- Weak sex drive? Then quit drinking, smoking and slouching!
- Do you suffer from a weak sex drive? Then we bet you're willing to try anything - aphrodisiacs, pills, possibly even surgery - to get your libido back up there.
While pharmaceuticals can help bedroom woes such as a weak sex drive, the inability to keep an erection or the inability to orgasm, they only offer a temporary solution. Healthy habits, on the other hand, can permanently improve sexual ... ››› more
- [05 February 2018]
- Is your gastrointestinal bloating normal? Here's how to tell…
- A recent Dartmouth study revealed that over 30% of people complain about regular gastrointestinal bloating. While drinking fizzy beverages, eating gassy vegetables and PMS are the most common culprits, they aren't the only ones.
In fact, sometimes gastrointestinal bloating can be due to a serious underlying health problem. So how do you tell between a normal bloated gut and one that requires a ... ››› more
- [05 February 2018]
- If you're losing hair, this is the nutrient you need!
- If you're losing hair, know that you aren't the only one suffering from this torment. Hair loss is common in both men and women.
According to research 20% of Caucasian males over age 20 suffer from male pattern baldness, while 80% of women will have experienced noticeable hair loss by age 60. Yikes!
While you can't run away from the most relevant factors affecting hair health, being heredita... ››› more
- [02 February 2018]
- These summer foods will crank up your metabolism and suppress your appetite
- Here's the thing about summer: Shedding off those clothing layers is a lot easier than shedding comfort foods like macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, pizza and puddings. Do you agree with us?
If you're struggling to lighten up (on your food intake, that is), check out these four in-season summer foods that you can eat a lot of without picking up weight!
These four summer foods will fill you... ››› more
- [02 February 2018]
- Three must-know facts about lupus - one of the most common autoimmune diseases
- Lupus is an autoimmune that, according to the Lupus Foundation of America, affects an estimated five million people worldwide. The numbers are likely much higher due to the difficulty in diagnosing the disease.
One of the top 10 most common autoimmune diseases along with celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis, lupus is an inflammatory disease caused when the immune system a... ››› more
- [01 February 2018]
- Skimping on sleep makes you susceptible to colds and infections
- Your mother always told you that getting enough sleep every night is key to staying healthy. You may not have taken it seriously, but as it turns out, she was right!
In a letter recently published in JAMA Internal Medicine, scientists confirm that a good night's sleep may keep colds and other infections at bay. They found that those who slept five or fewer hours a night on average were 28% more... ››› more
- [31 January 2018]
- Vegans and vegetarians are more likely to have depression - here's why
- vegetarian lifestyles. Not only do plant-based folks have lower rates of diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease, research suggests that they may even have an easier time losing weight and live longer.
But it's not all good news - according to a recent Bristol University study, vegans and vegetarians are more likely to be depressed than carnivores. The reason? Study authors hypothesise ... ››› more
- [29 January 2018]
- Four energy-boosting snacks to power you through your between-meal stretch
- It's 10am, just a few hours past your morning gym session and breakfast and your energy levels are beginning to crash. You might be tempted to have another cup of coffee, but don't - what you actually need is a snack!
Tara Gidus, RD, a spokesperson for the American Diabetic Association, explains that snacking will keep your metabolism humming and is a fantastic way to boost your energy. But not... ››› more
- [26 January 2018]
- Dry skin? Achy joints? Add this to your morning coffee!
- By now, you've heard of collagen - the powdered connective tissue from cows and fish that people all over the world are adding to their coffee, smoothies, juices and oatmeal. The question is, what makes this supplement so trendy among the clean eating crowd?
Collagen powder, or should we say, the hot new ‘it' supplement, delivers a wallop of protein. It also moisturises dry skin, reduces the ... ››› more
- [25 January 2018]
- Kick your weak sex drive into high gear by exercising every day!
- Weak sex drive is a problem that gets a lot of attention. You've likely seen the TV adverts from the many pharmaceutical companies who are constantly trying to push their libido-boosting drugs onto the public.
While these drugs might seem like the quick-fix you need to revive your libido, they usually present side effects that are worse than the very reason you're taking them in the first place... ››› more
- [24 January 2018]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn