- This peppermint mocha protein shake is the best post-workout drink ever!
- This creamy, protein-packed post-workout smoothie combines two of my favourite things: Chocolate and coffee! And the addition of the mint leaves give the drink a refreshing flavour that I just adore.
Peppermint mocha post-workout protein smoothie recipe
1/2 cup soymilk
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
... ››› more
- [25 November 2015]
- Reduce fatigue and muscle soreness by sipping this banana cacao recovery smoothie
- Loaded with potassium for hydration and carbohydrates for regeneration, this chocolaty smoothie will help you out after an intense workout. By blending up this divine drink, you can kiss fatigue and prolonged muscle soreness goodbye! Just make sure to enjoy it right after you work out.
Banana cacao recovery smoothie recipe
1 frozen banana, peeled an... ››› more
- [24 November 2015]
- This honey and banana smoothie will help your muscles recover after an intense workout
- After an intense workout, honey does double duty, according to researchers from the University of Memphis. It helps athletes who use energy in short, intense bursts (such as tennis players and sprinters) maintain optimal blood sugar levels, and it aids in muscle recovery post-training.
Pretty sweet, right? Enjoy this delicious smoothie recipe!
Blend up this honey banana smoothie after your n... ››› more
- [05 November 2015]
- Sail through the work day with this chocolaty peanut butter and banana smoothie
- Making smoothies is something I do very often at home - at least four or five times per week. I find it to be a very easy way to include powerful nutrients in my diet - and they taste oh so delicious!
This dark chocolate, peanut butter and banana smoothie is just delightful. If you're a chocolate lover, you'll love it! It's a great smoothie for starting your day. The energy-boosting ingredients... ››› more
- [28 October 2015]
- Ten reasons why everyone should incorporate weightlifting into their training schedule
- When I began training in the gym with a personal trainer, he started me on a weight-lifting routine. Ignorantly, I complained, using the excuses that I don't want to get big, and that only men should lift weights.
My trainer laughed at me, and quickly squashed these myths as soon as they came out my mouth. Turns out, there are countless benefits to a weightlifting regimen - and it's something b... ››› more
- [27 October 2015]
- This banana berry yoghurt snack makes for a great post-workout eat
- This tasty and easy-to-prepare banana berry yoghurt snack is the perfect post-workout eat. It's packed with nutrients that'll boost and replenish your energy levels quickly after an intense workout. Enjoy!
Banana berry yoghurt snack
1 cup fat-free Greek yoghurt (plain)
1/2 cup low-fat blueberry yoghurt (you can also acai yoghurt)
1/2 fresh banana, sliced
... ››› more
- [20 October 2015]
- Blend up this salted caramel smoothie bowl after your next workout
- Salt and caramel - is there anything better? Actually, yes - a healthy version. This is one of my go-to post-workout snacks. It helps replenish protein and glycogen stores and build lean muscles (which in turn burns calories - yay!).
The maca powder is what gives this dish a delightful toffee flavour. It also works to alleviate stress and anxiety in the body. Plus, it's high in iron and great f... ››› more
- [14 October 2015]
- These are the benefits of HIIT - high intensity interval training
- High intensity interval training, better known as HIIT, is the way to live out the fastest fitness mantra, “strong is the new skinny”. While its principles may have been around for a while now, the newly awakened HIIT trend has got fitness connoisseurs back in the ready position!
Here's what HIIT is, as well as a few of the benefits of it.
What HIIT is
HIIT consists of the perfect ba... ››› more
- [14 October 2015]
- Four tips for using a fitness tracker
- In my books, there's nothing worse than exercising solo or always being dropped by an unmotivated friend. Do you agree? That's why I enjoy fitness trackers! They're super-reliable exercise pals that you won't regret choosing.
If you choose to invest in one, be sure to following these great tips for using it effectively.
How to use a fitness tracker
#1: Set yourself attainable goals
... ››› more
- [13 October 2015]
- Four tips for getting off your spin bike and taking your cycling outside
- With summer well on its way, who wants to be stuck in a cycling studio? Put that spin bike in park and hop on a real two-wheeler!
While a lot of your indoor skills will translate outdoors, you have to make a few keys adjustments, according to Janette Sherman, global communications manager at Liv Cycling (an all-female bike brand). Here's how to pedal right!
Four ways to adjust to cycling ou... ››› more
- [07 October 2015]
Ask our Experts a Question
Watch And Learn