- Chia seeds and other snacks that fight fatigue naturally and effectively
- Do you get enough sleep but still find yourself dragging through the day like you're trying to escape quicksand? You're not alone - fatigue can often feel like a battle you can't overcome.
The good news is that certain foods can help you break free from the downward spiral that's slowly swallowing up all of your energy, leaving you feeling groggy and achy - not to mention dozing off at your des... ››› more
- [21 March 2018]
- GERD and heartburn drugs promote chronic liver disease!
- If you suffer from gastrointestinal disorders like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or heartburn, there's a good chance your doctor has prescribed protein pump inhibitors (PPIs).
There's no doubt that PPIs are highly effective in treating these disorders - 10% of the population wouldn't be using them if this wasn't the case. However, there's a downside to these drugs: They promote chroni... ››› more
- [20 March 2018]
- Gastrointestinal bloating: How probiotics can help
- Gastrointestinal bloating can be painful and embarrassing, but this condition can be somewhat prevented as well as treated. Probiotics have become increasingly popular for treating a multitude of digestive problems, and they may also be able to help get rid of belly bloat.
One of the biggest culprits of gastrointestinal bloating comes from gas that's produced by bacteria that feed on undigested... ››› more
- [20 March 2018]
- Don't let hormone disruptors destroy your body!
- Over 150 studies have tied hormone-disrupting chemicals, such as bisphenol A (BPA) and phthalates, to health problems including obesity, infertility, breast and prostate cancer, and heart disease.
BPA is most commonly found in plastic bottles and canned foods, but sometimes also in cash register receipts and contact lenses, while phthalates are found in plastics, pesticides, cosmetics and flame... ››› more
- [19 March 2018]
- The best fast fixes for instant energy
- We can all agree that in this fast-paced world, most of our days are jam-packed and chaotic. And it's only normal to feel somewhat tired at some point during those long days.
If you're feeling like you'd rather be taking a dive back into your bed instead of exercising, working or doing whatever it is you need to do, you've come to the right place. We're sharing our top tricks for getting your e... ››› more
- [16 March 2018]
- Include these foods in your healthy diet to prevent cataracts
- Cataracts are a common cause of vision loss, especially in older people. A clouding of the clear lens part of the eye that helps focus light on the retina, cataracts are the most common elective operation for adults.
Here's an interesting statistic: By the age of 80, more than 50% of Americans have cataracts or have had cataract surgery.
While sunlight is the leading cause of lens damage th... ››› more
- [16 March 2018]
- This popular diet could reduce your risk of developing depression
- You've heard of the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet and know that it was developed to lower blood pressure without medication. As it turns out, this diet could also help reduce your risk of developing depression, a study by researchers at Rush University Medical Center in the United States has found.
The DASH diet is high in fruits, vegetables and whole grains with a regular... ››› more
- [15 March 2018]
- Slash your risk of multiple sclerosis by 45% by eating fish regularly!
- Multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged, resulting in a range of signs and symptoms, including physical, mental and sometimes psychiatric, affects 2.5 million people worldwide.
If you have thyroid disease, type 1 diabetes or inflammatory bowel disease, you have a slightly higher risk of developing multiple ... ››› more
- [14 March 2018]
- The positive impacts of sleep on brain function and weight
- According to sleep experts, it's critical that we get seven to nine hours of shut-eye each night, but as many as one-third of us get less than six hours regularly. Does this include you?
If you know that you should be getting a little - or maybe a lot - more sleep, read on to learn how catching more z's positively impacts your brain function and weight.
Good sleep enhances, cognitive, memory... ››› more
- [13 March 2018]
- Eat these foods to fight off macular degeneration and cataracts
- Age-related macular degeneration and cataracts are common vision problems in older adults. Many people assume that they'll suffer from some vision loss as they age due to conditions like these, but this isn't always the case.
By eating certain foods, you can prevent eye disease and keep your vision healthy. Keep reading for four foods that help stave off vision loss, while promoting overall eye... ››› more
- [12 March 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn