- Four ways to beat gastrointestinal bloating after eating too much salt
- As you probably already know, salt causes your body to retain water, predominantly around your abdomen, which results in gastrointestinal bloating.
It therefore it goes without saying that watching your sodium levels can help prevent a bloated gut and keep your body healthy in the long run…
If you've already slipped up and binged on salty foods, not to worry - the following four tips will... ››› more
- [06 November 2017]
- Relieve gastrointestinal bloating with these five hot drinks
- Many men and women experience gastrointestinal bloating after overeating or consuming foods that are high in salt. Bloating isn't only uncomfortable, but also unflattering and confidence-eroding…
Fortunately, there are many things you can do to tame gastrointestinal bloating. In addition to eating a healthy diet and exercise, the following five hot drinks can help your belly shrink back to it... ››› more
- [03 November 2017]
- Improve your health and digestion by practising mindful eating
- Want to get on the same page of your gut and improve your health and digestion? Then it's time you start practising mindful eating...
Mindful eating is an excellent way to strengthen and soothe your tummy. It can also reduce stress and calm an upset stomach. Read on for more...
Feeling of stress and anxiety can wreak havoc of your health and digestion!
“Stress can affect every part of the... ››› more
- [02 November 2017]
- A bloated gut is a possible sign of stress
- Raise your hands if you get a bloated gut whenever you're stressed...
For some people, stress translates in breakouts, dry skin, an itchy scalp and migraines, but for many, it seems to reflect in the caves of their gut. If this includes you, don't worry - it's completely normal.
Read on to understand how your body works when stress gives you your next tummy ache...
Both good stress and ba... ››› more
- [01 November 2017]
- Three bad habits that can take a toll on your mental wellness
- Your mental wellness is keenly sensitive to the world around you. Of course, distressing life events like losing your job, going through a bad breakup or losing a loved one can often leave you sad, but your daily patterns of thinking also have a big impact on your mood.
Bad habits like drinking too much, not sleeping enough or holding grudges can undermine your mental wellness, whether it's a b... ››› more
- [01 November 2017]
- Seven reasons why hemp seeds are the best seeds in the world
- There's good reason behind why hemp seeds are referred to as a ‘superfood of the future' and a ‘gift from nature' - they're the most nutritious seeds in the world!
Hemp seeds come from a type of cannabis sativa that's been cultivated for thousands of years as a source of fibre and edible oil and seeds. However, neither hemp oil nor hemp seeds can get you high because they have a very low co... ››› more
- [31 October 2017]
- Four therapeutic uses of lemon balm for your mental and overall health
- While lemon balm is a herb that you might recognise from herb gardens, you probably don't know the many therapeutic uses of this herb for your health.
Lemon balm contains a variety of active compounds including polyphenols and flavonoids that offer various mental and overall health benefits. Read on to learn about four of these benefits... Four compelling reasons to use lemon balm for your ment... ››› more
- [30 October 2017]
- Need help for depression? Consider these five natural tips first...
- If you feel like you may need help for depression, you may be considering asking your doctor to write you a prescription for antidepressants. While these pills are a quick-fix, they're certainly not your best choice...
Truth is, tears are healthy and sometimes sadness doesn't need treatment in the form of a pill. Plus, it's important to remember that the pain muscle and the joy muscle are the s... ››› more
- [30 October 2017]
- Hyperopia in children and adults: What you need to know
- Hyperopia is the technical term for farsightedness, a common refractive error found in children and adults, though it's more prevalent in children.
In most cases, hyperopia is a result of a non-pathological eye structure known as physiological hyperopia. However, it can also be due to disease, trauma or poor development.
Depending on the magnitude of physiological hyperopia, it can also lea... ››› more
- [27 October 2017]
- These four plant-based foods help build up muscle as much as meat
- If you're a vegan or vegetarian, you may think it's impossible to build up muscle. While plant-based eaters aren't typically associated with muscles, the words “plant-based” and “muscles” isn't an oxymoron.
Are you ready to prove that plant-based eaters aren't all weak, scrawny and sickly? Great! It's time to get strong like Popeye the sailor with the following five plant-based foods t... ››› more
- [26 October 2017]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn