- Weight increases of as little as 5% can lead to heart problems!
- You may think that picking up the odd kilo here and there won't lead to any serious health problems in the long run, but new research has determined that weight increases of as little as 5% can lead to heart problems and, more specifically, remodelling of your heart!
The report published in the Journal of the American Heart Association was crafted by cardiologists at The University of Texas Sou... ››› more
- [26 July 2017]
- Some plant-based diets can increase your risk of heart problems
- Doctors recommend plant-based diets, defined as dietary patterns that exclude some or all animal foods to reduce your risk of heart problems. However, some plant-based diets may actually increase your risk of heart problems. This is according to a brand new Harvard study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
There have been a number of limitations in past studies that ... ››› more
- [20 July 2017]
- Why women should be proactive in combating cardiovascular disease prior to menopause
- Doctors are urging women with cardiovascular disease risk factors to be proactive in combating the condition prior to menopause.
To find out why doctors are suggesting that women consult their doctor in their 40s to initiate a prevention regimen, keep reading...
Many women say their doctors never talk to them about cardiovascular disease...
Research by Harvard Medical School reveals that ma... ››› more
- [18 July 2017]
- You can improve coronary artery disease by eating more lutein-rich foods
- A new study conducted by researchers at Linkoping University in Sweden have discovered that lutein, a nutrient found in a number of highly coloured fruits and vegetables, can suppress inflammation.
The findings, published in the journal Atherosclerosis, directly suggest that lutein itself has anti-inflammatory effects in patients with coronary artery disease. Read on for the full scoop!
Infl... ››› more
- [17 July 2017]
- Keep heart problems at bay by eating an avocado a day!
- If you're an avocado lover, you'll be happy to know that new research published in the Journal of the American Heart Association has found that eating one avocado a day as part of a heart-healthy, cholesterol-lowering, moderate-fat diet could help keep heart problems at bay!
According to the research, eating an avocado a day can stave off heart problems in overweight and obese individuals by im... ››› more
- [12 July 2017]
- Harvard doctor shares five heart failure symptoms everyone should know about
- It's inevitable: In your sixth and seventh decades, your body begins to slow down. For example, climbing a flight once stairs that you could once run up may now feel as strenuous as climbing Mount Everest. While vitality loss can be attributed to natural ageing to a certain degree, fatigue and shortness of breath are also potential heart failure symptoms...
“There's a general tendency for peo... ››› more
- [11 July 2017]
- Shingles boosts your risk of heart problems like heart attack and stroke!
- According to a new South Korean study, shingles - a reactivation of the chicken pox virus that commonly affects older people - boosts your risk of heart problems like heart attack and stroke. If you had chicken pox as a child and assumed that that was the end of it, you've been mistaken…
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, meaning “belt” or “girdle” is characterised by a rash and ... ››› more
- [10 July 2017]
- Why coronary artery disease patients should be concerned about body weight fluctuations
- A new study published in the New England Journal of Medicine has presented evidence showing that coronary artery disease patients should be concerned about body weight fluctuations as it may be linked to a higher mortality risk.
If you have coronary artery disease and have been experiencing repeated cycles of weight loss and regain, you'll want to keep on reading...
Study finds a link betwee... ››› more
- [06 July 2017]
- You can prevent cardiovascular disease by taking olive leaf extract
- Just about everyone is familiar with the benefits of olive oil. But olive leaf extract? Well, apart from the fact that it boosts your immune system and overall health, not so much…
One very notable benefit of taking olive leaf extract is that it has an actionable effect on your cardiovascular system and thus can prevent cardiovascular disease. This goes according to new research from the UK. ... ››› more
- [05 July 2017]
- Dietary gluten and heart problems - study clears up the link
- You've read that consuming foods that contain gluten can increase your risk of heart problems. But is it true?
According to a new study, dietary gluten is associated with increased risk of heart problems - but only in people with celiac disease. Read on for the full story...
Researchers determine that dietary gluten only increases risk of heart problems in people with celiac disease
The stu... ››› more
- [28 June 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn