collaboration with the Universities of Aberdeen and Manchester, men and women who suffer from heart failure are actually at a higher risk of death than people with most common cancers.
This study is the first of its kind to compare survival of h... ››› more
- [10 May 2017]
- New German study finds that women who have regular migraines may be 50% more likely to have a stroke or heart attack
- You may think that your migraines are a result of stress, hormonal changes or eating certain foods and are nothing serious. But a new study has confirmed that if you're a woman, regular migraines may be linked to increased risk of stroke or heart attack.
“Migraine should be considered a marker for increased risk of cardiovascular disease, at least in women,” reported Dr Tobias Kurth, direc... ››› more
- [26 April 2017]
- Swiss study finds that omega-3 fatty acids may help young adults keep their blood pressure at a healthy level
- Forget blood pressure medications like beta-blockers, renin inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers...
A new study led by Dr Mark Filipovic, a researcher at the University of Zurich and Cantonal Hospital of Baden in Switzerland, has found that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids may also help young adults keep their bloo... ››› more
- [24 April 2017]
- Iranian study suggests that eating avocado prevents metabolic syndrome AKA “the new silent killer”
- If you're an avocado lover, you'll be happy to know that a new review of scientific literature published in the journal Phytotherapy Research has found that eating avocado is a simple and effective - not to mention delicious - way to prevent metabolic syndrome.
Metabolic syndrome, which is dubbed “the new silent killer” by scientists and doctors alike, is a condition in which three or more ... ››› more
- [18 April 2017]
- Heartburn impacts millions of people! Here's what to do when you have heartburn to prevent oesophagus damage and chronic inflammation
- Heartburn is a burning sensation that occurs in your throat, chest or upper abdomen, usually after eating a large meal as an over full stomach changes the pressure on your lower oesophageal sphincter.
Other common causes of heartburn include smoking, stress, pregnancy, fried food and certain medications.
Heartburn impacts the lives of millions of people around the world. But just because i... ››› more
- [05 April 2017]
- Study suggests that cannabinoids may be as effective as drugs to prevent heart disease
- The marijuana plant contains a group of compounds called cannabinoids, which past animal studies suggest may prevent a number of health conditions. These include high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack and atherosclerosis.
Now, researchers from the University of Nottingham School of Medicine in Nottingham in the UK have found that cannabinoids may have the very same effects in humans!
Stud... ››› more
- [05 April 2017]
- This carb smart nori-crusted salmon dish is packed with long chain omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA
- If, like me, you're a huge salmon lover, you're probably always on the lookout for new ways to prepare and serve your favourite fish. In this nori-crusted salmon dish recipe, the salty, sea flavour of the nori works ever so well with the rich, succulent fish.
Bonus: It's served on a bed of fresh, ginger-infused soba noodles, which makes it a “smart carb” meal! Why not give this recipe a sh... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- These four foods help keep up the fight against inflammation to prevent everything from allergies to heart disease
- By now, you know that inflammation is the root of everything - allergies, chronic pain, obesity, migraines, thyroid problems, diabetes, peripheral neuropathy, heart disease, stroke, cancer, dental problems... the list goes on.
One of the best ways to fight inflammation and prevent these health problems is to eat foods that calm your body. Read on for four top inflammation-fighting foods that ke... ››› more
- [10 March 2017]
- Are you at risk for developing hypertension? Yoga can help, new Indian study finds
- According to a new study presented at the annual meeting of the Cardiological Society of India in Kochi, India, yoga can help lower blood pressure in people who are at risk for developing hypertension.
“Patients with pre-hypertension slightly elevated blood pressure are likely to develop hypertension high blood pressure unless they improve their lifestyle,” said Dr Ashutosh Angrish, a cardi... ››› more
- [08 March 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn